*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,769 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
Beezy2389
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cause if you are, I know a place.
AggieVictor10
AG
Saxsoon said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Howdy neighbor. I can't really speak for Plano rent prices but I have friends in that area so I can ask but if you're renting a 1BR up here, you could prob afford a comparable 1BR in Plano.

I'm in downtown Bellevue now, overpaying for a shoebox right now and I bet I could get a decent 1BR in Plano for the same rate.

I am paying 775 in Northgate but my roomie is also the owner. We are paying for his mortgage so we aren't being screwed over by the rest of the market. Probably would pay $300 more elsewhere nearby. Been a few years since we ran into each other at Pax. Hope all is well. You still with your old company?
Snagging a room with friends is the best way to go up here. My old roommate and I parted ways, not on bad terms or anything but I ended up taking a hit on rent. Talking with friends, rent in Plano varies a bit but it sounds like a 1BR in Plano is about the same as a studio in Seattle or the Eastside.

Also, all is well, still at the same place. I hope things are going well for you too.

I'll be working at PAX this year, on Monday and Friday. If you'll be at PAX, swing by and say hi if you have time!

I changed my PSN tag to something a big easier to pronounce, too, so feel free to hit me up there: VicTheUnderdog, will probably be splitting time between PC and PS4 once cross-save hits, though.
Beezy2389
AG
Late night Destiny update

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48072

General
  • Retooling damage globally - Visual damage numbers will be much lower than what you're use to but it won't actually be doing less damage.
  • The "immunity wall" (currently in the game enemies will become immune if you are 50 power levels below them) is being changed to -100 levels. You will be able to damage an enemy who is 99 power levels above you. Only slightly of course.

Damage Stacking, Buffs, and Debuffs
  • Buffs no longer stack (Well of Radiance, Empowering Riff, Lumina buff, and Weapons of Light). It'll only count the strongest buff for the damage calculation.
  • Debuffs still won't stack (Tether, Melting Point, Tractor Cannon). The duration and effects of the debuffs are also being changed.
  • Basically buffs that apply to a single weapon (Rampage, Kill Clip, Exotics) can still stack. But buffs that affect all your weapons no longer stack. The most powerful of those buffs will be applied to your damage.

Supers
  • Decreasing the amount of super returned on orb generation
  • The roaming supers will have their damage resistance lowered.
  • These changes are both PvP and PvE.

Heavy Ammo in PvP
  • In 6v6 playlists, pulling the heavy ammo crate isn't limited to just one person. Your team will have a short time to pull it for themselves after the first person pulls it.
  • Amount of ammo per brick is being decreased.

Trials
  • "Trials of the Nine didn't work the way we'd hoped, and Trials of the Nine is on hiatus indefinitely. " (Note the italics, their emphasis not mine"

Crucible and Crucible Playlists
  • We've removed the Quickplay and Competitive nodes from the Director.
  • If you're looking for an experience like Quickplay, we've added Classic Mix (a connection-based playlist [like Quickplay today]). Classic Mix includes Control, Clash, and Supremacy.
  • Competitive is replaced by 3v3 Survival (which now awards Glory).
  • We've also added a Survival Solo Queue playlist that also awards Glory.
  • We've added 6v6 Control as its own playlist.
    • With the potential influx of new players this Fall, we want to have a playlist that signals to new players that this is where to start.
    • We feel like 6v6 Control is the right starting place when introducing new friends to Destiny.
  • We've added a weekly 6v6 rotator and a weekly 4v4 rotator.
    • These rotator playlists are where modes like Clash, Supremacy, Mayhem, Lockdown, and Countdown will appear.
  • We've removed some underperforming maps from matchmaking, too.
  • Elimination will be moved to Crucible Labs as we have a few versions we want to playtest (different methods of revives and heavy ammo economy)
  • Widows Court and Twilight Gap PvP maps are returning.

