Womens Tennis 2023

238,784 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't get to watch today, but I did meet one of the original lettermen tonight. She said Orlando was worth the trip.
Chapa96
AG
Anchorhold said:

I didn't get to watch today, but I did meet one of the original lettermen tonight. She said Orlando was worth the trip.

10000% Ive been to the last 3 championships and 2 were in Orlando. Great venue. If you are just a tennis fan highly recommend. Even better when your team is there playing. Im going for the week. Just sucked that a tu team won each year.
Signem
Russell DEFINITELY does not have his magic in Fayetteville. But the girls seem to really enjoy his passion. Mary said something to him in singles couldn't catch what she said though. When the ref got into it with him down on Jeanette's court the referee didn't say one word to Anna Ross who was basically playing coach to the Vanderbilt player. My understanding is/was that players needed to stay behind the service division line at half court. Ross was walking out on court 6 during play between points. For those who have been around for awhile, Tiffany Clifford Milner (Cliff) lives in Tulsa and has come over for the tournament. The girls on the team have now met 3 of the best players in Aggie Women's tennis history in last 2 months. It's sort of like corps guy's talking to old Ags. There's a mystical feeling about it.

UPDATE: Vandy didn't have 3 coaches with them so Ross was designated as a student assistant. I don't want to bad mouth someone when I need to eat crow.
aggiesherpa
AG
That's awesome that Tiffany is there for the weekend! She was such a great doubles players.
Signem
Everyone pray that the conditions remain as much the same as they are now. Beautiful clear sunny skies. With light variable winds basically going across court from NW to SE. or put another way, the winds are blowing directly into the referee's face on courts 1, 3, and 5
Signem
Mary took her wrist tape off yesterday halfway through her singles match. Today she isn't even taped for warmup.
Chapa96
AG
Court 3 down 5-1
Ag4eva95
Chapa96
AG
Remaining courts 5-5
txtomster
Am I mistaken we lost the doubles point to Florida last time we played ?

Chapa96
AG
AGS TAKES THE DOUBLES POINT!!!!!!!!
Chapa96
AG
txtomster said:

I dont remember. But wow...what a doubles point we just won both in the tie breakers!
txtomster
Even better !
aggiedrjdub
AG
txtomster said:

Yes. We won the doubles point the first time we played them this year, but Florida won the doubles point the second time we played them. Both previous matches were when Carson and Mary were at line 1, Jayci and Salma line 2 and Mia and Giana at line 3. We won 4-2 and 5-2 in both previous matches. It will be a close one today I'm sure.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Chapa96
AG
Ags lose 5 of the 1st 6 sets.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Chapa96 said:

Not the start we wanted but several close first sets. If we can get Mary off the court quickly and then win three of the second sets, we can do this.
Harry Dunne
Yes. Mary taking care of business here would be huge and give us the big emotional lift we are going to need to make comebacks on at least 2 of these other courts.
Chapa96
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

Chapa96 said:

Not the start we wanted but several close first sets. If we can get Mary off the court quickly and then win three of the second sets, we can do this.
Salma and Daria looking good in their 2nd sets. Mia is keeping up.
Chapa96
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Yes. Mary taking care of business here would be huge and give us the big emotional lift we are going to need to make comebacks on at least 2 of these other courts.
Mary being Mary!!
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
Has anyone found this on ESPN+? I can watch the Sunbelt tournament but can't find the SEC.
Chapa96
AG
Aggie_Outlaw said:

Has anyone found this on ESPN+? I can watch the Sunbelt tournament but can't find the SEC.
Im watching on my computer.
Chapa96
AG
Chapa96 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Mary being Mary!!
Mary wins!

Ags up 2-0
RED AG 98
AG
Second sets looking much better. Not sure what happened to Jayci in the 1st as I wasn't watching because she's been so damn automatic. I think she was up 4-0 before losing the tiebreak and now up 4-1 in the 2nd.
Chapa96
AG
Mia goes down in 2.
fishoutawater
It's on SEC+ if you have the ESPN+ package.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Looks tight. Unable to watch today. Y'all pull them thru for us! Praying! Gig'em!!
Chapa96
AG
All courts are now in 3rd sets.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Praying for 2 more sets. Florida is very very good.
Chapa96
AG
Salma up 3-1
RED AG 98
AG
Finish this ladies!
Chapa96
AG
Salma and Jayci up 3-2
aggiedrjdub
AG
This is scary close.
Chapa96
AG
Daria tied 2-2
Chapa96
AG
Jayci tied 4-4
Chapa96
AG
Chapa96 said:

Jayci tied 4-4
Salma at 4-4 too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.