Womens Tennis 2023

242,430 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Chapa96
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting our revenge against OU I see
aggiedrjdub
AG
I see Mary is playing doubles with Giana. Is this something we should anticipate carrying forward in the spring?
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
taylorswift13
AG
I honestly have no clue! Cause we also have to factor in Mia Kupres and another mid year transfer that people have been alluding to! Either way I think we'll have 3 great pairs!! I personally would like to see the continued progress Carson and Mary were making at the end of the season! They could be our 1 and have Jayci maybe show Mia the ropes, however I'm not sure how good the other transfer is! Or possibly have Mia and Daria play together and grow through the learning pains so they can be one of the nations top duos for years to come!!
Ag4eva95
I don't think so, Mia was playing a pro tournament in Canada I believe, so she hasn't been avalaible. But they are winning and winning against good teams, who knows.

Also, Mary won again! I think she's made it to the main draw now
Ag4eva95
Jayci just picked up a straight set win from a stud from UCLA, I believe she is now in the main draw
Ag4eva95
What transfer are you referring to?
aggiedrjdub
AG
It looks like Jayci and Mary play each other next. Well that sucks lol
Ag4eva95
Are you sure they are playing? I think they just advance to the main draw, multiple people make it
aggiedrjdub
AG
No. I'm not sure, but the bracket they are in shows them advancing to face each other. Maybe they will re-seed the field?
Ag4eva95
I think it's an automated system, go look at the pre qualifying and you can see how it looks in the quarterfinals.

I could be completely wrong
taylorswift13
AG
RodgerDodger said:

Spoke to Mark today and he told me that they got a commitment out of a Russian girl coming in January with an 11plus UTR and has already won a 15k pro event.
this one cbmik95
Ag4eva95
They are both in the main draw! Look at the Aggie Womens Tennis twitter,
Ag4eva95
Oh, gotcha. I'm still curious about this one. I think she would be a freshmen, not a transfer. There was a potential transfer from USC, but sounds like she couldn't get into the school of choice and went pro.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Did Mary and Giana lose?
Ag4eva95
Yes
aggiedrjdub
AG
Does anyone have the lineup for today? I can't get the brackets to pull up. Thx!
Ag4eva95
Mary plays Julia Fliegnar from Michigan at 1030amCST

Carson plays Abigail Forbres from UNC(previous all American at UCLA) at 9am

Jayci plays Cameron Morra(formally UNC and also a reigning all American) at 11am

Jayci and Carson play doubles against a team from Oklite at 130
aggiedrjdub
AG
Thank you! No easy matched from this point forward l, that's for sure.
Ag4eva95
You're welcome, this is a super tough main draw! Any win is a good win, I think Mary has the best shot today. She's playing at an All American level
Chapa96
AG
cbmik95 said:

Mary plays Julia Fliegnar from Michigan at 1030amCST

Carson plays Abigail Forbres from UNC(previous all American at UCLA) at 9am

Jayci plays Cameron Morra(formally UNC and also a reigning all American) at 11am

Jayci and Carson play doubles against a team from Oklite at 130

Cameron is now at Duke. Double handed on both sides. Seen her play a few times at the NCAAs. She is good.
Ag4eva95
The girl Carson is playing is a b&!?c… was yelling at her for serving too quickly, which wasn't the case
Ag4eva95
Looks like her tactic worked, Carson got rattled bad and lost 6-4 6-2
Ag4eva95
Jayci just beat #4 Cam Morra from Duke! Straight sets, HUGE win here!

Mary also won in straight sets
taylorswift13
aggiedrjdub
AG
Wondering if Carson should be playing 2 or 3 next year? Jayci and Mary seem to be really lighting it up.
Ag4eva95
Not sure, still think Carson is a true #1, but I can see Jayci at #3, Mia #4, Jeanette #5, Gianna/Daria #6
Ag4eva95
Carson and Jayci won doubles 6-7, 6-2, 1-0(10-1)

Completely dominated the second half of this match, great day for aggie tennis
aggiedrjdub
AG
I think it seems like it could be a really strong top 4. I love Carson's game when she's on, but she doesn't seem to battle through stress well. Jayci can blow people off the court and Mary is just super solid.
Anchorhold
Three singles matches all set to start at 9:00 AM Central. I am still assuming the website is listing EST as I haven't been able to watch any yet, but I have tried to clear my schedule for tomorrow morning.

Mary plays ohio state's Irina Campos Siemers who starts the year highly ranked (is that a #7 seed?) and qualified for ITA Singles championships the last two years (she lost her first match last year to Tatiana at Illinois in June. Make it happen twice!).

Jayci takes on Alexa Noel from Miami (from Iowa), former Big 10 player of the year and reached as high as #3 ITA Ranking last year but finished at #29.

Carson faces Cal's Jessica Alsola in the consolation bracket. Back in February they started but did not finish against eachother in doubles (Carson / Mary V Alsola / Wiersholm). Mary beat her in singles in straight sets 6-3, 6-3.

https://colleges.wearecollegetennis.com/competitions/ITA/Tournaments/draws/452FCE88-7E67-44BF-98F5-7193A1672967/097C22A8-65B7-4726-BEE5-34392E87E7E2
taylorswift13
AG
thanks for all the info guys!
Ag4eva95
I got to watch Jayci and she seems to be extremely solid in all aspects of her singles game, she finally has that consistency. I've watched a few of her matches and she is much improved from last year. You don't just casually beat Cam Morra, another grad student. Jayci has already matched her ranked win total from last year…..
aggiedrjdub
AG
I may be wrong, but isn't that the same team that took out Jayci and Tati in the ncaas?
Ag4eva95
Same school, different duo. But right idea!
Anchorhold
Jayci's match:
https://web.playsight.com/live/town-of-cary/105
Mary:
https://web.playsight.com/live/town-of-cary/104
(just make up a fake account and it's free)
Ag4eva95
Mary gets a huge win over Ohio state, Jayci lost in straight sets.

I'm telling you, Mary is going to be an all American this year

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.