*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,745 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forgot about this thread.

I'm liking the new update, but don't like the gear nerfs.
Beezy2389
AG
https://www.twitch.tv/bungie

Stream
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Destiny 2 will be available on the Google Stadia

https://store.google.com/product/stadia_founders_edition
Beezy2389
AG
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep
Sept. 17th.

Full Stream

Stadia - play on chrome browser anywhere with a controller
Cross Save - ALL PLATFORMS
Free to play - "New Light" create temporary powerful characters for new players to get to be competitive in higher light level
Shadowkeep is standalone (don't need previous expansions)
Still going with Seasons
No more exclusive gear or content
Destiny 2 is coming to Steam free of charge (all expansions characters will be transferred)

ViDoc
Return to the moon
Not just about the Hive (something else/something terrifying)
Horror themed expansion
Previous enemies are revived (Crota/Skolas/Taniks/Ghaul/girl is wearing an oryx shirt/etc)
Eris Morne is back

Changing how armor perks and mods work (put any mods on any armor)
Artifacts are back
Finishing moves (special melee animations)
Exotic. Heavy. Bow.
Trace Rifle that makes crit spots bigger
Special ammo hand cannon with a scope

Black Garden (D1) coming back
some old crucible maps (the one with a church in D1 Widows Court?)

"New Light" - New players create a guardian that starts in the Cosmodrome (only play first mission from D1) opens up endgame content immediately

Similar "cycles" like Dreaming City

Q&A portion with Datto
is Eris evil? No, uses darkness to protect humanity
is this connected to Mara Sov? small tie ins but not a huge story
Uldren/mara sov updates? "a conversation for another time"
How is the moon different from D1? 2x the size of D1 moon. Scarlett fortress. Fallen. Bringing back old characters. (Can't list his favorite because its a spoiler)

Sandbox? 1 big sandbox update every season.
separate pve/pvp balancing? nope, want to have your character feel the same every regardless of activity
All previous expansions will be bundled @ $40 but not required for Shadowkeep ($35)
Seasons are a la cart.
New Stikes/PvP maps regularly? With big expansions, but not guaranteed with new seasons. Still trying to balance their workload.
Will losing Activision/small studios hurt the size of expansions? Team was reconfigured to reach new expectations

"New Light" -
new entry point for Destiny. free.
Not a complete remaster of D1. Just 1st mission.
mission (~15 minutes) -> tower -> opens up activities (strikes/gambit/crucible/raid) -> destinations will be unlocked in the same order but express lane version. can purchase previous expansions to open up those destinations.
What level do you start at? still being tuned. Start power level at 750(?).

why partner with Stadia? won't affect development process. Helps people play anywhere.
"MMO"? Cultural shift but core gameplay is the same. Deeper character customization. Social fabric.
Where is this story going? "had different monster of the week, but Shadowkeep is the next chapter of the overall story arc. Destiny isn't heading towards an overall ending"
Trials? Still working on it. Crucible playlist getting reworked. No estimated return date. Doesn't sound promising
Reusing old assets, why recycle content? It'll be new enough. Bring them back in improved ways, new secrets
Destiny 3? Super far out. Focusing on current content.

Things I have picked out (ViDoc timestamps)
Monte Carlo is back @ 1:15
Pulse @ :38 looks really familiar but can't place it (Strangers Rifle/No Time to Explain?) again @ 5:26
Darkblade as another boss back
Phogoth (you're welcome Spieg)
usually they do a good job of this but @ 9:27 they have 6 characters running on a venus/black garden type location...maybe the raid isn't on the moon?
The actual Summoning Pits @ 9:52 (you're welcome again Spieg)
Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan version) @ 13:46?

Prime0882
AG
I'm in!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Bungie is so good at the hype game. This new stuff looks fantastic
spieg12
AG
I'm calling it now. They revived Brogoth again and he's wrecking everything.
Beezy2389
AG
Think I saw an ogre with green gauntlets....just saying.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Apparently they only got Sony to agree to crossplay yesterday
Beezy2389
AG
Something that's awesome that I didn't even consider. For the cross-save, you can select which characters you want to play as out of all your characters. For example, if you have 3 characters on PC and 3 on PS4, you can mix and match those characters and play 2 PS4/1PC characters on your PC.
Beezy2389
AG
Beezy2389
AG
Beezy2389
AG
Would anyone be down to do Scourge of the Past tonight/tomorrow?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Yes!
Beezy2389
AG
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_aEsIfZArOUJ0_Z7NLnV3SpzXLiHOe5NaOHUd9tUlRw/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

Here is a list of all the combinations to get exactly what you're looking for in the Menagerie. A couple of tabs up top, the far right has the drops.
TheBruceWayne
Who is down for a SOTP run this weekend?
A is A
AG
Just finished raid (PC).

