*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,838 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
Beezy2389
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assuming you finished the Forsaken campaign and the raid. There's the shattered throne (3 man raid like activity), malfeasance quest (exotic hand cannon from gambit), you missed out on a few timed events like festival of the lost (took the infinite forest and made it a "how far can you get" in 15 minutes thing), and that brought the Thunderlord quest (Exotic Heavy Machine Gun quest that rewarded the gun, now it's just a world drop).

Might have missed a few things.
Beezy2389
AG

So the boss in the Inverted Spire had a bug (which is why it was removed a while back). Here is what happened....
TheBruceWayne
anyone down to try forge Friday night when our LL is a little better? im running a hunter be nice to have a well warlock and MP titan, for final boss
titanmaster_race
TheBruceWayne said:

anyone down to try forge Friday night when our LL is a little better? im running a hunter be nice to have a well warlock and MP titan, for final boss

I'm down to try TONIGHT

Or any other night, other than tomorrow night.
TheBruceWayne
titanmaster_race said:

TheBruceWayne said:

I'm down to try TONIGHT

im good with that. are you off today too?
Luke Smith
After playing last night I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with Black Armory. I know it's still early, but still.

I tried running the forge with 2 other 600, and we just got stomped.

So I went back into grinding the same activities I've been grinding since Forsaken released. Finished a couple milestones that each gave something like +1 or +2 light. I got 3 arms in a row.

So I'm having to grind all of the stuff I've been grinding for the past months just to be able to play new content. It might be a little more bearable if there was some new loot to chase while grinding these things. New weapons and armor added to strikes, crucible, etc. But there's not.

The grind to 600 was long and could be frustrating. So once I finally hit 600 I took a break to play some other games (RDR and Spiderman). I thought BA would bring me back in but so far its pushing me more away.

I wanted to play some new content and chase some new things, but there's really not a whole lot of new content. They were able to design a new eververse set but couldn't add new strike or crucible gear?

Not to mention I finally had a good looking guardian again and now I have to make him look like he shops at the toilet store just to maximize my light level because infusion is so costly
BQRyno
AG
100% agree with everything you said. I thought this was going to give me a good reason to spend way too much time in Destiny 2 again. Not so much.
TheBruceWayne
im hoping for the best that the forges will evolve, and not just in the bosses power level
Tex117
AG
They should have re done the soft power caps for the gear you get for daily, weeklies, dreaming city, etc. The arc past 600 should be much faster now, then slow down around 615/620.

600 is a pretty good hike for most people. Especially if they don't play all the time. To get even higher than that is an even bigger ask.

My bet is that they change this.

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
Beezy2389
AG
They could do like they did with Escalation Protocol when it first released and lower the recommended light level.
TheBruceWayne
remember though that they are rolling out more content as the season goes
Bones08
AG
I know they have changed the way they are doing DLCs and that it will be a more constant stream of new content.

But I would like at least a slightly bigger splash on DLC release day. If I didn't know that the Black Armory "release date" was yesterday I would have never guessed it and just assumed it was another week of Destiny.
Saxsoon
AG
Other than a quick cutscene, the annex and briefly playing 2 matches of forge before realizing how outclassed I am am, I couldn't have told you that yesterday was a content drop. Kind of sad. I hope this doesn't bite bungie in the ass
TheBruceWayne
Bones08 said:

I know they have changed the way they are doing DLCs and that it will be a more constant stream of new content.

But I would like at least a slightly bigger splash on DLC release day. If I didn't know that the Black Armory "release date" was yesterday I would have never guessed it and just assumed it was another week of Destiny.

Agreed
Naveronski
AG
The new grind, before I can play any new content, timeline dependent on RNG, is frustrating.
titanmaster_race
TheBruceWayne said:

titanmaster_race said:

TheBruceWayne said:

I'm down to try TONIGHT

im good with that. are you off today too?

No, but will be leaving work early
titanmaster_race
I'm ok with the presence of the grind to 650, but having the first forge be impossible to complete without grinding old content for LL was a terrible idea. The first forge should be 605 or 610.

I also agree with the lack of a splash. Marketing as a whole for the black armory was really bad, if not nonexistent.
TheBruceWayne
The grind continues
Beezy2389
AG
Didn't take long

Bungie's lowering the recommended level by 5
Beezy2389
AG
So sometimes Bungie is bad....but at least they aren't Bethesda bad.

