Womens Tennis 2023

240,265 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is great to hear! I swear, I watch Mary and I think, well okay, she's solid, but nothing about her game blows me away. Except for the fact that she's a winner and just wins and wins and wins. Let's go Mary!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Ag4eva95
She's already beaten the #2 and 10 player in the nation, not including all of the other ranked wins. She's only lost once so far this year. She is going to be ranked in the top 15 come the spring, and if she isn't, she got robbed!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Jayci and Carson won again!
Signem
IMHO Mary got robbed last year by not being an All American. Maybe I'm just too plain vanilla, but I don't give a rat's rear end about her not being a dominate player. Her style and tenacity is so consistent and her mental and visual ability is so strong I just hope we get to keep her for 4 years. I think it's a pretty safe bet that Nicki Mechem's and Anna Lubinsky's all time win total are going down big time. Mark was super high on her before she showed up last year and his judge of character and ability is showing Karnak type ability. And it's Mark's comments about the Russian girl that make me think that no matter how he plays them, our top 4 are going to be VERY impressive.
Ag4eva95
Do you think the Russian girl is still coming in Jan?

With the Russian, our top 5 is very salty, not often you get blue chip top 5 recruits missing out of the top 6 in the lineup
Ag4eva95
Mary's run comes to an end, losing in 3 to Fiona Crowley of UNC(#21). Mary didn't have her best day, Fiona caught fire the last two sets and rattled Mary. She was just slapping winners left and right
Chapa96
AG
cbmik95 said:

Mary's run comes to an end, losing in 3 to Fiona Crowley of UNC(#21). Mary didn't have her best day, Fiona caught fire the last two sets and rattled Mary. She was just slapping winners left and right
Damn I missed it. Would have loved to watch that match. Fiona is this little person that is just so deceiving. She is from San Antonio and was I believe the #1 recruit about 3 years ago. Her attitude is fun to watch.

I am ready for the Spring to begin!
Ag4eva95
I forgot they were east coast time so I missed the first set. Mary lost 6-3, 1-6, 2-6
Anchorhold

Carson & Jayci vs Miller & Brown (Michigan)
https://web.playsight.com/live/town-of-cary/104
Signem
I have not heard anything to the contrary. Not that anybody goes out of their way to tell me anything. But I was skeptical last year about Carson showing up until she did, thank God. I asked Tatiana about her, and she was aware of her ability but has not had any contact directly with her. Hell, I thought it was Tati that may have been the reason for her coming, if she does.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Sad to hear Mary lost but what a great run! She's my new #1. How did doubles go?
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Sad to hear Mary lost but what a great run! She's my new #1. How did doubles go?

Lost. Not sure the scores. Maybe 3 &2.
aggiedrjdub
AG
It will be interesting to see how Mark handles the lineup this year. Clearly Carson has some competition up top.
bigfoot10s
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

It will be interesting to see how Mark handles the lineup this year. Clearly Carson has some competition up top.

I doubt anyone plays 1 besides Carson. I'd be shocked.
Anchorhold
Me too, but it's the kind of problem I like to have for a team.
aggiedrjdub
AG
We will see. Lots of combinations he could try. Why do you think only Carson can play line 1? (Or should?)
bigfoot10s
AG
1. She has played the top spot and taken on that level of competition.

2. Mary may not lose all year at 2, and Carson will win 75-80% at 1. Hard to beat those numbers.

3. She feels she came here to play 1. I don't know that she could handle not playing the top spot mentally.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Fiona Crawley wins the title. Mary played her close!

I understand what you are saying, most especially point #3. That's when coaching comes into play. Do you allow the ego of one athlete (not saying she has one), to affect your lineup? I would be interested to see the win percentage for Carson at line 1. I think when she's mentally focused and on her game she's tough to beat. Mary seems to be outplaying her though. Jayci might blow her off the court if she's playing well, too.
Ag4eva95
I agree, I think the teams will do what it takes to win. If the coach is good, then egos will be left at the door. As of right now, Mary is playing at such a high level that she is truly tough competition for Carson. Carson doesn't have the mental game that Jayci and Mary do, which is why she struggles. Carson is the most physically gifted, but that's only part of the puzzle.

