Womens Tennis 2023

234,306 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think this Russian transfer is a myth
taylorswift13
AG
Lmao me too but I keep thinking the more I post or discuss it, it'll come true lol, let me dream!
Ag4eva95
I fully support you and your dreams for an A&M natty! Haha
taylorswift13
AG
If we don't get one this year, I will bring it up for the next 60 years and it'll go down in Aggie Tennis message board folklore history
bigtimeag1977
Just got through watching Mark warmup Carson before her match. Was fun to watch! The legend still hits the ball amazingly well and was fun to see both of them having so much fun out there.
Anchorhold
Is this available to stream? I can't find it but I can watch the maintenance being done on our courts on campus.
Anchorhold
Carson goes down 6-4, 6-2 to Ashley Lahey (Singles Ranking WTA 465 & ITF 25)
Quail
taylorswift13 said:

Mary
Carson
Jayci
Russian Transfer
Mia
Jeanette

Who's beating that 1-6
I bet just like last year, he keeps Mary at #2 and Carson #1. Felt last years #2 was really #1!
Agree with this being a line up that can beat anyone! With that Russian transfer if she doesn't have to transfer to UK, That is Ukraine of course.
If not, will be just a tad weaker and will need Jayci to step up a little to play # singles.
bigfoot10s
AG
bigtimeag1977 said:

Just got through watching Mark warmup Carson before her match. Was fun to watch! The legend still hits the ball amazingly well and was fun to see both of them having so much fun out there.

He has one of the best backhands ever at A&M!!
Rodney Dean
AG
Press release is finally out but with no schedule. Not great for helping people attend.
Ag4eva95
I don't understand why fall coverage and news updates are few and far between? I love getting updates on the tennis program
birdman
A&M is winning all five singles matches against Tech. Losing singles match to Utah. Scoreboard operator is making it difficult to follow.

Terribly windy. Ball is moving around on every shot.
Signem
Simply put, and it boils my blood to say this, but as a second tier sport, tennis just won't carry the coverage year round for these guys and gals. Pound for pound they work just as hard and have every bit as much riding on their shoulders as every "money" sport. I guess in the end, it all comes down to dollars and cents providing the coverage. Nick did as good a job as any I've seen over the last 15-20 years in producing entertaining and mentally visual pictures of what's happening on the court - IN THE SPRING, but in the fall - diddly!! I haven't met Sam yet, I hope he will put in the same kind of effort that Nick did.
Ag4eva95
I didn't realize there was any staff turnover! But I completely agree with you, just wish there were at least relevant updates for us. They are a very good team and deserve some decent coverage!
taylorswift13
AG
Aggie women go undefeated in singles play today going 8-0!

https://12thman.com/news/2022/10/23/womens-tennis-texas-am-shutout-opponents-on-the-final-day-of-the-texas-am-fall-invitational.aspx
Anchorhold
Did Katya make the trip back home with her new yutes friends?
Ag4eva95
Thank god womens tennis can still get us excited for something. Great week for the team. I watched Daria play a few matches, she reminds me of Tati in every way. Give her a year or two, going to be a stud. Big serve, big back hand. She's good
taylorswift13
AG
Awesome to hear! Glad the programs future is in good hands! Can't wait for Mia to join the girls as well!
Ag4eva95
I didn't see her name on the results list. On the Arkansas site, they had complete results for all teams. I wonder if she's recovering from any surgeries
aggiesherpa
AG
I remember that the videographers and SIDs would split times between teams and since the fall isn't our "main season", those resources would be with other fall sports like volleyball etc.
aggiesherpa
AG
Where any of CS locals able to make it out to the HS state championships held on campus?
bigfoot10s
AG
aggiesherpa said:

Where any of CS locals able to make it out to the HS state championships held on campus?

I saw a few points
aggiesherpa
AG
Nice! I was sad to see Boerne lose. Any idea how 5 and 6a went?
bigfoot10s
AG
Yeah it was a rough day for my kids. They played their hearts out and gave Randall hell. Couldn't be more proud!!

Amarillo 10, Frisco Centennial 7
Amarillo's first ever title

Westwood 10, Houston Memorial 0
WW wins their 3rd in 5 years
taylorswift13
AG
Congrats on your season!
bigfoot10s
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Congrats on your season!

Thank you!!

Side note: do we know each other IRL?
taylorswift13
AG
No problem, just being a good Ag and sending congratulations! And lol I don't think so, I'm just a random 23 year old law student who's an Aggie tennis fan lol! Aggie Class of '21! I'm also almost on every board for every sport!
Aggie Tennis
AG
Mary's UTR is up to 11.11. Elite for college women.

I think we could see Mary 1, Carson 2, Mia 3, Jayci 4 and Jeanette/Daria/Gianna battling for 5 and 6.
Ag4eva95
Completely agree with this assessment given the fall results. Mia is very elite. Once she gets used to college, she's going to be a bad a
Quail
Mary is playing in the ITA fall championships in San Diego. Not all the top players are there but there are plenty and she should be able to make a good run. 32 singles players were invited.
Ag4eva95
If she wins, I think she gets a chance for redemption against Fiona Crowley. Would be amazing to see her get pay back
taylorswift13
AG
Mary wins her first round match 6-3, 6-1
aggiedrjdub
AG
Should would play Fiona in the quarterfinal. One more round to go before that.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
aggiesherpa
AG
Mary wins again 6-2, 6-4 against OUs Julia Garcia Ruiz!
Chapa96
AG
aggiesherpa said:

Mary wins again 6-2, 6-4 against OUs Julia Garcia Ruiz!

What time Mary playing today?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.