Womens Tennis 2023

239,986 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One thing I can agree with, on this team playing line 1, line 2, line 3, line 4, line 5, or playing line 6 is an honor. I think Carson would play anywhere coach Weaver puts her. Carson also has some big wins. She beat the #1 player in the nation last season. I'm certain coach Weaver knows what he's doing, so I will never question where he puts anyone in the lineup. Sure as heck would love to have Carson back in the doubles lineup at the very least, but can you imagine the carnage she would instill on her opponents if she played line 5 or 6? lol
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
aggietennisfan
Hey Harry! I was looking back at your post and you said the team has zero chance of winning a national title without Carson. That is so insulting to the rest of the team and you are giving me a hard time about saying Carson is somewhat a stack.
Harry Dunne
aggietennisfan said:

Hey Harry! I was looking back at your post and you said the team has zero chance of winning a national title without Carson. That is so insulting to the rest of the team and you are giving me a hard time about saying Carson is somewhat a stack.
Yes… But I said that's also true of every title hopeful and their top few players. The same could be said of Mary and Salma and Jayci. The same could have been said for CSQ, Tina Stancu or Nazari.

Good try taking my words out of context but you still don't get a pass for publically criticizing a player going through a tough time and you're still not right with your ridiculous contention that an all-American ranked #8 in May should have been playing 3 or 4.

Just drop it man.
aggietennisfan
There was no criticism whatsoever. Your words were far more damaging than anything that I said. At least I had some facts. Your's are simply your opinion. And you said what you said. I believe you are the enemy.
Harry Dunne
aggietennisfan said:

There was no criticism whatsoever. Your words were far more damaging than anything that I said. At least I had some facts. Your's are simply your opinion. And you said what you said. I believe you are the enemy.
I'll tell you why I posted what I did. My hope was that she still reads the thread and that if she is going through a crisis of confidence or something like that, she would be encouraged by the idea that the team can't do it without her (yes, that's definitely my opinion and not a fact). That it might motivate her to give it her best even if she's not at her best.

That's why I asked you why you posted what you did. What was your motivation?
aggietennisfan
No motivation by me other than trying to be optimistic and hold true the fact that we still have an incredible team as they proved on Sunday against a very good Miami team without Carson that won 5 out of 6 singles matches and almost won all 6 singles matches if Salma could have pulled her match off. If Carson plays doubles, then perhaps we win the doubles point. Just stating my opinion and I'm not willing to throw in the towel just yet as you have. Time to move on and let's just enjoy the incredible success of this team.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Hey - at least we have a program and team on campus worth fighting about. Lol. IMO, we are definitely stronger and deeper with Carson in singles and doubles, but how lucky are we that we have a coach that has so many options and so much talent?!?! Gig'em!
bigfoot10s
AG
Bottom line is, we have a hell of a team. We all hope Carson is back soon, but I know I also have all confidence in our entire lineup and coaches.

Also, I believe Mark is going to be on Texags tomorrow morning at 10:20am and also a part of the Aggie Athletics press conference at 1:15. Maybe he will say something then. Worth a listen!
bigtimeag1977
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!
RED AG 98
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Bottom line is, we have a hell of a team. We all hope Carson is back soon, but I know I also have all confidence in our entire lineup and coaches.

Also, I believe Mark is going to be on Texags tomorrow morning at 10:20am and also a part of the Aggie Athletics press conference at 1:15. Maybe he will say something then. Worth a listen!
Thanks for volunteering to post your notes here!

Kidding, of course, but please someone who listens do post quick notes if you can.
taylorswift13
AG
Just wanted to remind everyone we are 17-1, have 6 ranked wins, and we're a couple of bounces away from being crowned indoor national champions when we don't even have an indoor court on campus. Mark Weaver is one of, if not, the best coach in the nation, we have great assistants, and we have a talented group of ladies 1-6, 1-12, this team will be loaded and has a mission to accomplish. Carson was and will always be great and losing her sucks, there's no other answer to that. However we have some strong amazing ladies ready to play, we have weapons to use all over the lineup, and once we get the doubles to gel we will still be the nationally loaded team no one wants to line up against! All opinions are always welcomed here, but what's important is we support all our girls, not just 1-6, but everyone on the roster regardless of talent or health! Let's continue our tear through the SEC! I still believe!
RodgerDodger
Never been a Taylor Swift fan, but well said.
Gap
AG
What exactly is going on here? So, many posts.

