*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,881 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
koadie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Right? The first curse word of destiny that I remember and I actually thought it was very well done.

Eph: 2:8
zip04
AG
So it appears you get the clan banner at level 10; earned it today.
Prime0882
AG
Logged on last night and played the first two missions before getting off. Noticed the legendary Mida Multi-toon SMG requires masterwork cores to upgrade past it's current 340 level. I never played when masterwork cores were dropping and read that there is no way to currently obtain them, or the pathway has been reduced at the moment.

We going to be stuck with a lot of useful Year 1 weapons that have no ability to be upgraded? The Mida-Multitool/SMG combo is probably one of my favorites, easily.
Saxsoon
AG
I am sticking to blues right now or whatever is strongest. Sharded most yr1 stuff and put the exotics away until I reach a level that I can do a more consistent infuse
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Beezy2389
AG
Yep, not a fan of the infusion cost. Kinda forced you to keep using new weapons until the endgame when you'll have built up enough materials
Bones08
AG
JRC0811 said:

Logged on last night and played the first two missions before getting off. Noticed the legendary Mida Multi-toon SMG requires masterwork cores to upgrade past it's current 340 level. I never played when masterwork cores were dropping and read that there is no way to currently obtain them, or the pathway has been reduced at the moment.

We going to be stuck with a lot of useful Year 1 weapons that have no ability to be upgraded? The Mida-Multitool/SMG combo is probably one of my favorites, easily.
A masterwork core can be purchased from the vendor in Tangled Shore. It costs 10 legendary shards and doubles in price with each one you buy until the daily reset.

So may be a good idea to stop by the vendor and buy at least one a day.
zip04
AG
I guess I should post that my PSN is Zip04 as well.
kill0509
AG
'04? Does than mean that Boogie05 and BeeDav are no longer the old guys anymore?? I mean, it probably won't stop me from reminding them that this year's incoming class will graduate 17 years after they graduated from college...
koadie
AG
ha! old army!

zip04
AG
You're going to push me back to the Fortnite thread with that talk. At least there I play with a class of '95 Ag.
kill0509
AG
Well don't run off just yet, we actually had a guy that used to run with us whose handle was dunnyrc51. I haven't seen him online in a while but that guy was playing Destiny at 60+ years old so we all have a WAYS to go to catch Dunny! He would do anything from the storyline, just wouldn't run any crucible stuff. Dude had a ridiculous stockpile of resources on his characters!
atmdds03
AG
Ha! New army!
Beezy2389
AG
Still think Daazer77 has that spot locked up
Saxsoon
AG
So what's the general consensus after a day? Got through some of the baron quests before calling it a night and had a blast. The reef is amazing and so multileveled. Gameplay updates continue to be awesome and I am glad to have an excuse for blues
koadie
AG
atmdds03 said:

Ha! New army!

redbaron788
AG
Anyone up for crucible or Gambit?
titanmaster_race
Saxsoon said:

So what's the general consensus after a day? Got through some of the baron quests before calling it a night and had a blast. The reef is amazing and so multileveled. Gameplay updates continue to be awesome and I am glad to have an excuse for blues

I am really, really digging the new content so far.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I'm having a good time with it so far. Really enjoying how much there is to discover and figure out
zip04
AG
Saxsoon said:

Bones08 said:

Having a blast with the campaign so far. The bow feels great.

There is a bit of a power level wall that I have approached. I'm level 411 with power 420, 430, and 440 obstacles ahead of me to proceed with the campaign. Looking online most people are suggesting that one either grinds power level to get within 10 or fire team up.

So yea, if anyone is up for teaming up tonight then let me know!

Where I am in the campaign: I have defeated three of the Barons

I did a couple crucible matches for bounties for the clan and got a 503 better devils when my light level was 420ish. Got 2 other items 20 levels above. I recommend that and strikes. Lost sectors still have old 370 gear sadly
I did a crucible quickplay yesterday afternoon and picked up a 503 Wing Contender chest armor. I can't use it however, because I am only a level 12 with a light level of 123.
Saxsoon
AG
Spent an hour dumping600 vanguard tokens and 1800 weaponn parts to unlock engrams and inch across 500. Found some good guns that I am enjoying including a 4 burst pulse and then an arc auto called misfit that is a lot of fun. The new weapon mods are pretty dang rare only got 2 to drop in that time
Prime0882
AG
Hoping to finish up the campaign tonight. Got three of the Barons done last night and had to grind out a little more light to be ready for the next ones.

Side note - will the fancy exotic sniper rifle everyone was clamouring about still be dropping going forward? Did they up the LL on the mission?
Naveronski
AG
Whisper?

Yes, but IIRC it's weekends only.

Not sure how it will scale vs Y2 weapons (it was amazing in Y1, but there will be some interesting rolls available now).
Tex117
AG
Man, it feels good to be back!

Moving through the campaign. Hit that block where you have to go grind some power levels to keep going on the barrons.

Its really alot more fun this go around!

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
Naveronski
AG
Same. 1/2 the Barron's done, but need to bring a friend for the last 3.
Prime0882
AG
Think I've got three left tonight ranging from 430 - 450 power level or so. I'd be down for running the missions tonight, if anyone else is interested.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I got a sniper yesterday that I thought had a pretty great PvP roll, so I decided to go try it out. I've always been interested in video editing and stuff so I decided to try and dip my toes in and see what I could come up with based off the 2 games of competitive I played yesterday. I felt it came out pretty well being my first time to do anything like this

Luke Smith
Nice job!

I've REALLY enjoyed Forsaken. I played D2 off and on at the start, but got bored pretty quickly. Having random rolls back really helps the excitement. Before Forsaken I deleted everything that dropped because I knew what was worth having and what wasn't. Now I'm keeping everything because I don't know what I'm going to need.

Almost finished the campaign but it's about 100x better than the others up to this point.
zip04
AG
Awesome job. PS4's sharefactory is a good tool for editing and creating videos.
koadie
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I got a sniper yesterday that I thought had a pretty great PvP roll, so I decided to go try it out. I've always been interested in video editing and stuff so I decided to try and dip my toes in and see what I could come up with based off the 2 games of competitive I played yesterday. I felt it came out pretty well being my first time to do anything like this

That's awesome! Confirms two things for me, I sucked on ps4.... and if I play on there again, I'll be the cheat using a mouse and keyboard lol

Beezy2389
AG
By the way if anyone is having trouble redeeming the soundtrack after completing the campaign. I found out I had to go to my triumphs page and catch up on claiming all my completed triumphs before it would let me press the "email discount code" button
FightinTexasAg15
AG
"Xur this week": In the tower by dead orbit. Selling Prometheus Lens, Young Ahamkara Spine (Hunter), Nezerac's Sin (Warlock) and Ashen Wake (Titan). One big disappointment.
Artorias
AG
Haven't played Destiny 2 since the initial release. Leveled a char to max level, grinded some items, got bored and quit. Haven't checked out either of the first 2 DLC.

That all being said, how is Forsaken? Worth dropping $60 to come back and check it all out?

koadie
AG
mugwurt said:

Haven't played Destiny 2 since the initial release. Leveled a char to max level, grinded some items, got bored and quit. Haven't checked out either of the first 2 DLC.

That all being said, how is Forsaken? Worth dropping $60 to come back and check it all out?

It's totally a different game. If you liked D1, you should love this.

titanmaster_race
Raid tonight?
spieg12
AG
Do the old raids drop gear above 380??

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.