*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,827 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Beezy2389 said:

Allegiance Quest
-your choice will follow your character throughout the season
-"Allegiance quest is relatively straight-forward, and then what happens after that is...well I don't wanna give too much away."

So is everyone going to pick Vanguard or Drifter to follow first?
Prime0882
AG
redbaron788 said:

Wow all this lore is pretty cool. If only it was given to us in-game via cinematics.

Any chance enough folks are getting on tonight to finish prestige?

Just saw this... We want to try tomorrow or Monday?
Beezy2389
AG
Think I'm gonna go Vanguard for my main Hunter, Drifter for my Warlock, and see how they play out before picking on my Titan

It's tough though. I usually go the hero route in most games but can't decide if I want my Hunter or someone else heading down that path. Sounds like the decision wont affect anything after the season though. We'll see.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Yeah I'm thinking Vanguard with my Titan, and Drifter with my hunter. There's speculation that if you choose the drifter you'll get Thorn and if you choose the Vanguard you'll get Rose
titanmaster_race
I like the choice to go good or bad. But I'm curious how they'll integrate that into the story moving forward. Maybe only one of the choices will be canon, or the two paths will somehow lead to the same path.
kill0509
AG
Did y'all get to finish it yesterday?? Sorry, Boogie was in town so I didn't get to hop online.
Prime0882
AG
We haven't done it yet... I'm still down for doing it tonight or tomorrow night before reset.
redbaron788
AG
Yes, before the reset I would like to finish Prestige
atmdds03
AG
I can get on around 8, maybe a little earlier if you are lacking enough but don't wait on me.
atmdds03
AG
Anyone need help running anything shoot me an invite. I'll be on for a while.
Beezy2389
AG
Todays lore is interesting as well...

Quote:

Dawdling outside the entrance to a Gensym lab, the man tucked a green coin into a pocket of his newly-acquired duster, and then checked to make sure his Obsidian Mind was sealed shut. He fiddled with the clasps of the helmet as a technician carrying a clipboard hurried up to the door. She stepped inside, and he followed on her heels. The doors almost caught him as they slid shut, and the tech noticed, turning around to take stock of him.

"How you livin'?" The man said in a deep, modulated voice as he shouldered past her.

"Creep," the tech muttered, and walked the other way.

The man stopped to check a listing of room schedules on a monitor at the front desk, then continued down the hall into the darkness of Lab 3.

Inside, the Praxic Warlock Aunor stood under a constellation of holographic projections anchored in the air around her.

She saw the man out of the corner of her eye, and nodded her head slightly.

"Warlock," the man said in greeting.

"Warlock," she returned, dragging a looping feed from a far corner into focus in front of her. "I won't be long."

"Take your time," he said, leaning against the far wall. "I've always wanted to see a Praxic at work."

"I assure you it's glamorous," she replied, throwing her arms wide and unfolding the feed into a three-dimensional space.
The lab flashed with light and became the shattered, burning husk of the Prison of Elders.

The man turned to his left and saw a familiar, weathered face staring up at the eight Barons of the Tangled Shore.

Cayde-6 stumbled forward and raised a hand. "Hey, help me out here, little buddy." His Ghost appeared in a blazing burst of Light.

"Freeze playback," Aunor said. Time stopped. "Confirm what I'm seeing."

The Tower's central processing unit spoke with an automated voice. "Ghost 'Sundance' audiovisual feed, third-person perspective; date of recording is roughly six months prior."

"Scan the feed for soft light interposition."

"None found. This Ghost feed is direct from the subject's databanks and has not been tampered with."

"Resume playback."

The high-pitched whine of the Rifleman's weapon was the last sound on the feed. It was the last thing Cayde's Ghost ever heard. The bullet shattered the holographic world around Aunor and the man, and Lab 3 reappeared in its place.

Aunor swept her coat back and clasped her armored hands behind her. "Why did the feed end?"

"Subject 'Sundance' suffered unrecoverable system failure and ceased recording."

"Scorn guns can't kill a Ghost," the man said, taking a step away from the wall, and uncrossing his arms.

Aunor ignored him. "Cause of death?" she continued.

"'Sundance' appears to be the victim of a single, catastrophic wound from a Devourer Bullet, modified to fire from a Scorn launcher. Projectile classified as ontological."

"Define Devourer Bullet."

"Payload matches the ballistics of a Weapon of Sorrow or a comparable Hive implement."

"What do you think, Warlock?" Aunor asked the man without turning around.

"Didn't the Mindbender build himself an Ascendant throne?"

"Yes."

"Crafting bullets sounds easy if you can manage that."

"Sword Logic doesn't work that way. The throne came after," Aunor replied. "It was built on Cayde-6's death. I didn't catch your name."

