Womens Tennis 2023

238,343 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This would be fun to watch
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Sure would be....And Cameron used to play for UNC and is now playing for Duke. I believe she may play Lines 1 or 2....
Aggie Tennis
AG
Chapa96 said:

aggiedrjdub said:

Sure would be....And Cameron used to play for UNC and is now playing for Duke. I believe she may play Lines 1 or 2....
Duke is good but I don't think they have the talent to take UNC down. They've been fortunate in a lot of 4-3 matches.

I see one team that can beat UNC this year - Texas A&M.

Harry Dunne
I think you're probably right. We'll know a lot more after this match. I'd like to see Duke do well and show that UNC is mortal outdoors.

NC State is a bad matchup for us because it's one of the few teams stronger than us at our strongest point (1 singles). Doubles can go either way, so if we have a bad dubs day against them we are potentially looking at having to win 4 of the 5 remaining singles.

I also never count Stanford out because that odd crew that coaches them always knows how to get them to turn it on in the NCAA tournament.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I think you're probably right. We'll know a lot more after this match. I'd like to see Duke do well and show that UNC is mortal outdoors.

NC State is a bad matchup for us because it's one of the few teams stronger than us at our strongest point (1 singles). Doubles can go either way, so if we have a bad dubs day against them we are potentially looking at having to win 4 of the 5 remaining singles.

I also never count Stanford out because that odd crew that coaches them always knows how to get them to turn it on in the NCAA tournament.

Agree with you on NC State. I'd prefer not to see them at all, but if we do, not until the final four. The big 10 teams (OSU and UM) are who I'd rather face in the quarters.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I mean Diana is a great player, but she's also lost 4 singles matches this year so if anyone on our team can beat her, Mary can. But, yes, to me there are about 8 solid teams this year. Looking at the SEC tournament bracket assuming we win out (knock on wood), would we rather face Florida or Tennessee in the semis? They are currently 3 and 4 in the seedings based on the season so far.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Harry Dunne
Mary can for sure win that match, but my point is that it's one of the few matches where she won't be the favorite.
aggiedrjdub
AG
That's a good point
Anchorhold
LUNCH TIME TENNIS
TAMC vs UK 11:00 a.m.

Kentucky has to get a win this weekend to break their four game losing streak and stay above .500 for the season. Maybe they can do it against LSU for their Senior day on Sunday.

BIG QUESTIONS:

WEATHER:
Chances of scatter thunderstorms midday should clear up just in time for the kentucky men's season finale.

INDOORS:
"The Boone Indoor Center, which opened in January 1986, is equipped with four courts and has seating for 1,500 people." Four courts side-to-side and some bleechers at the end.

HOW WILL THE KIDS ACT?
"Mom" (Carson) is dealing with her surgery, so how will the team play without her? Will the late nights of Lexington be too much for them to handle?

THIRD DOUBLES:
The travel / warmup / hype video from the social media team clearly showed Elise practicing and I think that was Lizanne and Avery getting off the bus. (How many travel with the team?)

WHAT DO WE NEED TO GET?
1. In
2. W
3. Out

aggiedrjdub
AG
BTHOkentucky!
RED AG 98
AG
Anchorhold said:

INDOORS:
"The Boone Indoor Center, which opened in January 1986, is equipped with four courts and has seating for 1,500 people." Four courts side-to-side and some bleechers at the end.
BUILD THE DAMN COURTS ALREADY!

/ok end rant

BTHOuk
Anchorhold
SNAP: We starting outdoors today y'all!

SECN+: Technical Dificulties
Straight video: https://web.track.tennis/index.html#/channel/b16234fd-f54f-43c1-9529-6020b1b0fe62/evt-Ab7M4IP4FJE
Live Stats: https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/index.html?id=439839&_gl=1*k4oe95*_ga*MTU0MzM2ODE4OC4xNjYxMjY0Mzc1*_ga_2ZWVK1X7BJ*MTY4MTQ4Mjg1OC43OC4wLjE2ODE0ODI4NTguMC4wLjA.

DOUBLES:
Salma/Jayci
Mary/Mia
Gianna/Daria
bigfoot10s
AG
Can anyone get the video to work or is it just me
fishoutawater
Video started but went offline after #1s first game.

"The Broadcast You are Watching is Experiencing Technical Difficulties"
Anchorhold

This is working for me for video:
https://web.track.tennis/index.html#/channel/b16234fd-f54f-43c1-9529-6020b1b0fe62/evt-Ab7M4IP4FJE
fishoutawater
Thanks for the link.
Anchorhold
DOUBLES:
Salma/Jayci v 1-5
Mary/Mia ^ 6-0
Gianna/Daria ^ 4-3
Anchorhold
UK gets the doubles point but THE SKY IS NOT FALLING!

Harry Dunne
It looked to me like UK's clearly 2nd best doubles team was at 3 to avoid our 2s and have the easier matchup.
AggieMom77
Looked a little hesitant and flat out there in doubles, its a tough travel, but these girls will get it done in singles!
aggiedrjdub
AG
This is why we cannot keep losing line 3 doubles. Smh. Okay - let's reboot and pray we can win 4 singles matches. Gig'em!
Harry Dunne
We should be fine. Kentucky is not a very good team outdoors.

But we do need to figure out that #3 doubles though before it hurts us against a team that can win 3 singles matches against us.
aggiedrjdub
AG
So far we are in good shape in all singles matches. Come on Ags; pour it on 'em! Gig'em!

Line 3 doubles is definitely the elephant in the room!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Great first set for Salma!

I love Daria but she stresses me the hell out when she plays.
mullokmotx
AG
Have won the first set in 5 singles matches with Daria still playing in Set 1.
mullokag
Anchorhold
Jeanette and Jayci get things done. Mia and Mary vying to be the next point vs the clinching point.

aggiedrjdub
AG
Mary wins 6-1, 6-4...Ags up 3-1
aggiedrjdub
AG
Mia just won 6-2, 6-3. Ags win 4-1. Looks like they will finish out lines 2 and 5.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Salma up 7-6, 5-2
Daria in a world of hurt right now...down 5-7, 1-3. She lost the fist 3 games of the match; then won the next 5, and then lost the final 4 of the first set. Consistency is her issue currently. Hope she can pull it out.
Anchorhold

aggiedrjdub
AG
Salma wins, 7-6, 6-2...Ags up 5-1. Need a miracle on court 5.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Seems that Daria really struggles with opponents that can just get the ball back in play. She puts herself in so many winning positions but struggles to know how to close out the point (especially when she's pulled into the court). Freshman things, I think.

Anyway - good team win after dropping the doubles point. Mark has his work cut out for him once we get in the deeper rounds of the NCAAs. Cannot drop line 3 doubles and line 5 has to win...period.

Good problems to have though when you're the #2 team in the nation. Gig'em!
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Seems that Daria really struggles with opponents that can just get the ball back in play. She puts herself in so many winning positions but struggles to know how to close out the point (especially when she's pulled into the court). Freshman things, I think.

Anyway - good team win after dropping the doubles point. Mark has his work cut out for him once we get in the deeper rounds of the NCAAs. Cannot drop line 3 doubles and line 5 has to win...period.

Good problems to have though when you're the #2 team in the nation. Gig'em!
Daria looked solid the last 2 games. Now on serve. 5-4
Aggie Tennis
AG
We are officially SEC Champions!

Congrats to this amazing group of players and coaches.

Aggie Tennis
AG
How many times have we had a team repeat as SEC champs? Can't be many.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.