I'm pulling for heck like Carson. She is out there supporting her and our team and I am praying she can come back and finish off her senior season strong.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yes - hoping everyone can tune in and maybe he will provide some answers.
Signem
Aggietennisfan, I've been out of pocket the last few days and knew I had some reading to catch up on. But MY GOD man (I'm guessing the gender) I don't think anybody is calling you the enemy, just the nincompoop that can't get out of his/her own way. You are just taking WAY too much for granted. Carson was unable to play at Virginia and USC due to medical reasons, i.e. X-rays tell a lot. Just because we can't see a walking boot cast on her foot, or a bandage somewhere on her body doesn't mean she isn't hurting like H*LL inside. That gal is tough as nails, but even nails can get bent. PLEASE everyone, just let time take its course and Mark will make an announcement when the time is right.

In the meantime Aggietennisfan, please take your published "facts" and shove them up something, like your nose. You can have your opinion, many times they appear insightful and you articulate very well. Almost everyone on here knows the "facts" about this team. But use your common sense, if Carson is not suiting up or not playing I can absolutely assure you that its something that has to be addressed OFF the court and unfortunately it will most likely take awhile to get fixed. But it is NOT a mental thing I CAN assure you. Mark plays the girls in the position that best helps the team, would he love to have Carson in the lineup, ABSOLUTELY, and so would the girls. But Harry Dunne is right, the comments you made about being "stack" and quoting past records is taking a cheap shot. Schlossnagle I think did it best by putting the 12th Man in its place. We are here to SUPPORT our athletes not tear them down, and what you are doing is tearing down a sensitive woman's feelings and desires to want to contribute any way she can. (See I'm offering my "opinion" but it can be both positive and negative at the same time, yours are not seen that way by many of us on here).

I am certain that now you can turn your angst against me, and that's fine. Just leave Carson alone, please. What you are saying on here is not gentlemanly or ladylike. Very unAggielike and the wrath being directed toward you by a number of others on here ought to say something to you.
aggietennisfan
Thank you so much. I see everything so clearly now thanks to how articulate you are. Everything that I said was my opinion and fact based. Nothing more. I don't feel that she should necessarily being playing one or two and that's my opinion. That is why I called it somewhat of a stack. How is that any more than it is? How is that causing any trouble?
Signem
How is that any more than it is? How is that causing any trouble?

The short answer to your questions is, you don't have ALL the facts. WHY did she withdraw? WHY is she not playing? WHY did she lose most of the matches she did last year? When you KNOW the answer to those questions you'll see (I hope) why your comments are so hurtful, that's the trouble from where I see it. Please let me suffice it to say that very few (if any) of our girls are playing completely pain free. For some, the pain is bearable and they can play through it. For others, they are not so lucky. That's where we are with Carson. I am aware of things that you may not be based upon your comments. But because I'm not on the staff it is not my place to say what I DO know.

Harry has asked now I am doing the same thing, please let's drop this and move on. When the full story comes out the 12th Man is going to have to REALLY step it up a notch to get behind these girls and Carson specifically.

Changing the subject, on a programming note, the Tennessee coach Alison Ojeda as many of you know served under Bobby Kleinecke before moving to Tennessee. Some of our greatest players played under her tutelage, and several of them are planning on coming to that match to catch up on old times. So if the match itself wasn't reason enough to show up, if you want a blast from the past I'm sure the Former Athletes will be milling through the crowd to chat. FYI one of them is the winningest (won the most matches of all time) women's tennis player of all time at A&M, and she's still winning tournaments. Aggietennisfan, see if you can tell me who that is.
aggietennisfan
I have never once brought up anything about her injuries or health or whatever is going on with her. My opinions are based on tennis and they are nothing more than my opinions which I am entitled to and don't need to be jumped on because you simply don't agree with me. I'm sure every girl on the team struggles with injuries and personal stuff. It's how you deal with them that matters.

