Womens Tennis 2023

234,331 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WHERES THE PETITION AGGIEDRJDUB
Harry Dunne
taylorswift13 said:

I like the spirit of this but realistically, it's a waste of time. The administration obviously doesn't care. It's not just this AD either. Every administration all the way back to Wally Groff should have built this thing and they all passed. The truth of it is, 99.9% of Aggies don't and won't have any idea this fiasco happened and more importantly, no one is going to cut off their donations because of it. As far as Joe Former Student is concerned, we have a top 5 team and everything is golden.

Denton is about to retire and O'Shea would work for free and play matches in the parking lot to get the job. If Mark gets frustrated enough to leave for another job, Bjork would be thrilled to hire CSQ for half the salary and have our Title IX situation look better and aside from the 10 of us on this forum I'm sure everyone else would be more than satisfied with her pretty face on media guides and whatever lesser but still decent results she provided.

The only thing getting this indoors built is a BMA ponying up the sum or at least a very good portion of the cash and specifying that it is to be used for that and only that. I wish I had the money to do it.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I don't disagree with you, but we cannot brand our school as an elite sports program if we continue to have failing facilities or are behind the 8 ball consistently. It wouldn't have been hard to design an indoor facility along with the track, indoor football, etc. I don't agree that Ross is okay with that mentality. I think the players and coaches and fans have to continue to voice their frustrations and make him answer publicly what the plans are until some action is generated. We continue to throw money into a football program that wins nothing (desperately hope that changes but that's the reality).
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Chapa96
AG
Weather has broke. Now it's cooperating. Looks like it may actually happen at 7. I see some blue skies.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I hope so, but it's raining buckets in The Woodlands right now. It's moving away from CS now, so that is promising!
Harry Dunne
But don't we have or soon will have elite facilities in everything else?

Equestrian is a great example. Nobody in the general Aggie fandom gives a rip about that sport either, but people that do support it support it with dollars.

Therefore elite facilities.
Harry Dunne
https://www.wearecollegetennis.com/2023/01/28/statement-regarding-the-ita-kickoff-weekend-texas-am-womens-regional/

Quote:

If the Texas A&M Regional cannot start both first round matches outdoors in College Station by 5 PM local time on Sunday, the regional will be canceled. In this situation and in accordance with ITA Kickoff Weekend policies, the highest seed will advance to the ITA Women's National Team Indoor Championships.

taylorswift13
AG
I'm actually trying to finish a dual degree with my Jd in law and a masters in sport's administration, my dream is to be an AD or work in collegiate athletics either in the administration or an agent in NIL! Give me a decade or so to work my way up, I'll get us an indoor court! All the space behind the PEAP building and near the rec fields needs to be used!
taylorswift13
AG
I will make a Twitter and DM that petition every single day to Bjork
Anchorhold
#24 Iowa State beats #10 Miami 4-3.
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I hope so, but it's raining buckets in The Woodlands right now. It's moving away from CS now, so that is promising!

Just saw the FAU team at the hotel. They are about to leave to the courts.
Harry Dunne
I'm torn because obviously I want us to get to play, but big picture I want to have Bjork have to deal with the embarrassment of not playing.
taylorswift13
AG
Let's hope they take the water off the cameras
Aggie Tennis
AG
Harry Dunne said:

taylorswift13 said:

I like the spirit of this but realistically, it's a waste of time. The administration obviously doesn't care. It's not just this AD either. Every administration all the way back to Wally Groff should have built this thing and they all passed. The truth of it is, 99.9% of Aggies don't and won't have any idea this fiasco happened and more importantly, no one is going to cut off their donations because of it. As far as Joe Former Student is concerned, we have a top 5 team and everything is golden.

Denton is about to retire and O'Shea would work for free and play matches in the parking lot to get the job. If Mark gets frustrated enough to leave for another job, Bjork would be thrilled to hire CSQ for half the salary and have our Title IX situation look better and aside from the 10 of us on this forum I'm sure everyone else would be more than satisfied with her pretty face on media guides and whatever lesser but still decent results she provided.

The only thing getting this indoors built is a BMA ponying up the sum or at least a very good portion of the cash and specifying that it is to be used for that and only that. I wish I had the money to do it.

I get the frustration on facilities but no need to drag CSQ into this. She's an Aggie legend and, after Mark retires, I'd love to see her coaching our team as a highly paid coach winning NCAA titles regularly.
Harry Dunne
Fair enough - nothing personal against her.

My only point is that the administration would be just as happy to have an inexperienced young (cheap) coach, whether that's CSQ or someone else, and aren't going to beg (or cash whip) Mark to stay if he decides to leave. In any other sport where we had an excellent chance to win a national championship and just needed a facility upgrade, it would have been done already to win the championship and to keep the coach.

I would also like CSQ to come back (when Mark is done), but she's going to have better opportunities elsewhere unless we start treating tennis with the same level or respect as the rest of our sports.
Chapa96
AG
Match starts at 5!
Gap
AG
Aggies win the double point.

#1 Carson and Mary 6-0
#2 Jayci and Salma dnf but led 5-2
#3 Mia and Gianna 6-1
taylorswift13
AG
Doubles point is always ours
Gap
AG
Florida wins the doubles point against Arizona
aggiedrjdub
AG
Can someone post the link for the live scores?
aggiedrjdub
AG
Did y'all see Vanderbilt beat NCSTATE to advance?
Gap
AG
Singles lineup:

1 - Mary
2 - Carson
3 - Salma
4 - Jayci
5 - Mia
6 - Jeanette
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Did y'all see Vanderbilt beat NCSTATE to advance?

Wow!
bigfoot10s
AG
https://12thman.com/sports/2017/2/16/tennis-live-video.aspx
taylorswift13
AG
Ladies are dominating singles!
Harry Dunne
That's great. SEC teams winning always helps us in the long run. Especially if NC State starts to play their pro & stays ranked high.
Anchorhold
Ags win 4-0

Doubles (Mary / Carson 6-0; Jayci/Salma 5-2; Mia/Gi 6-1)
Mary 6-0, 6-1
Carson 7-6, 2-1
Salma 6-2, 4-3

Jayci 6-0, 6-1
Mia 6-2, 4-3
Jeanette 6-0, 6-2

Florida beats Arizona 4-0 on the other side.
Quail
Glad to see they played and looks like they can play tomorrow. Appears they were ready to play as well.
RodgerDodger
Match will be played at Baylor indoors tomorrow. What an embarrassment this is to Texas A&M. Our girls and coaching staff deserve better!
Chapa96
AG
Quail said:

Glad to see they played and looks like they can play tomorrow. Appears they were ready to play as well.
Im glad I got to see at least one match. We are good! Very good! Very deep! I am excited to see how the season goes. Tati stayed at Mia's match the whole time. Good to see her out there again. Florida looked good of what I saw. Should be a good match tomorrow.
bigtimeag1977
A national championship tournament in which we have home court advantage has now been taken away. Baylor is more dedicated to their sports than Texas A&M so now our best team on campus gets to go play at Baylor. That is sad!
Quail
You going to Waco to watch match! Hope
You have work in Waco!
taylorswift13
AG
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED BJORK! EMBARRASING!
Anchorhold
Having to play "host" at baylor is definitely more embarassing than having the regional cancelled.

WHAT TIME???!
Chapa96
AG
Quail said:

You going to Waco to watch match! Hope
You have work in Waco!
I just saw this. What is going on? I will be driving thru Waco but early morning. I'll be watching online. Hasn't this happened before? Maybe it was for the men's. Horrible!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.