Womens Tennis 2023

238,896 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doubles.....Lines 1 and 2 are winning handedly. Not so much for line 3.
Anchorhold
Glad that won't count as a loss for Gi / Daria statistically. Woof.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

We have to play better here for SEC and NCAA tournaments.
Chapa96
AG
Anchorhold said:

They had match point too....
Chapa96
AG
Why arent we playing on courts 3 & 5? Wet?
Anchorhold
Must be wet. That or they're just hazing the fish on senior weekend.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Dominating singles.

Chapa96
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

Dominating singles.

Yeah....I didnt expect nothing less than a 4-0 win...............
Anchorhold
Is there a judge giving one of our bench players or fans lip warning about talking trash in french on court 4? What the hell is that about? I haven't heard anything in french or like that.
taylorswift13
AG
Woah
aggiedrjdub
AG
Line 3 dubs is a problem right now. Very frustrating to watch.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Anchorhold
Chapa96
AG
Ags win 4-0
Anchorhold

Congrats team!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Are they going to finish the matches?
Anchorhold
Nope.
aggiedrjdub
AG
That's a bummer. Seems like we normally finish out unless they needed to get back.
taylorswift13
AG
Well that was easy
Anchorhold
They do play in red stick tomorrow at noon and we don't need to take any chances on injuries.
YaBoyBP
Anchorhold said:

Is there a judge giving one of our bench players or fans lip warning about talking trash in french on court 4? What the hell is that about? I haven't heard anything in french or like that.
Yeah, I don't know what's been going on with that official. She was scolding Gianna, who said she wasn't doing anything. She was also threatening to assess a point penalty on A&M for Gianna's "unsportsmanlike conduct" at the Georgia match.

That same day, she chastised me for standing on the court to shoot some video for Mary's match (my camera has a right shoulder mount, so I have to barely straddle the line in the tunnel otherwise it's pointless). I'm farther off the court than a ball boy would be - I tried explaining that to her and the fact that it's never been an issue before but she was having none of it. She's been one on.
aggiedrjdub
AG
50 outdoor match wins in a row. Insane. I hate saying it out loud bc I feel like it's a jinx, but so proud of the team and this program.
RodgerDodger
50 in a row and counting. That's truly incredible!
bigtimeag1977
There was a big chunk of concrete that tore out of court 3 is why two matches were played on the other side of the stadium. That doesn't happen every day.
Chapa96
AG
bigtimeag1977 said:

There was a big chunk of concrete that tore out of court 3 is why two matches were played on the other side of the stadium. That doesn't happen every day.
Great.....our stadium is falling apart.
aggiedrjdub
AG
How did that happen?
bigtimeag1977
Good question. Don't know how that is possible.
Anchorhold
taylorswift13
AG
Carson I thought your Senior Day was going to be next year
aggiedrjdub
AG
Jayci is having a second senior day, isn't she?
Anchorhold
Realistically we have to face the fact that she is class of '23 and been listed as a senior all year. She's got professional aspirations and college can only do so much. Diana Shnaider won two pro matches this week but lost today in straight sets. We can't be certain what the future holds except that she deserves to be honored on senior day tomorrow.

On the other hand, y'all, I'm worried. After Carson comes back next year and the next year then there's only one more year of eligibility left!
DevinHester_GoBears1
Signem said:

Not so fast my Aggie tennis guru friend. Carson isn't going anywhere. She's staying right here and will work through whatever she has to work through. This is coming from a VERY reliable source. She's found her home. She's walking away with multiple SEC championship rings, and her Aggie ring.

Weird
Signem
News to me for Carson to take her jersey this year. I read her post with the same amount of amazement as everybody else I'd expect. I'm hoping it's a tease but everyday is different. Jayci did not have a senior day last year. It was Isa De Laura, Tatiana, Renee McBryde, and Katya Townsend. Isa and Riley McQuaid showed up for the Georgia match and it felt like old home week.

If Carson in fact does call it a day after this year, next year we will have only one senior Elise Robbins and she will represent the last Covid season senior.
Ag4eva95
Seems like because she hasn't made her decision, might as well be celebrated! Can't hurt to be celebrated twice if she comes back again. She's earned it. I would love to have her back, but the future does seem very bright…. Especially once the two recruits for 2023 are announced!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Who are the two recruits?
Ag4eva95
Mine is speculation, two others confirmed a girl from Peru and a girl from Russia, instant impact contributors next year pending Carson's return

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.