"Finch," said the man.

"Finch," Aunor echoed dryly.

He gestured at the holographic displays. "What's all this for?"

The various HUDs and data streams reflected off Aunor's polished black helmet. "I'm investigating the possible involvement of the Hero of the War in the death of Cayde-6."

Finch chuckled. "Won't they hang you for that?"

Aunor looked at the ground. "You'd be surprised what this City will let a Lightbearer get away with."

"I hear that. So? Is the big hero actually the villain?"

"You can read the report once the Vanguard publishes it."

Finch nodded. "Fair enough." He turned to leave, then stopped himself. "And what actually happens if the saint turns out to be a sinner?"

Aunor still hadn't turned around. "The Praxic Order doesn't hesitate, doesn't stop. If we can prove you've done demonstrable harm to humanity or the City, doesn't matter how far or how fast you run. We'll catch you. And you'll face Praxic Fire."

"You're a scary sister."

She turned to look directly at him. "You have no idea."

Finch coughed and headed for the door. Behind him, Aunor called out, "Didn't you need lab time?"

"Just remembered I'm busy," he replied over his shoulder and disappeared.
The doors closed and Aunor stood in the half-darkness, a sea of data streams reflecting off her helmet.

"Restart the feed," she said.

So...
  • Obsidian Mind helmet mentioned
  • Cayde's Ghost was killed by a bullet similar to those fired from a "Weapon of Sorrow"
  • The Praxic Order suspects our Guardian had something to do with it.

Sounds like Aunor and the Praxic Fire will be bringing evidence that we are to blame for Cayde's death to the Vanguard. People have theorized that the Vanguard may be split at some point, this could be a catalyst for that.

Outta nowhere the Praxic Fire are quickly looking like the baddies for a future DLC.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Sounds like our guardians are being set up
Prime0882
AG
Anyone up for finishing that Prestige tonight?
titanmaster_race
Sounds like another reason to hate warlocks. My best friend Cayde was murdered by scum, so they come looking to blame me, the Titan.

Suck it you Praxic butts.
Beezy2389
AG

New details on Gambit Prime Armor Perks:
Reaper: Weaken High-Value Targets, Multikills Generate Special Ammo, Gain Increased Mote Lifetime, Powerful Enemy Kills Increase Grenade Recharge

Sentry: Multikills Grants a Buff Against Taken, Bank Gives Health Regeneration, Mark Invaders For Teammates, Buff Allies in the Well of Light

Collector: Drop Motes on Death, Motes Grant Overshield, Gain Ammo on Mote Deposit, Send Giant 20-Mote Blockers

Invader: Gain Ammo While Invading, Improved Invasion Overshield, Damage Bonus on Guardian Kills, Lock and Drain Motes from Enemy Bank

Beezy2389
AG
Quote:

Ikora Rey stepped into Lab 3, followed by Ophiuchus. "If that idiot thinks we don't recognize him"

"It would be easy to empty a shotgun in his back and wait for his Ghost to show up," Aunor interrupted. "It must be close by." She stared hard at an image of Cayde's final moments.

"We've been through this, Aunor," Ikora said, looking purposefully at Aunor instead of the array of displays and screens. "The Vanguard needs him. How many times have you checked this data?"

"Seventeen. In my off-hours. I needed to know if I could trust the Guardian that let Cayde die."

Ikora was silent for a moment, then she said, quietly, "Not 'the' Guardian. Guardians plural. Zavala and I are just as"

"Culpable, yes. You didn't let me finish. We lost Cayde on a random Tuesday. And you all just took that Guardian's word for it? One who's had less than a decade of service?" Aunor turned, bathed in the layered light of the holograms. Arc energy hummed in the air around her. The holograms flickered and distorted. "You didn't think to ask whether it was a lie? You didn't think it was important to pore over this footage, to double-check every possible angle"

"We did!" Ikora snapped. Ophiuchus nudged her; she steadied herself. "We have. And we've allowed you to look. We gave you Sundance's shell. You've had full access to every report. What've you found?"

"Nothing. It's as your hero surmised. Sundance was murdered by the Barons of the Tangled Shore. They pooled all their resources to craft a single Thorn-like bullet. Had they missed, the last few months would have played out very differently. The Hunters might still have their Vanguard. But... I admit that I see no reason not to believe the official report."
Ikora nodded. "Most reliable Guardian I know," she said softly.

"It was the only blemish on that record. I had to look into it."

Ikora took a breath. "We need you to leave the Drifter alone."

"You know I have the Vanguard's best interests in mind. And now that I know our hero can be trusted, maybe I've found the help I need."

"To do what?"

"To save you from yourselves."

"Aunor..."

"It remains my honor to be your Hidden. But there are lines I will never cross. Not for you, not for the Order. Do you trust me to do my job?"

