Womens Tennis 2023

238,324 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Carson loses at 1. Mary up 5-2
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Chapa96
AG
Mary Wins!! Ags win 5-2
aggiedrjdub
AG
Mary wins at 2. Aggies win 5-2. Gig'em!
Anchorhold

Get used to that Orlando because we're coming back again….. tomorrow. And in May!
Ag4eva95
Today was definitely a fight! Daria struggled big time. Jayci was dominant! As was Salma. Mia and Mary are fighters. Their opponents were tough.

OSU switched the top of their lineup from the last matchup and it was a lot more competitive this time around. Didn't seem like the Ags were as focused today as they were the last time around, which says alot about how good this team is.

Down goes #2 for the second time this year
Anchorhold
North Carolina beat Virginia Tech today 4-3 but lost lines 4, 5, & 6. V-Tech is not currently ranked in the top 75.

BTHOnorthwestern!
(they are #63)
Chapa96
AG
Anchorhold said:

Get used to that Orlando because we're coming back again….. tomorrow. And in May!
This is true! We'll be back and I will be there to watch this time again!
Ag4eva95
Oh wow! Crazy. Looked at the scores. Looks like UNC played their #8 & 9 today. Their coach took a gamble, almost cost them!

Northwestern is no slouch! They are a feisty team. Expect it to be a battle tomorrow!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Daria lost literally every single deuce point and hasn't learned how to win those important points yet. Salma is savvy. She could learn from watching her.

Disappointed for Carson. That girl isn't even in the same league as her IMO. Sometimes you just have those days. Served for the match at 5-3 in the second; had a match point and lost it and couldn't seem to get back her mojo after that point penalty that cost her a game basically.

Kudos to Mia for fighting back. She's a stud. Really beat a solid player.

Mary was solid.

Jayci / solid solid solid day for her. She just crushed that girl.

Salma really controlled her match from start to finish.

Good win in tough conditions. Gig'em!
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Daria lost literally every single deuce point and hasn't learned how to win those important points yet. Salma is savvy. She could learn from watching her.

Disappointed for Carson. That girl isn't even in the same league as her IMO. Sometimes you just have those days. Served for the match at 5-3 in the second; had a match point and lost it and couldn't seem to get back her mojo after that point penalty that cost her a game basically.

Mary was solid.

I don't believe Mia has lost a match this year. She is having a season like Mary last year and is a future #1 on this team.
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Mary was solid.

I'm a big Carson fan but I'm still not sure that having Mary play #2 is the right move. Mary beat the girl Carson lost to 6-1, 6-0 in the first match against OSU and has only lost once this year - a close match against UNC.
Ag4eva95
Carson also beat the girl that went 3 with Mary, in straight sets easily. I think they are fairly interchangeable. Carson has been dominant all spring. While Mary had a great fall and is in great position for all American honors, I think Carson has more than proved she belongs where she is
SNB_813
AG
I think the big thing for Carson is her mental game. I think she has the most potential of all players on the team, it just seems she gets into her own head too often
aggiedrjdub
AG
I believe this too. The way Carson hits the ball is unmatched. If she can reign in her emotions, she has the ability to beat absolutely anyone. I think she just couldn't overcome the fact that she knew she should have closed it out in 2. Mary has so much potential, too, but their games styles are so different. Salma could also play 1 if we're being honest here. I watched her match today and she is impressive!

Tennis is a mental sport above all. Carson is so smart and I wonder if she overthinks the game too much? Idk. She's wonderful and will figure it out, but that point penalty when down 5-6 in the second ultimately cost her the set which is unfortunate. I'm reminded of an interview with Chris Evert and she said she used to play with so much emotion and would be vocal and brash and throw her racquets, etc. Her dad told her that she's giving her opponents an advantage when they know they've gotten to you. She completely changed and became one of the best players ever. Federer said the same thing. She can and will do it.

I really hope line 3 dubs can get a win tomorrow. Going 0-3 for the weekend at line 3 would really suck for the team.
SNB_813
AG
Good info there about those pros, and also good point about how deep the team is. Weaver has really done a fantastic recruiting job
aggiedrjdub
AG
Let's BTHOnorthwestern today!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
If anyone could post the links again today, that was super helpful!
Anchorhold
I think we are the only match there today so these are the anticipated court links:

https://web.playsight.com/live/usta-national-campus-collegiate-center/101
https://web.playsight.com/live/usta-national-campus-collegiate-center/102
https://web.playsight.com/live/usta-national-campus-collegiate-center/103
https://web.playsight.com/live/usta-national-campus-collegiate-center/104
https://web.playsight.com/live/usta-national-campus-collegiate-center/105
https://web.playsight.com/live/usta-national-campus-collegiate-center/106
aggiedrjdub
AG
Thank you Anchor!
Anchorhold
The bad thing is I don't think these courts have the tiny scoreboard in the back.

Also, every florida team on our schedule lost over the weekend (FIU, Miami, & Florida) or didn't play(FAU). Granted, one of those was to us, but come on!
Anchorhold
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

The bad thing is I don't think these courts have the tiny scoreboard in the back.

Also, every florida team on our schedule lost over the weekend (FIU, Miami, & Florida) or didn't play(FAU). Granted, one of those was to us, but come on!
OSU beating NCSU would have been good for our ranking. Lost a tough 4-3 match. I see NCSU as a top 5 team with Shnaider in the lineup.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Agree with this. Let's keep getting better. Focus and dominate today, and then get home safely!
Aggie Tennis
AG
Speaking of NCSU and Shnaider. Here is a good article covering her decision to play in college.

Diana Shnaider Is Mixing College Tennis With the Pro Tour, for Now
Anchorhold
OSU's Ratliff did go toe-to-toe with Shnaider that day and then lost to Mary yesterday. If the Florida legislature can get their crap together next month then I'll put money on Carson or Mary to beat Shnaider when the day comes. I'm not trying to say she is overrated at all, but I am confident in our ladies.

aggiedrjdub
AG
Line 1 up 3-2
Line 2 up 5-0
Line 3 up 3-2
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Line 1 up 3-2
Line 2 up 5-0
Line 3 up 3-2
Thanks!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Ags win line 2 6-2
Line 1 up 5-4
Line 2 up 5-3
aggiedrjdub
AG
Aggies take the doubles point

Line 1 5-4
Line 2 6-1
Line 3 6-3

Gig'em!
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Aggies take the doubles point

Line 1 5-4
Line 2 6-1
Line 3 6-3

Gig'em!
I like it
aggiedrjdub
AG
Mary and Carson were playing a team that lobbed a lot. Struggled a bit with that but I think they would have pulled it out.
aggiedrjdub
AG

Carson not in the singles lineup today.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

OSU's Ratliff did go toe-to-toe with Shnaider that day and then lost to Mary yesterday. If the Florida legislature can get their crap together next month then I'll put money on Carson or Mary to beat Shnaider when the day comes. I'm not trying to say she is overrated at all, but I am confident in our ladies.

I'd love to see it but it is also the beauty of every singles line counting the same. We can be just as excited to win with our depth and I do think we are the better team overall.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.