Crucible Matchmaking
  • Going to separate the New Light players from the veterans.
  • Competitive matchmaking will have a wider skill groups. Some games will be sweat-fests others will be stomp-fests.

Ranks
  • Glory points will now be affected by your individual skill, not just wins and loses.
  • Loses will be less punishing on your win streaks for valor, glory, and infamy.

The Game's Progression
  • To ensure a better and more continuous narrative arc...SEASONAL ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS MAY END AT THE END OF THE SEASON. This means the beginning of the season may introduce an event or activity, through a progressing story it may evolve, and if that portion of the story gets resolved somehow, that activity might no longer be available to play in the game. They did say that the loot from these events will still be obtainable, they'll be earned from another reward source at a later time.
Saxsoon
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

Saxsoon said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Howdy neighbor. I can't really speak for Plano rent prices but I have friends in that area so I can ask but if you're renting a 1BR up here, you could prob afford a comparable 1BR in Plano.

I'm in downtown Bellevue now, overpaying for a shoebox right now and I bet I could get a decent 1BR in Plano for the same rate.

I am paying 775 in Northgate but my roomie is also the owner. We are paying for his mortgage so we aren't being screwed over by the rest of the market. Probably would pay $300 more elsewhere nearby. Been a few years since we ran into each other at Pax. Hope all is well. You still with your old company?
Snagging a room with friends is the best way to go up here. My old roommate and I parted ways, not on bad terms or anything but I ended up taking a hit on rent. Talking with friends, rent in Plano varies a bit but it sounds like a 1BR in Plano is about the same as a studio in Seattle or the Eastside.

Also, all is well, still at the same place. I hope things are going well for you too.

I'll be working at PAX this year, on Monday and Friday. If you'll be at PAX, swing by and say hi if you have time!

I changed my PSN tag to something a big easier to pronounce, too, so feel free to hit me up there: VicTheUnderdog, will probably be splitting time between PC and PS4 once cross-save hits, though.

Damn I have sat/sun tickets
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
AggieVictor10
AG
No worries. I'll have an exhibitor badge so I can attend each day anyway. My bad.
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389
AG

titanmaster_race
JRC0811 said:

Only slight concern about the expansion is that I hope it's not all recycled content. I know the raid will be brand new, but going back to the Moon and using some of the same enemies from D1 hopefully won't be as derivative as it might sound on paper.
Beezy2389
AG
New page for Shadowkeep

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Destiny/Shadowkeep?ciid=48001

Pre order bonus:
"Get the twin-tailed fox and the exclusive chasing kitsune ornament". Two things about this. It says you'll get the weapon, in addition to the ornament. Also the current rocket launcher in the game is the "Two-tailed fox" not sure if it's a typo, name change, or maybe a different rocket launcher. One of the trailers had a RL that shot those mini tracking nova bombs. Could be that.

Digital Deluxe Edition
Eris morn themed items. Emote, ghost shell, and emblem

Story
Awakened by the curiosity of Eris Morn, this evil poses a sinister threat far beyond her understanding. Return to the moon. Journey deep into a mysterious Hive Keep. Work with Eris to slay the Nightmares before they cast humanity into an age of darkness for good.

Power Cap
960. BUT upgrading your seasonal artifact will give you bonuses above that.

Finishers
Class-based. Blast arcane energy as a warlock, flourish your knives as a hunter, and fist your enemies with your Titan...
Finisher mods allow you to sacrifice your super in exchange for self-healing or spawning heavy ammo for your team when executing a finishing move.

Loot
Construct weapons out of Nightmare Essence with Eris Morn, gather vex-themed gear through the season pass, and collect new exotics from quests and enemy drops.

New Raid
"Garden of Salvation" A signal emerges from the dark and reaches beyond dimensions, into the uncharted wilds of the Black Garden. Where it leads inside the Garden remains a mystery. One that whispers with temptation, yearning to be solved.