Fallout 76 had a collectors edition that came with a "Canvas Bag". They shipped cheap nylon bags instead. Backlash. They said "sorry, it was too expensive, we aren't planning on doing anything about it". Backlash. They said "our bad, here take some in-game currency" which turns out wasn't even enough to buy the mailman outfit which coincidently had a canvas mail bag. Backlash & Threat Of Lawsuit. They said "we get it, you guys mean a lot to us, we'll ship out replacement canvas bags to everyone who submits a support ticket. Yaayy Bethesda!

Today's update?
Your support tickets for replacement canvas bags were accidentally made available to other players, they likely have access to your contact information and credit card.
titanmaster_race
Good grief that's disgusting. Half of me wants to see them taken to the woodshed for this. That is some seriously illegal crap.

But on the other hand, I really want the new elder scrolls to not go down with the ship.
TheBruceWayne
Glad we could get boogie and kill their raid completion.
Prime0882
AG
TheBruceWayne said:

Glad we could get boogie and kill their raid completion.
Yep, great work you two. Also to Spieg who got to see some of the earlier parts of the raid for the first time.
Bones08
AG
I'm up to 610. I played The Forge a few times using matchmaking and got the boss in round 3 down to half. That was with a random 605 and 602.

So I think it will definitely be doable in the next few days. It seems the current best strategy is to stick together in the interior, cave-like, part of the area for round 1 and 2 before moving to a rock near the back of the room for the boss. Two people on Whisper duty, the other working on clearing adds as much as possible.
TheBruceWayne
Bones08 said:

I'm up to 610. I played The Forge a few times using matchmaking and got the boss in round 3 down to half. That was with a random 605 and 602.

So I think it will definitely be doable in the next few days. It seems the current best strategy is to stick together in the interior, cave-like, part of the area for round 1 and 2 before moving to a rock near the back of the room for the boss. Two people on Whisper duty, the other working on clearing adds as much as possible.
im down to try again tonight near the end after I do several more power drops
Prime0882
AG
Bones08 said:

Exactly what I said last night, those two who shall not be named who were on my fireteam.... I'm at 612, so I'm interested in continuing to try.
Prime0882
AG
JRC0811 said:

Exactly what I said last night, those two who shall not be named who were on my fireteam.... I'm at 612, so I'm interested in continuing to try.
It was Crown and Mid.
kill0509
AG
Was just hopping on to post this!! Big thanks to everyone for staying up late, especially those on the East Coast!! You got mine and Boogie's first run through to actually start and finish the Last Wish raid!! I think Spieg had finished it before, but never done a full run through with all the different encounters. Crud, we even took the time to hit all the Easter eggs last night so y'all rocked!! It was amazing to see the different bosses and such for the first time!!
Pac1698
AG
No spoilers kill, I'm still waiting on my "blind" last wish and SoS runs!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
titanmaster_race
JRC0811 said:

JRC0811 said:

It was Crown and Mid.

At least it doesn't take us 10 minutes and multiple deaths to jump across a few platforms in the ascendant realm.
Beezy2389
AG
So definitely fighting fallen and there's a lot of time on a sparrow. That's all I got.
kill0509
AG
You know I'll never spill the beans on spoilers! Raids are still by far my favorite part of Destiny!! I even appreciate the fact that they have done raid lairs between the major DLCs so that you still have a big 6 man mission to work through on each new content.

Those late night runs are big memories for me. I know mid was in on the first finish we had for Wrath of the Machine that took until almost 4 AM to complete!! We had just enough DPS that we HAD to have all 5 damage phases to beat it the first time so it felt like more of an accomplishment than just beating a raid for the first time! Cause, you know, just beating a raid is not a big deal at all... lol
Naveronski
AG
titanmaster_race said:

JRC0811 said:

JRC0811 said:

It was Crown and Mid.

At least it doesn't take us 10 minutes and multiple deaths to jump across a few platforms in the ascendant realm.

Jumping is the hardest part of every AC and Whisper quest.
TheBruceWayne
im disappointed in the teaser trailer. usually im pretty hyped about such things but was barely moved by teaser.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.