"Always. I... the Vanguard ask that you do the same."

"Always."

So...
  • Aunor reaaalllyy hates the Drifter
  • Ikora defends us
  • Aunor states that the evidence shows our guardian didn't kill Cayde
  • Aunor wants to use our guardian to "save the vanguard from themselves"

redbaron788
AG
JRC0811 said:

Anyone up for finishing that Prestige tonight?

Yes please!
Beezy2389
AG
What time are we thinking?
kill0509
AG
I should be able to get online tonight!!
redbaron788
AG
In about an hour sound good?
Prime0882
AG
redbaron788 said:

In about an hour sound good?

Good for me! Shoot me an invite if I'm on another app
Beezy2389
AG
Still looking for a few more to fill in for the raid tonight if anyone is interested.
redbaron788
AG
Thanks poop stain!
kill0509
AG
With daazer and skidmark at our side, we can knock out prestige runs for half the fireteam!
Beezy2389
AG
For those playing Anthem, apparently there are some reports of it randomly powering off your console and corrupting your system requiring a rebuild of some system files. Might keep an eye out for that.

Also, don't try to cheese anything in the game. Gladd (streamer) was banned for farming a loot chest by exploiting a respawn mechanic of the boss.
Beezy2389
AG

Update 2.2.0

I'll try to pick out the interesting changes

• BIG reserve ammo nerfs to Whisper and Sleeper.
  • LMG damage nerfed 21% to bosses and yellow bars
  • Clan XP earned by playing the game (level 5 increases chance of catalyst drops)
  • Clusterbomb rocket nerf
  • Wardcliff coil boss damage buff
  • Striker Titans can't chain kills to get super back as effectively as before
  • Armor stat rolls have been randomized (mobility, recovery, resilience)
  • One-Eyed-Mask nerf

• Level Cap is 700
  • Powerful engrams are capped based on the max level of the season when you earned them
  • Xur added Forsaken Exotics to the loot pool (Fated Engram is still only year 1)
  • Black Armory Papers are guaranteed to drop from Gofannon and Bergusia

Gambit

• Changed up invader spawns
  • 3rd round is sudden death (prime evil spawns, all players are given super, grenade, melee energy, recharge rates are also buffed)
  • changed blocker types

• Prismatic Matrix has been retired
  • Fixed the Triumph pop up when moving items in Item Manager
TheBruceWayne
Beezy2389 said:

For those playing Anthem, apparently there are some reports of it randomly powering off your console and corrupting your system requiring a rebuild of some system files. Might keep an eye out for that.

Also, don't try to cheese anything in the game. Gladd (streamer) was banned for farming a loot chest by exploiting a respawn mechanic of the boss.

Also for glitching the storms super, that got fixed
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Basically all the heavies got nerfed
Beezy2389
AG
Definitely trying to change up the meta.

DARCI and Wardcliff seem to be the best options now
Beezy2389
AG
Eververse Silver purchases

800 silver (about $8): 5 bright engrams, 3 fireteam medallions, 250 bright dust

1100 silver ($10): 3 bright engrams, Graviton Lance Ornament (exclusive), and a transmat effect

1100 silver ($10): Exotic emote with a dog (exclusive), 1 fireteam medallion, transmat effect

I hate their pricing strategy. Admittedly I haven't done the math but I'd have to imagine they'd sell a hell of a lot more $2 bundles
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Eververse Silver purchases

800 silver (about $8): 5 bright engrams, 3 fireteam medallions, 250 bright dust

1100 silver ($10): 3 bright engrams, Graviton Lance Ornament (exclusive), and a transmat effect

1100 silver ($10): Exotic emote with a dog (exclusive), 1 fireteam medallion, transmat effect

I hate their pricing strategy. Admittedly I haven't done the math but I'd have to imagine they'd sell a hell of a lot more $2 bundles
Gotta agree that it's a chunk of change for a goofy emote. But, I'll defend them one more time that since they left Activision they've got to do something to keep the lights on and the servers going.

What would your thoughts be if they went to a monthly subscription model a la World of Warcraft that would continue generating them revenue to be able to continue making periodic content, and larger expansions/titles? I'm still curious how these types of games keep afloat without subs.
Bones08
AG
If the subscription fee results in more content, updates, and a better overall game then great.

However that's a big IF in my opinion and the improvement would have to be substantial. Too many other game and entertainment choices that would make me cancel in hurry if the results were lackluster.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The quest steps to get Thorn have been released. Spoilers obviously

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/axofvn/thorn_quest_steps/
Beezy2389
AG
Big lore spoilers out there.

Saxsoon
AG
Gambit prime is a lot of fun.

How do we choose between drifter and the vanguard?
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.