Womens Tennis 2023

238,911 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One more Jeanette!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Dammit.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Chapa96
AG
Daria to the 3rd set!
aggiedrjdub
AG
This girl Jeannette is playing is not even in the same league but Jeannette cannot put her away. Just keeping the ball in play long enough to face a winner or an error.
Ag4eva95
Gave me flashbacks to OU last year
Chapa96
AG
Daria up 2-0!
Chapa96
AG
cbmik95 said:

Gave me flashbacks to OU last year
I was going to say the same thing and I was there live watching it!
Chapa96
AG
Daria 3-0!
Chapa96
AG
Mia closes out the 2nd set with crosscourt winner!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Daria up 4-0. Can't watch. She stresses me out.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Chapa96 said:

Mia closes out the 2nd set with crosscourt winner!
Never a doubt. Future #1 at A&M and eventual pro player.
Chapa96
AG
5-1!
Chapa96
AG
Here we go. Match points!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
We literally cannot win the last point. Pain.
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Daria up 4-0. Can't watch. She stresses me out.
Got that right!
aggiedrjdub
AG
5-3 Daria……
aggiedrjdub
AG
Damn. We won.
Chapa96
AG
OMG FINALLY!!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
That was the hardest fought 4-1 victory I've ever seen.
RED AG 98
AG
Ags win as Daria closes it out. Was only able to watch her 3rd set today. Definitely stressful.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Thank you line 3 doubles bc this could have very easily gone the other way if we had started down 0-1 after dubs. Need to be much sharper from here on out. Gig'em!
aggiedrjdub
AG
The wind was an equalizer today, but when we drop line 1 singles it's gonna be a battle. Mary has us spoiled and we were all biting our nails after that result.
Ag4eva95
Hopefully they got their jitters out today, road is only tougher from here! But a win is a win, against a good Vandy team. Good job ladies! Survive and advance, doesn't always have to be pretty.
Gap
AG
So Daria wins the 3rd set 6-3 to clinch the win.

I'm surprised Jeanette was about to go down at 6 trailing 2-5.

Strange day.

But a W is a W!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yep. Lines 5-6 are great when they are feeling it. They are not the type that can consistently out play backboards and moonballers what is what you find at those lines sometimes. Good players but technically just scrappers. Jeanette went from 6-4, 5-3 with 3 match points, to not being able to find the court bc she was so flustered. Almost happened to Daria too. She played 2 great final points though. Daria just needs to play her game no matter the score IMO. When she backs off her shots she struggles with control. Mireles is just going for the wrong shots at the wrong times when she gets tight. Hopefully they will both work on their serves as they progress. Turn them into weapons instead of rally starters.

That match was way different than a week ago when we were in total control. Vandy played much better.

One thing I'd say about Mary. To me, it looks as if she's slicing her forehand too much over the last 2/3 matches. Her backhand slice is a weapon, but her forehand slice basically just keeps her in points. I'd like to see her hit out on returns more bc she's capable and it will put her in control earlier on.

Great great matches by Salma and Jayci today. Solid wins on both courts.

Anchorhold

aggiedrjdub
AG
We sank their battleship lol
Anchorhold

Where is Kayal?
Ag4eva95
Good point! When Mary slices her forehand, she struggles either with the grip or the contact hitting a top spin shot. She almost immediately hits the net unless she has good timing. Today she did not, let's unforced errors. You could tell the wind wasn't her friend today. Very tough conditions
aggiedrjdub
AG
https://instagram.com/stories/aggiewten/3085993497698847535?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This makes me happy for G. Look how much it meant to her.
Anchorhold
Duke falls to Georgia Tech 4-3. Their usual top of the lineup Chloe Beck is playing a professional tournament.
DevinHester_GoBears1
Guys, I hate to say it but Russell (sign guy) might be cursed. I'm pretty sure he was sitting on court 1 for doubles and singles because it sounded like he'd swallowed the mic in the midst of saying "So good!" 862 times. How many times this year have we lost both line 1 singles and 1 doubles?

Then he moved down to Jeanette's court because I heard him get in an argument with the umpire. Jeanette proceeded to lose the 2nd set.

I just wanna look out for what's best for the girls. Maybe he should watch tomorrow's match from the hotel and see if we can't roll the gators without him? I'd hate for him to be the reason we don't get another ring.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I can't stop laughing bc I was thinking the same thing. Hahaha. I heard SO GOOD so many times I couldn't count. Also - worm burner and winner winner winner!! I'm pretty sure he was walking back and forth though, or so it seemed. Another observation I had was Mary and Mia cruised in doubles and struggled in singles. Jayci and Salma lost in doubles and cruised in singles. They played outstanding singles matches.
Harry Dunne
aggiedrjdub said:

https://instagram.com/stories/aggiewten/3085993497698847535?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This makes me happy for G. Look how much it meant to her.
Big-time comeback performance. Dubs was hugely important today.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Really important win at #3 doubles.

"It was a very hard-fought victory today," head coach Mark Weaver said. "I was really impressed with three doubles, as their [Vanderbilt's] three doubles had only lost once all year and that win clinched the point. I think having a match under our belt will help us tomorrow, as we play a very good Florida team."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.