*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,926 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
Pac1698
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, it's definitely worth it. Fixing the weapon slot system along with the armor perks from year 1 make you feel OP again. Plus the random rolls on the weapons make every drop exciting (even if they are mostly grenade launchers). The story and the new locations are really good.
Beezy2389
AG
Definitely think it's worth it. That being said...

1. You won't get to max light because I don't think anyone has made it to max light yet.

2. I know you were mainly a PvPer, so you should know there won't be Trials for a while because they are reworking it. They added crucible ranks and longterm PvP goals/rewards in Warmind I think that you'd probably enjoy.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Alright, fellow guardians.. You convinced me.. Hopefully I am still in the clan. haha

Beezy2389
AG
Think we still have room if you aren't
Beezy2389
AG
Hotfix today made it to where you can go back to Wave 6 after completing Wave 7 in Escalation Protocol. No need for the last second kill any more
Beezy2389
AG
Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47213

Sandbox
General
  • Fixed an issue where Antaeus Wards were sometimes generating orbs when used by Sentinels
  • Fixed an issue where Shards of Galanor were not giving energy back when knives hit from a long distance
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to create 10 Deadfall Void Anchors using Orpheus Rigs and Moebius Quiver
Armor
  • Fixed an issue where the Cloak of Remembrance would not interact properly with other objects
Exotic Weapons
  • Lord of Wolves
    • Fixed an issue where Lord of Wolves could lose ammo
  • Ace of Spades
    • Fixed an issue where visual effects from the Memento Mori perk would persist when swapping weapons
Weapons
  • Fixed an issue where explosive rounds were dealing less damage than intended
Abilities
  • Titan
    • Fixed an issue where Thundercrash was missing some visual effects
    • Fixed an issue where walking into the Dawnblade Well of Radiance while blocking with the Sentinel Shield would drain Super energy
    • Fixed an issue where Sentinel Super kills would not progress the Code of the Commander subclass path
    • Reduced amount of health, melee energy, and grenade energy returned when using the Sentinel Commander subclass path
  • Warlock
    • Fixed an issue where Phoenix Dive would grant alternate amounts of health due at different frame rates on PC
  • Hunter
    • Fixed an issue where Exploding Knives would deal less damage due at different frame rates on PC

Items and Economy
Character Boost
  • Fixed an issue where boosted characters were not unlocking the Curse of Osiris or Warmind campaign triumphs
Bounties
  • Fixed an issue where bounties were not being sorted properly in the Pursuits section of character inventory
  • Fixed an issue where Lost Sector bounties were not progressing properly when in a fireteam
  • Fixed an issue where the "Fist of Judgement" bounty had an incorrect objective
  • The wanted bounty for Irxis Partisan now shows the correct mug shot
Triumphs
  • Fixed an issue where the "Relic Rumble" Triumph was not progressing properly
  • Fixed an issue where "The Best Defense" Triumph was unlocking prior to completing the proper objective
  • Removed a duplicate checkbox in the Mercury "Lost Sectors" Triumph
  • Fixed an issue where Baron Triumphs would not unlock for players who joined an activity in progress
  • Fixed an issue where the "Adventurous" triumph for Io was not granting proper Triumph score

Activities
Escalation Protocol
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to revert to wave 1 after failing a wave and restarting it
  • Players may now restart at wave 6 after completing wave 7
    • Option available for 60 seconds after wave 7 completion

Also:

• Fixed an issue where non-forsaken players received items that required Tangled Shore materials for infusion
  • Increased drop rates for Year 2 mods
  • Fixed an issue where the Lore of Wolves Exotic was not dropping at expected rates.
Prime0882
AG
Are Escalation Protocols still worth it? I've never done one.
Beezy2389
AG
Probably still worth it. Weapons got knocked down a step with the weapon slot changes but it's probably worth grinding out drops when the boss is the one that drops all the weapons.
Bones08
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Activities
Escalation Protocol
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to revert to wave 1 after failing a wave and restarting it
  • Players may now restart at wave 6 after completing wave 7
    • Option available for 60 seconds after wave 7 completion

Awww, no more timing the boss kill at 0 seconds left. Probably for the best, but I always enjoyed that final firework show.
Beezy2389
AG
Yeah, unless you're doing it with a bunch of randoms.
Bones08
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Yeah, unless you're doing it with a bunch of randoms.
This is true.
redbaron788
AG
Anyone for Gambit?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Boy that one crucible match with the gang was fun tonight!
BreNayPop
AG
Ive been swamped out of playing between the clemson game, job, working out, coaching, and kids/wife
canadiaggie
AG
BreNayPop said:

Ive been swamped out of playing between the clemson game, job, working out, coaching, and kids/wife

I feel you. I try to grind out a daily/weekly activity for about an hour each day if I can. Trying to get into raid shape
koadie
AG
I just finished the campaign on my character. New baby was preventing Uldren's death.

