*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,803 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I could run it once or twice perhaps.
AggieVictor10
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Got an emblem code from PAX. Here for anyone that wants it:

9FR-J7D-KKP

Enter it on Bungie.net/redeem. I don't think it'll be available in your collections til after Forsaken launches.

Already redeemed.

Updated the post accordingly. I only shared the code here, so someone in this thread must have got it.
RoofingAg
AG
Hey guys. Getting back into D2 after just finishing the story about a year ago and then putting it down. I played D1 almost religiously and would like to get back into D2 because I hear there are some significant improvements coming. Would appreciate any help and I hope to be up to speed before too long to do some raiding and what not.

Username is TexCOSBY.
kill0509
AG
Come on with it!! There are a few of us who have been playing since the D1 days as well. Feel free to add me on the PSN, just put TexAgs in the message so I don't dismiss it as a random adding me. PSN handle is the same as my TexAgs handle. There's a list on the front page and most of us are in the same clan as well. Looking forward to the live team taking over again!
Beezy2389
AG
Guns worth grinding for:
  • Exotic: Whisper of the Worm, Polaris Lance, Tractor Cannon, Crimson
  • Escalation Protocol: Shotgun, Sniper Rifle
  • Gunsmith: Manannan SR4
  • Crucible: Better Devils
  • Vanguard: Nameless Midnight
  • Raid: Midnight Coup, Sins of the Past

• Plus a couple of others but those are a lot of my go-tos

RoofingAg
    AG
    Yesss thanks guys. Looking forward to getting back to it!!
    zip04
    AG
    I've played for about 2 hours, so not much at all. My initial impressions:

1. Not much PvP (Forsaken looks very interesting)
    2. I don't really see the purpose of a clan in this game until you get to Forsaken. (Coming from and old school Quake 1 and original Counter Strike clan mindset)
    3. Seems like it has a good story line and is a fun game to play through.

Questions:
    1. Being someone who really enjoys PvP, does that aspect pick up in this game?
    2. Is it possible to skip straight to Forsaken (and bounce back to catch up on the story as time permits)? - or would I be at a huge disadvantage.
    kill0509
    AG
    Destiny is really split into two types, PvE stuff (story missions, strikes, 6 man raid, 6 man raid lairs, etc) and PvP stuff (4v4 that was originally a 6v6 on Destiny 1 and it's shifting more towards 6v6 again which I think is a good thing, trials on weekends for the really competitive PvP types, Valor, Glory, Gambit which is a new type coming for Forsaken, etc). I enjoy the PvE stuff a lot more, personally. It's a lot of fun to beat a prestige raid for the first time, run a blind raid, etc. with a bunch if other Ags.

Personally, I would play the story mode to get your level up and just to learn a bit of the story behind the game. It seems like a lot more of the lore is coming back now that the live team is starting to take over some. Destiny really to me is a first person shooter that has a very light MMO style to it. It's more fun to play with buddies and such which is why they started the clans on Destiny 2, encourage folks to plug in with other guardians. It helps, but it's not necessary to have a clan, just can provide some nice perks.

In any case, I'll be back online this week once we get back in town. There's a solid core that still plays so feel free to jump in with us anytime you see us online! Looking forward to the new DLC!
    Bulldog73
    AG
    Also, Gambit is a new game type coming out that combines elements of PVE and PVP. I simply suck at PVP styles, so it's never been my favorite thing. Gambit is a new game style that was open yesterday. It combines elements of both PVP and PVE, and it seemed solid.
    zip04
    AG
    Bulldog73 said:

Also, Gambit is a new game type coming out that combines elements of PVE and PVP. I simply suck at PVP styles, so it's never been my favorite thing. Gambit is a new game style that was open yesterday. It combines elements of both PVP and PVE, and it seemed solid.

I did see that preview and it looked really good. I doubt that is something to jump into at a level 4.... probably need to build up my character in the story mode before going to that.
    canadiaggie
    AG
    Has everyone just stopped using their primary in PvP? Seems like run-slide-shotty meta is back in action.

Love that they buffed the melees, with Ophidian Aspect as a warlock I can stand from miles away and kill you while you're still struggling to close in

To be honest I'm kinda glad that the fast paced play has come back. People were just relying on graviton distance kills before whereas the gameplay style has gotten more aggressive and fun.
    titanmaster_race
    If I'm not on, send me a PSN message and I'll run it with you
    Naveronski
    AG
    Good bull.
    RoofingAg
    AG
    Any tips for leveling light after the story mode? Or is just a good old fashioned grind fest with strikes, crucible, etc?
    Beezy2389
    AG
    1. Explaining Destiny 2 PvP can be confusing but I'll give it a try. I'm by no means a PvP guy so things might not be 100% right here.
    • 3 Playlists in the Crucible that are selectable at anytime. (Quickplay, Competitive, and a third that will cycle weekly between a few different gamemodes)
    • Quickplay is your casual experience. 6v6 Deathmatch and Control. It affects your Valor rank. Losing doesn't hurt you, completing a match gives you small amount of Valor points, and winning gives you a bit more. You get more points if you are on a win streak (capped at 5 wins). This is what we mostly play because it's the least sweaty way to get our weekly reward for playing PvP.
    • Competitive is 4v4 with basically bomb plant/defuse and a game mode where your team has like 10 lives total or something. I can't speak much on this though. This affects your Glory rank. You actually lose glory points when you lose, there's the same win streak system as Quickplay though. When you reach a certain Glory rank, you will be able to get a good weapon they design specifically for the hardcore PvP players. Very few people can do this so its something to chase for higher end PvP players.
    • The last playlist will rotate weekly between free for all (1v5), doubles (2v2), Mayhem (Supers regenerate wayyy faster, you'll basically have a super for every life), and Iron Banner (6v6) which comes once a month and they all last the full week. For Iron Banner, a vendor shows up and sells a full armor and weapon set per season. Basically its a reason for all of us to bite the bullet, get a full group together and actually enjoy a bit of crucible as a Clan.
    There is also Trials of the Nine which is 4v4 and you get rewards for winning 5 in a row and 7 in a row and it's the sweatiest sweat fest in Destiny 2. Hope it doesn't sound too exciting because they are removing it for a few months after Forsaken drops. It wasn't too popular so they are going to rework it a bit before bringing it back.

