Womens Tennis 2023

234,333 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag4eva95
I support this and would love for it to be true
Aceswimmer09
Who???
bictegravir
Anchorhold
Logically I know surprises will happen and I'm excited for them. Thank you for the hints to get my hopes up. But in my head many, many four letter words are flying y'all's direction and Dante is writing a new circle of hell for those who don't share these kinds of secrets with me. Or the season just needs to start already.
/an aggie tennis fan
DevinHester_GoBears1
https://www.itftennis.com/en/players/salma--ewing/800671472/usa/wt/s/overview/
Quail
She is not on USC roster! Wow
aggiedrjdub
AG
What is this voodoo you're spinning? Are you serious?
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
taylorswift13
AG
Well what a great first post Devin Hester
bigfoot10s
AG
DevinHester_GoBears1 said:

https://www.itftennis.com/en/players/salma--ewing/800671472/usa/wt/s/overview/

………….
taylorswift13
AG
So not only do we bring back Carson, Mary, Jayci, Giana, Jeannette, brought in two for he heat high school recruits in Mia and Daria. But now we're supposedly getting two more unnamed transfers who we could plug in right away towards the top of our lineup… we could play Carson, Mary, Jayci, Mia, and the two transfers if they come as our 6… HOLY MOLY who would want to play against that
aggiedrjdub
AG
No more ………. FILL IN THE DOTS!!!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
taylorswift13
AG
I swear if we have to wait till January to learn these names
Signem
Patience is a virtue, and right now, that's exactly what we need to exercise. Our schedule isn't going to do us any favors except (hopefully) rack up a bunch of wins. The sip football team did the same thing when The Tyler Rose played his senior season, and they got so used to winning it became a habit. Hopefully the same salve rubs off on the girls.
Anchorhold
Please don't ever compare this team to the sips football. Just do your job.... er... name.
Ag4eva95
Incoming freshmen Daria earned a career win this last week, beating US junior #4/ world #32 commit from Stanford. She's had an amazing week, ended up getting injured the last two matches. Almost beat the #5 ranked recruit in the 2024 class, lost in 3. Going to be exciting to keep up with her.
Quail
Well, maybe the roster will be updated on Wednesday or this week since school starts. Really hope they are not January enrollments.
Ag4eva95
I think they would have to be Jan enrollments. The rosters for the fall have to set by a certain date in order to compete for fall tournaments. Athletes have to go through NCAA trainings and lectures, sign necessary governing documentation, all before competing. Kind of a tedious process.
Quail
My bad!! Thanks for the information. Lots can happen between now and January! But I trust the coach and assume all is in order.
Ag4eva95
Agreed, there is always wishful thinking! Still would love to know who everyone is referencing as the two surprise commits….
Anchorhold
ncaa or ITA? Maybe if someone turns on a strong enough fan they'll turn the lectures and signatures into an "I have read and agree to..." checkbox.
Quail
Daria, just played in the tournament at AM today. Just lost in 3rd set tie breaker. Son is there was was watching he is an aggie so hard to get information from him! States very aggressive which is both good and bad!

Ag4eva95
I am sure there are certain exceptions for revenue generating sports, but tennis isn't one:/ it is quite an exhausting process just to be able to play your first match. I would not complain if someone just hasn't completed the paper work and is just in the waiting for the fall semester
Quail
Anyone watching any of the matches on campus last couple of days. My son has seen couple matches. It is a supposed to be pro tournament but most players are from A & M.
Chapa96
AG
Looks like it was ring day today. SEC Champs ring day!!! And I am pretty sure I saw Ellie Pittman there too wearing an A&M sweatshirt......social media...........
bigfoot10s
AG
Chapa96 said:

Looks like it was ring day today. SEC Champs ring day!!! And I am pretty sure I saw Ellie Pittman there too wearing an A&M sweatshirt......social media...........

She was there for the rings. She didn't leave campus, just not playing.

My dad got one as well! Pretty pumped to get those pics!
Anchorhold
https://instagr.am/p/Ch3KjpxuEiA
aggiesherpa
AG
That's awesome!
AgBQ-00
AG
Chapa96
AG
Fall Preseason rankings are out. Carson #9....Mary at #58.....Jayci #109
Quail
Surprised Carlson is that high but she certainly can hang with anyone. Thought Mary might be a little lower but pretty hard to get higher if she plays at 3.
Ag4eva95
Not to shabby! Thought Mary would be higher, especially if you're comparing to the Texas rankings. They had some girls questionably high if you compare to Mary at #3.

Interesting that Jayci and Carson were the doubles pairing they selected.
Quail
Think I had my lower/higher backwards on Mary! I also thought she would be ranked in the 30's-40's. Where are you guys seeing the rankings? Do you think Jaci will be paired with Carlson?
Ag4eva95
https://www.wearecollegetennis.com/2022/09/06/di-womens-rankings-sep-6/

Here you go!

I was thinking Mary would be top 40, Jayci would be top 90. Then I was thinking two ranked doubles teams, Mary and Carson, Jayci and freshmen. But you never know!
Quail
Thanks for the information! Not sure I would want to play Duke this year!! Appears the same top teams from last year. Feel UT will be top 10 even losing Stearns.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.