Eph: 2:8
FightinTexasAg15
AG
canadiaggie said:

BreNayPop said:

I feel you. I try to grind out a daily/weekly activity for about an hour each day if I can. Trying to get into raid shape
Speaking of
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah I try to knock out the dailies first thing. Lots to do now
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
Hey anyone want to try and get a group going for the blindwell tier 2. I really am hoping to get a second seed so I can go unlock the healing warlock super.
Naveronski
AG
I got mine via a pug last night.

Bring a Telesto if you have it for the cheese.
Saxsoon
AG
What's the cheese. I do have the besto
FightinTexasAg15
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Telesto is the besto!

Glitch with Telesto in the blind well. Game registers telesto explosion as enemy kills and progresses % faster

Saxsoon
AG
Nice well I will be on if anyone wants to join up
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
All my old mods are worthless.. Time to delete hundreds of mods.. Someone get me a beer.. This might take awhile.
Naveronski
AG
Ph.D.Aggies said:

All my old mods are worthless.. Time to delete hundreds of mods.. Someone get me a beer.. This might take awhile.
Yes, but you get all the mats to use in new guns.

And the Y2 perks that are intrinsic to weapons are generally much better anyway.

...and you can add Y2 mods to them.

It sucks to lose a bunch of stuff, but you'll get a better weapon out of it.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Oh -- I understand those points. I just wish there was a mass delete option for all of them instead of literally deleting hundreds of them individually.
Luke Smith
I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I've been grinding pretty hard but still won't be close to raid ready for tomorrow if the speculation of level needed is correct
Bones08
AG
Spouts of Nonsense said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I've been grinding pretty hard but still won't be close to raid ready for tomorrow if the speculation of level needed is correct
Seeing how the light level grind seems to slow to a crawl once reaching 520 I think that 520 is probably a good goal to shoot for to be raid ready (at least for the first half of the raid or so).
Prime0882
AG
I'm pretty close to 520 now, but noticed that doing activities that reward powerful engrams I've maybe crawled up a LL or two per evening's play session. I hope 520 is raid "ready," otherwise it'll be a bit longer until I think most of us could get in there.

I do hope to at least do the Nightfall this week, as 520 should be a little less squishy.
Bones08
AG
JRC0811 said:

I'm pretty close to 520 now, but noticed that doing activities that reward powerful engrams I've maybe crawled up a LL or two per evening's play session. I hope 520 is raid "ready," otherwise it'll be a bit longer until I think most of us could get in there.

I do hope to at least do the Nightfall this week, as 520 should be a little less squishy.
Supposedly some powerful engrams are more powerful than others and doing activities that you are under-leveled for will give a bigger light level jump.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9fh2li/leveling_guide_forsaken/
Pac1698
AG
I also read that the Nightfall is the best farm to slowly up your light level. You don't even have to complete the Nightfall, just try to farm the rare and legendary engrams that drop from killing normal enemies. The drops are supposed to be within 5 light levels of your max. They recommend farming the Nightfall, then getting 1 powerful engram, then back to farm the Nightfall again, then earn another powerful engram. Seems kind of boring to me, but it's supposed to be efficient.
titanmaster_race
I'm down for some NF farming tonight!
Saxsoon
AG
Pac1698 said:

I also read that the Nightfall is the best farm to slowly up your light level. You don't even have to complete the Nightfall, just try to farm the rare and legendary engrams that drop from killing normal enemies. The drops are supposed to be within 5 light levels of your max. They recommend farming the Nightfall, then getting 1 powerful engram, then back to farm the Nightfall again, then earn another powerful engram. Seems kind of boring to me, but it's supposed to be efficient.

Specifically I believe it is he nightfall in the tangled shore because you spawn right next to the nightclub lost sector and get the blue loot at the end
bucklew67
Epicness525
Beezy2389
AG
Your first post?!?!? Welcome! Glad to have you on board.

You should join the clan if you aren't in one already. We use the in-game clan roster to send invites. https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=1584634

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.