If I had to put a lineup out right now given the last two week results, my lineup would look like this:

1. Mary
2. Carson
3. Jayci
4. Mia
5. Jeanette
6. Gianna/Daria

Also don't forget Jayci has played #1 singles for almost a full season and had success
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Fiona Crawley wins the title. Mary played her close!

I understand what you are saying, most especially point #3. That's when coaching comes into play. Do you allow the ego of one athlete (not saying she has one), to affect your lineup? I would be interested to see the win percentage for Carson at line 1. I think when she's mentally focused and on her game she's tough to beat. Mary seems to be outplaying her though. Jayci might blow her off the court if she's playing well, too.

I saw Fiona beat Kylie from LSU whom transferred from tu.
Regarding Carson and if I remember her interview with cracked racquets, she was working last Spring to help pay for expenses because she wasn't in scholarship while playing tennis. But that now has changed. So again if I am correct, come Spring her mentality will be solely on her tennis........
Ag4eva95
Auburn is going to be a serious contender to us and Georgia this year for the SEC title. They are recruiting extremely well, return most of their lineup and added a very successful grad transfer from Clemson. Watch out for them to be a top 10 team this year
aggiedrjdub
AG
North Carolina, Texas A&M, Texas, Georgia, Auburn...will all be VERY good.
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

North Carolina, Texas A&M, Texas, Georgia, Auburn...will all be VERY good.
Need to add Duke and Oklahoma......
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yes! So basically the top 10 is stacked.
Ag4eva95
Don't forget Pepperdine and Stanford, two teams stacked with blue chippers
Chapa96
AG
cbmik95 said:

Don't forget Pepperdine and Stanford, two teams stacked with blue chippers
Maybe even NC State.....
Ag4eva95
I know I keep raving about Mary, but to show how legit she is….

At the $25k ITF at Fort Worth, she qualified for the main draw easily and drew Peyton Stearns first round. Payton was last years NCAA champion and currently ranked top 250 WTA.

Mary took the first set 6-2 but is trailing 6-2, 1-6, 0-2. Still an impressive showing for what's to come. Come on Mary!
Rodney Dean
AG
I can't find any info about the tournament this weekend. Shouldn't teams participating and the schedule be out by now?
taylorswift13
AG
Mary4MVP
Ag4eva95
It usually comes out 1-2 days before the event, so I would assume tomorrow. Coverage for events hasn't been good this fall. Not sure why, but there have been very few updates in regard to updates
Chapa96
AG
cbmik95 said:

I know I keep raving about Mary, but to show how legit she is….

At the $25k ITF at Fort Worth, she qualified for the main draw easily and drew Peyton Stearns first round. Payton was last years NCAA champion and currently ranked top 250 WTA.

Mary took the first set 6-2 but is trailing 6-2, 1-6, 0-2. Still an impressive showing for what's to come. Come on Mary!

That is very impressive! Peyton almost took out a seeded player at the US Open.
Ag4eva95
Mary lost 6-4 in the 3rd, but this is a sign of things to come!

Carson advances with a solid win over the WTA #834. Not sure this win compares to what Mary put together. Mary beat the #99 ranked player from TU in qualifying, 6-1 6-2. Shes dominating
taylorswift13
AG
AHHHHHH I CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON! I FEEL LIKE THIS TEAM IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL! WE CAN LINE UP AGAINST ANYONE AND BEAT ANYONE!
aggiedrjdub
AG
I'm telling you guys, Mary might be our new #1.
taylorswift13
AG
Mary
Carson
Jayci
Russian Transfer
Mia
Jeanette

Who's beating that 1-6

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.