Womens Tennis 2023

239,077 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm scared to watch. Was down 1-5 and now it's 5-5.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Anchorhold
Signem said:

Not so fast my Aggie tennis guru friend. Carson isn't going anywhere. She's staying right here and will work through whatever she has to work through. This is coming from a VERY reliable source. She's found her home. She's walking away with multiple SEC championship rings [CHECK], and her Aggie ring [MAYBE YESTERDAY?].
aggiedrjdub
AG
Daria drops 5 and 5. Ags win 5-2.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold said:

Signem said:

Not so fast my Aggie tennis guru friend. Carson isn't going anywhere. She's staying right here and will work through whatever she has to work through. This is coming from a VERY reliable source. She's found her home. She's walking away with multiple SEC championship rings [CHECK], and her Aggie ring [MAYBE YESTERDAY?].

Hate to see her leave. Love what she's helped this program achieve. Not sure if you listened to coach Weaver's last interview, but he seemed to make it clear this was a mutual decision for Carson to move on for many reasons. I'm sure he would make it work, but it would limit who he could bring in. I think her recovery from surgery will be arduous.
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub
AG
This UNC vs Duke match is a big let down. It was moved indoors which obviously favors UNC but still. Not that competitive.
RodgerDodger
Legendary stuff!
ReginaPhalangeMD
" "Don't count your chickens until they hatch." So, this proverb means you should not depend on something that has yet to happen. It is unwise to make plans or suggest an outcome based on something that hasn't happened." It's tennis! Anything goes…. any given day, any given point, set, match!
Anchorhold
Since 2015 North Carolina has had:
5 undefeated ACC seasons
3 undefeated regular seasons
0 NCAA Championship appearances
Harry Dunne
ReginaPhalangeMD said:

" "Don't count your chickens until they hatch." So, this proverb means you should not depend on something that has yet to happen. It is unwise to make plans or suggest an outcome based on something that hasn't happened." It's tennis! Anything goes…. any given day, any given point, set, match!
Thanks for the proverb lesson.

I agree! That's why I am considering possible opponents and outcomes and not depending on any outcomes on this forum. I hope we cut through our opponents like butter, but its not anti-Aggie to discuss which ones might give us problems.

You know, forum - "a place, situation, or group in which people exchange ideas and discuss issues."
Harry Dunne
This is one of the reasons I do think we'd be the favorites on a hot outdoor court. But I'd still rather be on the opposite side of the bracket.

My opinion is that the only teams that have a chance to knock us out are North Carolina and NC State. I'd love to not see either of them until the final. I don't think anyone else can get to four against us as long as we stay healthy. I'm always a little wary of Stanford as a wild card but I think we'd be the heavy favorite there

And I'm sorry if I'm counting chickens or whatever. Fortunately I'm neither player nor Coach so I can have fun and speculate. I'm certainly not "looking past" any other teams. I just think we have shown that we are a clear level better than anyone else, even without Carson.

aggiedrjdub
AG
I would add Georgia to that mix, and during this time of year unexpected teams get hot. The inconsistency of line 3 doubles and line 5 singles has me a bit on edge. But, like Dr. Fingers says, anything can happen on any given day. A few weeks ago we were singing Daria's praise and since then she's hit a few road bumps along the way. Need her to get her confidence back and we will be fine. No clue about the doubles. I guess the 4 that don't get playing time aren't an option, so coach Weaver has decided to stick with Smeta and Pielet.
Anchorhold
Good News We can't be on the same side of the bracket as North Carolina because math.
taylorswift13
AG
So we should really be hoping for NC State to lose early in their conference tourney and possibly get the 4 seed! But most likely they don't jump that much!
ReginaPhalangeMD
Haha. Yes. No chicken counting. Ya gotta love proverbs. lol
They're gonna crush it!
Anchorhold
According to https://collegetennisranks.com/rankings/whatif/d1w NCstate and Duke are currently sitting at #4/5. I would much rather let those top ACC teams and Georgia weed themselves out. I just have a feeling that Georgia going to be hard to beat three times this year but for some others "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't". Let's beat Florida four times, Ohio State 3 times, and Miami twice!

Also, these Disney World commercial during the SEC Golf tournament is getting me antsy.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold said:

Good News We can't be on the same side of the bracket as North Carolina because math.

North Carolina is going to be seeded #1.
##### may NOT jump up above us to be ranked #2 because the Aggies will be at least the 2 seed: THERE ARE NO SCENARIOS I AM WILLING TO CONSIDER

I don't like bad juujuu before a match LOL! Gig'em and BTHOvandy!!!
Anchorhold
The Aggies vs The Commodores
"Easy likeSunday morning!"
11:00 AM
Cold and Wet - but the ran may be almost over by now

ON THE LINE: Undefeated SEC Championship
BONUS POINTS ON THE LINE: Hometown pride

HIGHLAND PARK, TX
Coms - Bridget Stammel (FR)
Ags - Lizanne Boyer (FR)
Lizanne may not make a swing today, but can she get inside her old friend's head? Knew her old weaknesses? Stammel will likely play court #3 both singles and doubles.

MARLBORO, NJ
Coms - Marcella Cruz (SR)
Ags - Daria Smetannikov (FR)
This is the match I'll be focused on at Court #5 as Daria leaves all her old issues behind with this performance.

Vanderbilt has been a almost dangerous exciting team this season with a win over pre-Shnaider NC State but then swept in Seattle. Since then they have perfectly positioned themselves to be right in the middle of the pack for the SEC title if by pack you think I mean the entire SEC. Currently in 6th place with a 7-6 record.

BTHOvandy!
Signem
Okay I acted on less than reliable information. But when I said it, it WAS coming from the most reliable source there is. Time changes everything.
Signem
Start time is being pushed back to 11:30 due to inclement weather this morning in Nashville.
Signem
Mark will tell you straight up that Vandy is a top 20 team. They have just under performed so far this year. Translation: beware the snake in the grass today. The ladies looked sharp yesterday at practice both inside and out. Mary and Mia are my 2 best bets (no news there) Salma has her work cut out for her. Jayci is my bet to be the clencher. Bottom line, undisputed SEC champs AGAIN!!
Signem
Courts are dry, seats are wet. Skies are clearing. If you're watching video slight breeze blowing from left to right. Not ideal conditions but very good.
Anchorhold
Live score shows our regular lineup
aggiedrjdub
AG
Line 2: Mary and Mia won, 6-1.
Line 1: Salma and Jayci won, 7-6 (7-2)
Line 3: Giana and Daria drop, 4-6.

Aggies take the doubles point after winning lines 1 and 2. Gig'em!

Conditions: It's VERY windy!
Digging the all white!
Anchorhold
Doors can't hold up doubles. Aggies get the point!

aggiedrjdub
AG

Salma is out of singles today. All lines move up a notch.
Signem
Score board completely out at the courts. Have NO idea how any court is doing
aggiedrjdub
AG
Signem said:

Score board completely out at the courts. Have NO idea how any court is doing

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=441819
rugger74
AG
rain delay or moving indoors?
aggiedrjdub
AG
No. They are playing. Score tracker was working for me up until about 3 minutes ago.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Mary is struggling with the wind and her opponent. I don't believe I've seen her win one game and I've watched 3.
Signem
Finally put score's out
Merry 2-5 for Sette
Mia lost the first set 1-6
JC tied 4-4 first set
Jeanette is down one-3/ first set
Daria is up 5-2 first set
Gianna just went up 4-3 in the first set
aggiedrjdub
AG
Where are you seeing these scores
txtomster
Can look at Aggie woman's tennis Twitter
rugger74
AG
Thanks signem, will you continue to update match

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.