*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,851 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was playing gambit prime, the other team had their primeval down to less than a quarter health and we were about the same when I invaded and wiped their whole team with one 1k voices shot, and our team finished our primeval. Not long after I got this and knew someone wasn't happy

Bulldog73
AG
I'm confused, doesn't it take skill to get 1K? If he has any skill, he could've gotten it too.
Pac1698
AG
Skill and a whole lotta luck!!

I actually got a similar message during the destiny 1 time period. The guy actually called me a noob for using thorn. If he only new the grind it took to get that gun...
Beezy2389
AG
Am I the only one who blocks messages from non-friends?
swc93
AG
Good lord; some serious hurt feelings over absolutely nothing.
Prime0882
AG
Speaking of hurt feelings, you hurt mine today saying Jamie Lee Curtis was a ****** in another thread and made me very confused about myself.

If I see you in Destiny, I'm going straight no-skill and shooting your **** off with my 1k Voices.
Beezy2389
AG
Be sure to stop by Xur (In the Rig on Titan) to pick up the Invitations of the Nine Bounty. Gonna have to go around and farm a few Lost Sectors to get drops but the trip to see the Emissary is pretty neat.

He's also selling Orpheus Rigs, Wormgod Caress, and Chromatic Fire. And if you didn't know Xur's exotics are updated to have multiple selectable perks. I upgraded both my Orpheus Rigs and Wormgod Caress because they have hand cannon perks and a machine gun perk.
titanmaster_race
That cutscene from the invitation of the nine is DOPE.
redbaron788
AG
I know lots of y'all are on division now, but I could use a hand with shattered throne sometime this weekend
Beezy2389
AG
I still have 2 other characters to run it on
Saxsoon
AG
titanmaster_race said:

That cutscene from the invitation of the nine is DOPE.

That was sick
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Beezy2389
AG
It'd be awesome to get a new cutscene each visit. I've also heard that the allegiance quest gets a little add on each week but can't confirm either.
Beezy2389
AG
Let me know when you're getting on and I'll join for some Shattered Throne
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I'll be getting on a little later and will be down for whatever
redbaron788
AG
Sorry, forgot to recheck the thread. I should be on most of the day today, send me a psn message whenever you're on
Beezy2389
AG
Will do, I got online last night but switched TV inputs so I could play some CSGO. I'll be on tonight for sure.
Luke Smith
*Pokes Destiny to see if it's still alive*
Beezy2389
AG
It's Luke Smith!!!

Beezy2389
AG
Also someone on the Destiny Reddit was doing God's work here.

Letters from a Renegade

Man With No Name

Destiny 1 Year 1 Grimoire

Destiny 1 Year 2 Grimoire

Books of Sorrow

Destiny 1 Year 3 Grimoire

The Black Armory Papers

A Drifter's Gambit

Dawning Delights

The Dreaming City

Dust

Eva's Journey

For Every Rose A Thorn

Ghost Stories

Lawless Frontier

Marasenna

Most Loyal

Stolen Intelligence

The Forsaken Prince

The Man They Call Cayde

All of Them (PDF)

All of Them (EPUB)
Beezy2389
AG
The Destiny Grimoire Anthology Book 1 is back in stock if anyone was looking to order it.

Destiny Grimoire Anthology Book 1
Beezy2389
AG
Made the mistake of trying to play competitive solo today...

1st match - All solos vs a 4 stack - Lost
2nd match - All solos vs a 4 stack - Lost
3rd match - All solos vs a team of 2+solos - Lost
4th match - Immediately quit seeing it was going to be all solos vs a 4 stack... and later checked DestinyTracker to see that we won...

FightinTexasAg15
AG
Oof that's rough.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I don't know how it decided we won but... phew

Beezy2389
AG
This week is Iron Banner, double valor, the Corrupted nightfall, plus machine gun frame from Ada
redbaron788
AG
Sorry I missed the invite Friday. I passed out not long after I got home with my PlayStation running.
I'm down for more comp or Bananas this week
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Currently we're clan rank 3, but if we make it to 4 whenever you get your weekly clan 5k xp milestone you get 7 masterwork cores along with it
Beezy2389
AG
TWAB this week talked about the next update on April 9th (i think)

In Destiny 2 Update 2.2.1, Ada-1 will begin offering all weapon frames each week. While players will still be limited in how many different frames they may acquire per week, we are removing the weekly rotation.