3 thoughts.
1) It will be a cake walk when above 735.
2) The mechanics of the raid are great. I believe this is the first Raid where you have to know all roles and actually do them. Riven you could get by with 1 person in each room never doing the eye. Really fun mechanics!
3) outbreak is broken even without the catalyst. We consistantly got the final boss down to 25% health left in one phase (without catalyst, and with only two above 730) Lol. When DPS is with your primary, that's just too funny. Now, it does prevent the whole "where's all the purple bricks" comments that typically come.

Note: did not run the middle strat - didn't have 3 warlocks.
Beezy2389
AG
I am, lets try tomorrow. I was out all day today and wasn't able to get on but I'm good for tomorrow.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I'm in for tonight as well
Beezy2389
AG
Stuck here with my Internet out because of the rain but for those trying Borderlands 2, they put out a new free DLC today with a quick level boost for new players. 7 year old game just got new loot, new missions, and a new raid boss
FightinTexasAg15
AG
New raid boss melted in 10 seconds

Beezy2389
AG

What strikes feel like
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Haha I've been using that trying to make progress on Windigo and it's a combination of hilarious fun and incredible frustration. I've gotten better with it but I still have periods of 5 grenades in a row going through the legs of my opponents lol
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Just finished the raid. Phew. Most of it's pretty easy, but the last phase is a pain, there's so many mechanics. But if you can execute the mechanics it's not bad
A is A
AG
What was you light?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Started the raid at 730, was about 734 at the end boss.

Some general tips
  • You can use old leviathan armor to get the mods and they work. The class item has a solar mod that increases damage from class abilities. If you have the solar mod on, it will increase all your damage by 25% when standing in anybody's well.
  • Good weapons throughout the raid are outbreak prime, good hand cannon, EP Shotty, recluse, loaded question, and aggressive frame grenade launchers with spike grenades, or a good machine gun
  • The entire raid you're grouping up, try to use the same partner throughout the raid as you get on the same page and it makes it easier

Also, if anyone wants my jacket code I won't use it
Saxsoon
AG
Anyone want to help me out with outbreak prime tonight?
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
Anyone want to help me out with outbreak prime tonight, maybe next few hours?
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The truth quest also dropped today
TheBruceWayne
Regular?
Beezy2389
AG
Fun bug in the Gauntlet on the Menagerie. If you fire a Telesto across the finish line, the game thinks each projectile is a player.
Naveronski
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Fun bug in the Gauntlet on the Menagerie. If you fire a Telesto across the finish line, the game thinks each projectile is a player.

For now! We tried running 6 Meng's last night and couldn't get a gauntlet.

Allegedly they're patching it and the chest today.
A is A
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Started the raid at 730, was about 734 at the end boss.

Some general tips
  • You can use old leviathan armor to get the mods and they work. The class item has a solar mod that increases damage from class abilities. If you have the solar mod on, it will increase all your damage by 25% when standing in anybody's well.
  • Good weapons throughout the raid are outbreak prime, good hand cannon, EP Shotty, recluse, loaded question, and aggressive frame grenade launchers with spike grenades, or a good machine gun
  • The entire raid you're grouping up, try to use the same partner throughout the raid as you get on the same page and it makes it easier

Also, if anyone wants my jacket code I won't use it
Cannot stress this enough. I ran with the same guy for encounters 3 and 4. Our communications was "Risky, Crystal" "Risky Swap" "Deception". It was wonderful to have a clear channel.
TheBruceWayne
should we set a time or day to raid? I would be down for any this weekend or early evening.

also if you see me on and want to get the raid going shoot me a message I may not check the forum for a couple days
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I'll be out this weekend. I might be able to do a raid later in the evening, or Sunday would work too. If I'm not on you can shoot me a message and I'll get it on my phone and may be able to get on

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.