2. Being in a Clan has a few perks. There are a few very basic things like increased money when you kill certain enemies, better chance of materials dropping, that kind of thing. Also, there is a vendor who will give you gear the 1st time the clan completes something that week (meaning if we finish the raid, crucible, strikes, or trials for the week, she'll give you gear even if you didn't get on and play any of it.) Basically, you'll get a few free pieces of gear while we are all playing. And lastly, I check my Clan roster more often than my friends page to see if people are on. It's a separate list so if you join the clan you'll be able to see when any of us are playing without having to add us to your friends list. That being said, if we see you on enough you'll probably get a friend invite regardless.

3. Base game overall is pretty good, Curse of Osiris overall is pretty bad, Warmind overall is good. A few good and bad things in each of course.

As for your questions.

1. PvP might be tough at first because you won't have many of the good guns. The better your collection gets, the more fun you'll have. And like I said earlier, there are events like Iron Banner, Mayhem, and double valor points weekend that'll cause a lot of us to get on and play.

2. Forsaken will allow you to bring one of your characters up to the level required for Forsaken (I'm not sure if it will give you gear that is strong enough for you to survive though.)
    Beezy2389
    AG
    I actually don't have a good answer for that right now because the answer used to be complete all the milestones and raids for all your characters. Right now the game is in a Pre-Forsaken version where they are changing how everything works but haven't fully implemented all of the features yet.

My best guess will be do strikes and crucible until you get to 260 and then complete the raid and the milestones/challenges or whatever they are calling them until you get to 285.
    Bulldog73
    AG
    I hope they do spark of light so I don't have to go through the whole story again on a warlock too.
    Beezy2389
    AG
    Found this on Polygon,

"Copies of Destiny 2: Forsaken will come with a character boost called a Spark of Light in Destiny to help new players quickly level up and get right to the DLC, Bungie said in an interview with Mashable. But unlike the original Destiny, this new consumable will now work from the character select menu, and treat the character it's used on as if they've actually finished the campaigns from Year One's offerings."

They also said you will be able to buy additional boosts but it could be like $30 so there's no way I could suggest that.

You'll find that leveling up your second and third characters will be quicker because you can share weapons between all your characters, so the high light level weapons that drop for your main character will provide a huge jump in your other character's light level causing the light level of the their drops to be increased as well.
    FightinTexasAg15
    AG
    You get 1 spark of light with a purchase of forsaken
    redbaron788
    AG
    Saw a destiny video the other day and realized a couple things I miss from D1:

Hawkmoon

My Spider-Man getup
    redbaron788
    AG
    Also if anyone else needs the nightfall and isn't watching football I'm on now
    zip04
    AG
    That explains it quite well, thank you. I did join the clan. Someone (not sure if they were in the clan or not) sent me a game invite while I was on but I couldn't join it because it was in an add on that I don't own.

It's a good game so far. I wish I would have started with D1 or when D2 was first released.
    Beezy2389
    AG
    Bad JuJu
    Hung Jury
    Dark Drinker
    Gjallarhorn
    Ice Breaker

kill0509
    AG
    Easy for me, list starts and ends with Vision of Confluence.
    Bulldog73
    AG
    I'd probably say Thorn... but yeah....
    Saxsoon
    AG
    Vision, Bad Juju, and Icebreaker were fundamental to my d1 experience. Didn't get ghorn until when did sold it the second time so almost no time at all before it got nerfed. Wasn't that great in rise of iron. I remember the Venus strike with the archon priest back when nightfall's would take you to orbit and hiding all over the map sniping with that gun. So much fun
    Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
    titanmaster_race
    Vex Mythoclast
    FightinTexasAg15
    AG
    I miss the armor in D1. Hope forsaken has some cool stuff

kill0509
    AG
    Armor has definitely been very meh on Destiny 2 when you look back at the first Destiny.
    koadie
    AG
    So do you guys know the lore behind the taken armour from d1? The awoken from the reef had these aids to the queen who basically made it. Creepy lore if you read into it

Eph: 2:8
    zip04
    AG
    The more I play this game the more I like it. I'm going to play through the campaign and then I'll probably purchase the new bundle.

Can you not talk with your fire team? From what I can currently tell, the only method to do so would be party chat on the PS4.
    Beezy2389
    AG
    You can but nobody does it. Bring up your ghost and click either left or right on the d-pad and itll put you into fireteam chat. I think for them to hear you they need to be in fireteam chat as well so chances are you won't be taking to them
    AGinHI
    AG
    Excuse me y'all, but I just want to plug this game Firewall Zero Hour (official post on first page).

Having played Destiny with some of y'all, I think you would be hooked. The VR, the teamwork. It is an amazing game.

The best are the comeback victories.

Anyway, just letting you know.
    “We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
    zip04
    AG
    This may have already been asked on the previous 5 pages, but I can't figure out how to equip the clan banner. I am at Hawthorne.
    kill0509
    AG
    Did you join the clan through the link on the first page? Sorry, I'd send you an invite in the game but I think o ly Beezy and FTA are admins with that ability. It's an open clan though, so you should be able to just join through the link once you sign in with your account.

Link: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=1584634

Edited to add the link

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.