Dreaming city and last wish vanity items had their drops rates increased by x2 or x3+.

The updates also arrives with Arc week which we still know nothing about.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
It will be nice to have all the frames available every week to choose from
Beezy2389
AG
So someone just "soloed" Calus playing on 2 PCs at once.

TheBruceWayne
How is everyone?
Beezy2389
AG
I've got a new dog
FightinTexasAg15
AG
What kind??
Beezy2389
AG
Husky. He was actually a lost or dumped dog but it doesn't seem like the owner has made an effort to find him. I've had him about a week and made a bunch of calls around the area to the humane society, vets, etc. and nobody's reported him missing.
Beezy2389
AG
Why do I love this so much. Not Destiny related at all.

Beezy2389
AG
TWAB talked about Arc Week. Essentially they are buffing a bunch or all of the Arc supers, it'll be arc burn and a lot of bounties will have arc based objectives. Also it'll be Mayhem. They are bringing back the Thunderlord quest if you didn't grab it.

4 new Exotic catalysts have been added
  • Prospector (Nightfall, strikes)
  • Rat King (Nightfall, strikes)
  • Hard Light (Nightfall, strikes)
  • SUROS Regime (Crucible)

Quote:

Striker Code of the Juggernaut (Bottom Path)
Notes: This path is all about punching enemies to get better at shooting them and shooting enemies to get better at punching them. We want to further incentivize engaging in this loop and make doing so move visible and flashy. Shooting an enemy should make you feel like you are primed to strike with melee. Punching an enemy and releasing your rage will make you feel like a more focused shot.

Frontal Assault:
  • Now increases all weapon damage for the duration of the buff
    • 25% against combatants
    • 20% against players
  • Duration increased from 10 to 16 seconds
  • Buff timer is now displayed on the HUD

Knockout:
  • Melee damage bonus increased from 25% to 60%
  • Now also triggers once you have dealt 60% damage to a target
    • Any damage done after 60% will refresh the timer
    • Still also triggers off shield pop
  • No longer consumed after 1 melee attack
  • Duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds

Arcstrider Way of the Warrior (Top Path)
Notes: This path thrives on striking with precision and timing and is heavily melee focused. To enhance this loop, we are giving it a bit more nuance with a higher potential payout. We want to allow for more room to execute and engage with both the path to success and the benefits once you do succeed.

Combination Blow
  • Bonus melee damage can now be stacked 3 times (requires a melee ability kill for each stack)
    • Buff increases melee damage by 60% per stack in PvE
    • Buff increases melee damage by 22.7% per stack in PvP
    • For comparison, this ability used to be 1 stack and increased melee damage by 50%
  • Kills with this ability now heal 40 health in addition to starting health regen

Deadly Reach:
  • Increased buff duration from 6 to 8 seconds
  • Buff is no longer consumed by a melee hit

Arcstrider Way of the Wind (Bottom Path)
Notes: This path is about quick movement and thriving under pressure. We want to increase your ability to survive while at low health and enhance your elusiveness so you can be more confident when in danger. This way, you don't just get a bonus when you're injured, you have more control over what state you are in, and you can make more risk/reward choices.

Disorienting Blow:
  • Increased the disorient distance by 50%
  • Increased duration of disorient on players from 1.5 to 2 seconds

Focused Breathing:
  • Increased dodge recharge bonus while sprinting by 100%

Combat Meditation:
  • Increased bonus grenade and melee regeneration while bloodied by 25%

Lightning Reflexes:
  • Increased damage resistance while dodging from 25% to 40% in PvP
  • Increased damage resistance while dodging from 63% to 70% In PvE

Stormcaller Stormtrance Super (Top and Bottom Path)
  • Damage scales up to 150% over 5 seconds of continuous use of the attack
    • Updated FX and audio to support this functionality

Stormcaller Attunement of Conduction (Top Path)
Notes: This path focuses prominently on chain lightning, but we also want to better sell the fantasy of being a god of erratic and dangerous energy. We want you to be delighted and surprised by the chaos you cause. On top of that, we should make the choice of using your abilities something to better strategize around, and reward you for doing so.