Season 8: Season of the Undying.
included with Shadowkeep.
Defend our moon from the vex invasion and face the Undying Mind. In Season of the Undying, you will experience a new activity, discover new exotic weapons, collect universal ornaments, and grow more powerful.
Beezy2389
AG
About to blast this thread with a hundred pictures....sorry mods.
Beezy2389
AG
Destiny 2 Press Kit
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Folder

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Gamescom Folder

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Key Art

Bungie.net Mining

Saxsoon
AG
Definitely feels like the vex are the back end of the dlc just like the dreaming city. This is a very exciting dlc with what appears to be an early incursion of the darkness as well as the vex. Tdil that the vex we have been fighting are not their military folks, they are the construction crew. We have effectively been fighting them and they are using the vex equivalent of nail guns.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Naveronski
titanmaster_race
Good lord the dreambane Titan armor is hideous.

Beezy2389
AG
Yep, not a fan of the new armor, BUT I'm loving that all the previous armor will be viable again.
Pac1698
AG
So what have I missed so far...thanks for all the info Beezy!
Beezy2389
AG
Here's an infographic showing what will become free to play and the breakdown of the shadowkeep/seasonal model.

Beezy2389
AG
So setting up Cross Save became available today but I'm getting an error code at the very end. Any one get all the way through yet?

edit: got it to work, apparently you need to close your window and complete the who process quicker. I had it sitting on the authenticate page for a while and I guess that screws with it.
Beezy2389
AG
From a Q&A

Quote:

Wommack: This is actually pretty fun and still blows my mind a little bit. Artifacts have no limit on how much Power they can give you. As you get more levels, they'll cost more and more XP.
So "Max" Light is at 960. You can increase that indefinitely by powering up your seasonal artifact with XP.

Are we all gonna pitch in to buy a free ticket to the South Carolina game for whoever gets to 1000 first?
Bulldog73
AG
Someone's mighty confident they'll get there first.
redbaron788
AG
So Mid, Prime, and I are planning to do the new raid this Sunday.

No time is set right now, but it will need to be after 4 eastern.

Anyone care to join us?
dcaggie04
AG
I'd be down if you guys want to bring the PS4 newbie along.
redbaron788
AG
Oooh, a PS4 Raid baptism by fire. That sounds fun. You're in!

Also, Xur is selling Arbalest if y'all haven't gotten one yet
dcaggie04
AG
Full disclosure, I've moved over to PS4 from XB1. Nobody has played on XB1 but me since before Curse of Osiris. I have 3 max power characters. Haven't done a raid since first leviathan raid.

Biggest thing I am having to get used to is the PS4 controller. My muscle memory for Destiny is with a xbox elite controller. Miss my mapped paddles for easy grenade, melee, and supers.
Beezy2389
AG
ugh, FINE! I guess I'll boot 'er up again.
titanmaster_race
Welcome to your new home.
titanmaster_race
I'm starting the grind for fabled/legendary in comp. Teammates welcome!
Beezy2389
AG
I'd be down, need valor ranks. I know that next week is Iron Banner and the usual valor boosts.
titanmaster_race
Beezy2389 said:

I'd be down, need valor ranks. I know that next week is Iron Banner and the usual valor boosts.

Why go for valor when you can go for glory, o guardian mine?
Beezy2389
AG
I know, I'm saying I'll level up my Valor by helping out with Competitive.
Beezy2389
AG
Just booted anyone who hasn't played in over 6 months from the Clan. If you want to rejoin feel free to do so.
Bulldog73
AG
RIP
Beezy2389
AG
You're right at 6 months. You better log in soon!
Beezy2389
AG
Two things.

1.) We raiding today still?

2.) There is a free download of the Soundtrack from the Season Pass here https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Rewards. Its 12 songs, none of which I'd call memorable but hey, it's free.
titanmaster_race
Beezy2389 said:

Two things.

1.) We raiding today still?

2.) There is a free download of the Soundtrack from the Season Pass here https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Rewards. Its 12 songs, none of which I'd call memorable but hey, it's free.

Yep, I'll be on in about an hour or two.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.