Womens Tennis 2023

253,680 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Chapa96
Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not sure, maybe our recruits. She is Israeli. Don't think we have ever had ties to them.

Working for an Israeli company, I do know they have a very interesting culture compared to Americans. Would be curious to see how she fit in Austin
Quail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cbmik95 said:

Not sure, maybe our recruits. She is Israeli. Don't think we have ever had ties to them.

Working for an Israeli company, I do know they have a very interesting culture compared to Americans. Would be curious to see how she fit in Austin


I could be very wrong but would doubt she would come here to be #2 behind Mary. She would make a good #2 here.
Aceswimmer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let her and Mary battle it out…pretty simple.
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
<Stupid 4 am rambling>. Sorry.
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quail said:

cbmik95 said:

Not sure, maybe our recruits. She is Israeli. Don't think we have ever had ties to them.

Working for an Israeli company, I do know they have a very interesting culture compared to Americans. Would be curious to see how she fit in Austin


I could be very wrong but would doubt she would come here to be #2 behind Mary. She would make a good #2 here.


They are following each other on Instagram.
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Same for her and Georgia's team account. I, for one, welcome Mary's recruiting efforts. Surely one of the most attractive things about our team is the players and their friendships together. Salma knew Carson, but didn't she also have a good relationship with Jayci before she came here?
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anchorhold said:

Same for her and Georgia's team account. I, for one, welcome Mary's recruiting efforts. Surely one of the most attractive things about our team is the players and their friendships together. Salma knew Carson, but didn't she also have a good relationship with Jayci before she came here?
Yes. Salma had played doubles with Jayci in the past I believe. Maybe when they were juniors or maybe a fall tournament. Georgia's top 3 are back next year. Not sure where she would fit if she was looking to be maybe top 2. Just speaking out loud. We really dont know what is going to happen and why she is even transferring. But if she does transfer here that would solve one line for us.
Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did Lea Ma say she's coming back for a 5th year?

Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mary is the #2 player in the country. Nicole Khirin didn't exactly have an all star year. If Texas loses her and doesn't bring in anybody else, I don't exactly think they are a natty team. The Ags on the other hand will be. They are one or two transfers away from another top 4 seed.

The culture here is very attractive. Clearly players develop. Tati turned into one of the best to wear maroon. Jayci turned into someone that ended up with the all time doubles and singles records. Carson was an all American after one semester. Mary became the #2 player in the country after 2 years. The path to success is clear here. Believe in Weaver and Szabo and you succeed
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cbmik95 said:

Did Lea Ma say she's coming back for a 5th year?




Im mistaken. Looks like she did celebrate senior day.
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That doesn't necessarily rule it out.
Aggie Tennis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aceswimmer09 said:

Let her and Mary battle it out…pretty simple.


She'd be #2 unless she improves dramatically or Mary takes a step back.

That's OK. She is exactly what we need. Being a very strong #2 still gives you all the chances for NCAA singles tourney, all American status, etc. Any school in the country would love to add her.
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone gotten their SEC Champions T-shirt yet?

Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agreed, but even then, don't think it's much competition. She played #1 for the 2 time reigning national champions and was a top 8 team. I think it's more cultural change rather than winning. I bet she could have gone pro if she had wanted to
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crowley and her partner ends up winning the doubles championship.
Aggie Tennis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chapa96 said:

Crowley and her partner ends up winning the doubles championship.


Impressive. And Salma and Jayci beat them decisively at the indoors.
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any idea of when we will hear about transfers? I'm not sure I can wait until January again like we had to do for Salma.

Also, has anyone heard how Carson's recovery is going?
Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No idea on the transfers! Was hoping for an update on the signees by now! Would definitely like to make it official sooner than later.

Elise said Carson's recovery is going very well! Didn't give too many other details
Aggie Tennis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cbmik95 said:

No idea on the transfers! Was hoping for an update on the signees by now! Would definitely like to make it official sooner than later.

Elise said Carson's recovery is going very well! Didn't give too many other details


One more year!!

Carson stays, Texas #1 transfers in and one of the incoming freshman has a 1st year like Mary.

Let's make it happen, Mark!
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wouldn't that be great?
Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think it's very safe to assume Carson isn't returning
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think Carson will stay. I do believe Ellie Pittman may come back though.
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bigfoot10s said:

I don't think Carson will stay. I do believe Ellie Pittman may come back though.


Now that would be something!
Signem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IF Ellie comes back, will she still have 3 years of eligibility? I was scared s**tLESS that when she bowed out last year that she'd find another home and come back and haunt us. Ellie did play behind Jeanette and Giana though last year. Loved watching her grit on the court. The Dragon was fun to watch.
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah - would be good to see her back, but assuming we have 2 top transfers coming in, where would that leave her?
Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is accurate! Heard Ellie is coming back as well
Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would make it interesting. I would think she would be a potential walk on, given she is coming back to the team. Don't think she moves the needle too much.
Quail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cbmik95 said:

Would make it interesting. I would think she would be a potential walk on, given she is coming back to the team. Don't think she moves the needle too much.
Agree, don't see one of 8 scholarships going to her. Sure is quite right now for Aggies and Horns. Going to be very interesting!
Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm curious where she stacks up against Gianna and Jeanette. It would have been nice to have another option in doubles if Ellie was competitive enough for a spot at 3. Her rankings were right in line with Jeanette(somewhat). Tennisrecruiting.com had her ranked anywhere from 24 to 36 her last two years.
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess Khirin knew what was going to happen in Austin.

Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh man….. I know she was considering A&M…… she was one that was on my radar. Big blow
Aggie Tennis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cbmik95 said:

Oh man….. I know she was considering A&M…… she was one that was on my radar. Big blow


Tough one. That is the type of transfer you want if you are only getting one year. Similar to Salma.
Quail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anchorhold said:

I guess Khirin knew what was going to happen in Austin.


That would be the same theory if she came here! UT would have moved up some if Khirin was staying.
I have a feeling both coaches have something up their sleeve.
Quail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quail said:

Anchorhold said:

I guess Khirin knew what was going to happen in Austin.


That would be the same theory if she came here! UT would have moved up some if Khirin was staying.
I have a feeling both coaches have something up their sleeve.
I think those twins leaving UT last year caught them off guard. Plus Stearns and Collins leaving. I am shocked they finished where they did.
Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Exactly. We need an experienced doubles player. Not sure if Mia is ready for #1 double so next year. This summer will be very telling
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.