*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,787 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bungie is taking a blasting on reddit today. This week's TWAB did not go over well
redbaron788
AG
About trials still being held off?
titanmaster_race
redbaron788 said:

Seems to be about a lot of things, but trials still being kept out until at least season 8 seems to be in the center of things.

As much as I love destiny, I'm siding with the frustration camp. The lack of transparency from the devs is really just getting old. If they've indeed put the bulk of their people on destiny 3 development as opposed to destiny 2 content (which is highly likely), I think just about all of us would be ok with that, but instead of telling us and being honest about the fact that destiny 2 content is less of a priority than creating destiny 3, we hear nothing..... The amount and quality of the season pass content has been a disappointment at best, and 4 weeks away from the season of the drifter, we have no clue what is actually coming with the season. Exotic drop rates are still awful, seals are locked behind infuriating RNG gates (I still have not had a single drop of the dreaming city ship, sparrow, or ghost shell across any of my three characters), and the loot pool of a looter shooter game is rather shallow.

I love the world of destiny that Bungie has created, but I'm pretty much done with D2.
Naveronski
AG
titanmaster_race said:

redbaron788 said:

Seems to be about a lot of things, but trials still being kept out until at least season 8 seems to be in the center of things.

As much as I love destiny, I'm siding with the frustration camp. The lack of transparency from the devs is really just getting old. If they've indeed put the bulk of their people on destiny 3 development as opposed to destiny 2 content (which is highly likely), I think just about all of us would be ok with that, but instead of telling us and being honest about the fact that destiny 2 content is less of a priority than creating destiny 3, we hear nothing..... The amount and quality of the season pass content has been a disappointment at best, and 4 weeks away from the season of the drifter, we have no clue what is actually coming with the season. Exotic drop rates are still awful, seals are locked behind infuriating RNG gates (I still have not had a single drop of the dreaming city ship, sparrow, or ghost shell across any of my three characters), and the loot pool of a looter shooter game is rather shallow.

I love the world of destiny that Bungie has created, but I'm pretty much done with D2.

I agree with this.

It's still fun to play, but I don't feel like I'm working toward anything anymore.

Maybe better rolls, and I'd like some of the exotics I don't have, but ultimately I realize the game is over.
redbaron788
AG
I am disappointed to hear all this apathy with Destiny.

Mostly because I was counting on y'all to help me get a Prestige Leviathan raid...
Beezy2389
AG
I'd be down for whenever.
redbaron788
AG
Alright, one down four to go!
kill0509
AG
I'm your Huckleberry.
Pac1698
AG
I also still need to get a prestige clear, so say when.
redbaron788
AG
Alright, how's next week for y'all?
I won't have time this week with family in town and the last iron banner of the season
Pac1698
AG
Sounds good to me Red!
titanmaster_race
I can help. Just let me know when
redbaron788
AG
Alright so far we got:

Red
Beezy
Kill (that's a name I've not heard in a long time)
Boomer
Mid

Looks like we need one more to jump back in with us next week.
Who amongst the rest of you shall forsake the Anthem?
Pac1698
AG
I'm sure we can get Daazer to help as well.
kill0509
AG
Hey, someone finally ran up the raid signal!! Y'all know how to reach me if you need some help!
Prime0882
AG
I'm in need of the prestige raid to finally platinum the game if there is still room! Be nice to get the band back together and play a bit again!
titanmaster_race
JRC0811 said:

I'm in need of the prestige raid to finally platinum the game if there is still room! Be nice to get the band back together and play a bit again!

I've done a prestige clear before, so I don't mind sitting on the bench in the party if others need the clear.
redbaron788
AG
Alright, are there any days next week that don't work for y'all?
Daazer
I can help whenever needed.
kill0509
AG
Man, I wish I had that ability to just collect stars with a generic response! This daazer guy has mad skills!!
Bulldog73
AG
Star this post if you think Kill was just star begging.
kill0509
AG
Later in the week is better for me as I can get online earlier. Once basketball shuts down in a couple of weeks, I'll have more availability earlier in the week then. Iron Banner will be over after reset?
kill0509
AG
Nope, game respect game!!

There's no star padding in the Nerdery, we do it legit!! Not like those folks in the Premium...
titanmaster_race
redbaron788 said:

Alright so far we got:

Red
Beezy
Kill (that's a name I've not heard in a long time)
Boomer
Mid

Looks like we need one more to jump back in with us next week.
Who amongst the rest of you shall forsake the Anthem?

You're making a big assumption that we will pick up Anthem. It has a 67% on metacritic right now. All of the reviews so far are mixed, not a single one of them is positive. I really want anthem to be awesome, but it looks like a swing and a miss so far.
titanmaster_race
Also, don't y'all forget to do the Oracle engine this week and get your lore.
redbaron788
AG
Right, how does Thursday night 9/8c work for y'all?
Beezy2389
AG
Still talking next week right? Not tonight?

Also, I need to grind the Nokris strike still if anyone can help tonight. Also open to running Shattered Throne.
Beezy2389
AG
Some big changes to Gambit in the next season

• Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death. This will speed up Gambit matches overall and add a change of pace to the final round.
  • Overhauled how we choose the invader spawn location and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian.
  • Implemented Idle Protection which means that players that remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match rewards or Infamy points.
  • The Triumph "Light vs. Light" can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.
  • Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
    • Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
    • Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
    • Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.

Edit: also biggest news is Hunter's will be able to see their entire cloak when inspecting it.
Prime0882
AG
redbaron788 said:

Right, how does Thursday night 9/8c work for y'all?

Works for me!
Pac1698
AG
I can grind the nightfall with you and I still need to complete the shattered throne for the exotic quest.
canadiaggie
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Some big changes to Gambit in the next season

• Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death. This will speed up Gambit matches overall and add a change of pace to the final round.
  • Overhauled how we choose the invader spawn location and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian.
  • Implemented Idle Protection which means that players that remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match rewards or Infamy points.
  • The Triumph "Light vs. Light" can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.
  • Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
    • Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
    • Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
    • Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.

Edit: also biggest news is Hunter's will be able to see their entire cloak when inspecting it.
That completely changes mote deposit strategy and super strategy for round 1 and 2
Beezy2389
AG
I'm on now whenever you're ready just hop in
redbaron788
AG
Sorry. Yes next Thursday, last of the month
Pac1698
AG
Sorry Beezy, I wasn't able to get on last night. I should be on tonight, so send me an invite if you get on.
titanmaster_race
If y'all wanna play tonight, send me a psn msg. It'll go to my phone if I'm not actively online.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.