Chain Lightning Melee
  • Can now chain up to 5 times, up from 1, and each individual target can be hit twice
  • Chain damage decreased from 50 to 31 damage per chain hit

Arc Web
  • Can now chain to many (many) more targets, and back and forth between targets
    • The amount of chaining varies based on use, and I will leave it to you all to discover!
  • Increase chain range from 10 meters to 12 meters
  • Chaining Arc damage now reduces the cooldown of your grenade
    • Works with Arc Web chains and chains from Chain Lightning Melee
    • Earn 3% energy per instance of chain damage in PvE
    • Earn 10% energy per instance of chain damage in PvP

Stormcaller Attunement of the Elements (Bottom Path)
Notes: Currently this path focuses on creating drone buddies for allies and staying close to them to dish out more Rifts and the buddies therein. Generally, Arc drone is short-lived, and you need to stay close to your Rift to keep it around. Now you will be able to take your pal further and, if you stick with friends, will be able to have it around much more often, making this path more potent as support.

Electrostatic Surge:
  • Increased bonus regeneration rate of Rift by 600% per nearby friendly Guardian
    • This sounds insane, and it's a big boost you will definitely feel, but it was previously very low.
  • Extends Rift duration from 15 to 20 seconds
  • Added a UI notification for when the buff is active

Arc Soul:
  • Extended duration by 50%.

Now let's talk about some non-Arc Changes, as well

Voidwalker Nova Warp Super
Notes: Clearly we swung a bit hard when we hit this previously. This should serve as a nice middle ground to settle into.
  • Reduced initial charged detonation energy cost by 20%
  • Reduced energy cost of holding the charged detonation by 7%
  • Reduced time required to fully charge the charged detonation from 0.9 seconds to 0.7 seconds
  • Reduced Dark Blink cost by 20%
  • Increased base Super duration from 18 seconds to 22 seconds

Dawnblade Everlasting Fire Perk
Notes: Similar to the Striker, we wanted to make sure this perk didn't allow for infinite Supers in certain activities. We've increased the amount you get back upfront but put diminishing returns on it so you can't go forever. This will still be a Super you can extend much longer with skill.
  • Tuned the amount of Super gained from Everlasting Fire
  • Initial return increased from 10% to 13% Super energy
  • Return then decays linearly over the course of 30 kills from 13% to 0.75% returned per kill

You may be asking "What about Spectral blades???"

We know it's out of bounds and are working right now on a few tweaks to bring it back in line. We'll let you know the details once we've finished play testing and tuning to lock in on what the changes will be.

That's all for me this time. As always, we look forward to you getting your hands on these changes and letting us know what you think. Happy electrocuting everyone!

Warlock Bloom Ability
  • Fixing an issue where the Bloom ability would not deal damage
Xr
  • Xr's inventory will now offer random-rolled perks for armor
Infusion
  • Fixing an issue where the Vow could not be infused above 650
  • Fixing an issue where the BrayTech RWP Mk. II could not be infused above 600
Gambit Prime Weapons
  • Most Gambit Prime weapons will now have a chance to drop as match completion rewards from Gambit Prime
  • Increasing drop rates for Gambit Prime weapons from the Reckoning
  • Both Gambit Prime and the Reckoning will have increased drop rates for weapons after each completion without a drop until players are guaranteed a reward
Gambit Prime
  • An invasion kill will heal 8% of the Primeval's health, down from 12%
  • The invasion portal cooldown time during the Primeval phase will be increased to 40 seconds, up from 30 seconds
  • This cooldown triggers after a player has been killed or successfully returns from an invasion
  • Gambit Prime will now count to unlock the Weekly Gambit Clan Engram
Quests and Bounties
  • Power Surge Bounties that have been deleted or expired will now be available on the Drifter
    • Each bounty can still be completed only once per character
  • Yes Sir, I'm a Closer Weekly Gambit Prime bounty will now award 4 points for a win and 2 points for a loss, with a completion value of 20 points
  • All 4 weekly role bounties for Gambit Prime now grant powerful helmet rewards

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.