Nazari Urbina
Anchorhold
So what did coach say?
bigfoot10s
AG
Carson out for the year. Surgery in a few weeks.
RED AG 98
AG
Get well soon Carson. Hope you recover quickly and fully.
aggiesherpa
AG
"Carson Branstine suffered a hip injury and is out for the rest of the season. It's something that we have been trying to manage, working with her on a day-to-day basis. She's scheduled to have surgery in a few weeks. We are trying to keep her out of the practices and the matches. Hopefully, we will see her next year. She has high pro aspirations, and the door is open for her to stay here when she recovers."

https://texags.com/s/50771/winners-of-nine-straight-mark-weavers-no-2-aggies-are-all-smiles
taylorswift13
AG
Best wishes on a speedy recovery Carson, we love you and you'll always have a home here in Aggieland!
Anchorhold
Quote:

We leave tomorrow morning, and we play a good team in Alabama tomorrow.
did they get that quote right and am I correct thinking today is Tuesday?
bigfoot10s
AG
They are leaving tomorrow, travel day Wednesday, then practices Thursday, match Friday.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiesherpa said:

"Carson Branstine suffered a hip injury and is out for the rest of the season. It's something that we have been trying to manage, working with her on a day-to-day basis. She's scheduled to have surgery in a few weeks. We are trying to keep her out of the practices and the matches. Hopefully, we will see her next year. She has high pro aspirations, and the door is open for her to stay here when she recovers."

https://texags.com/s/50771/winners-of-nine-straight-mark-weavers-no-2-aggies-are-all-smiles

We knew it was coming but it is still hard to read.

Get well Carson, and for the rest of the team, let's go win the whole thing.
bigfoot10s
AG
I am not sure that aggietennisfan is actually Nazari or was answering another post with the name Nazari. Would love to confirm if the poster is actually her

Edit: aggietennis fan was answering the post above theirs.
Aggie Tennis
AG
bigfoot10s said:

I am not sure that aggietennisfan is actually Nazari or was answering another post with the name Nazari. Would love to confirm if the poster is actually her

Edit: aggietennis fan was answering the post above theirs.

Thanks for catching that. I'll edit my post to avoid confusion. And I take back my kudos
aggietennisfan
I can assure you that I am not Nazari Urbina. I was guessing at the question that was asked as to who had the most wins. It is either Nazari Urbina or Nicky Meachem would be my two guesses. My opinions were never meant to be hurtful and I still don't see how they were possibly taken that way. I am trying to be optimistic about a great team and still hoping for this team to do great things. What I said is far less than what others have said like not having a chance at winning a national title. Every team is bigger than one person and I definitely do not feel that Carson was our best player. She is a great player, but every girl that coach puts out there is a great player. Again, that is just my opinion.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Well ****. Really praying Carson has a successful surgery, and I cannot wait to have her back next year if it works out. I'm back on the Natty train. Let's roll with this amazing team. Go get it! Gig'em!
aggiesherpa
AG
My guess is Anna Lubinsky.
taylorswift13
AG
nm
Harry Dunne
All good and the truth is I agree with most of your points. The thing I (and others) took offense to is that it wasn't necessary to devalue a great player and Aggie like Carson in order to make your points. Most of all considering the difficult situation she is in. And I hear you that you don't think you did that and I think it is best to agree to disagree on that point and move on.

I regret saying that we have "zero chance" to win a title. I explained why I did that and of course that is wrong and anything is possible. No reason to reset any goals whatsoever. This team still has the stuff to go all the way if they stick together.

Prayers for Carson and her surgery and recovery. Gig 'em.
Harry Dunne
Excellent post.

Alison is phenomenal and always gets the most out of her players just like she did out of herself.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.