*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,743 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I did a bunch of milestones last night but barely made any light level progress. Kind of frustrating when you go through 3 games of gambit and 5 crucible matches and get a lower ll drop than what you have in a slot.

3 helmets in a row same light level. 2 of them came from completing the dreaming City which particularly hurt
Prime0882
AG
Saxsoon said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

I did a bunch of milestones last night but barely made any light level progress. Kind of frustrating when you go through 3 games of gambit and 5 crucible matches and get a lower ll drop than what you have in a slot.

3 helmets in a row same light level. 2 of them came from completing the dreaming City which particularly hurt
I had the opposite happen last night... got drops for all my lowest level items last night, two of them 10+ increases in LL.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
JRC0811 said:

Saxsoon said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

I had the opposite happen last night... got drops for all my lowest level items last night, two of them 10+ increases in LL.
Prime0882
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

JRC0811 said:

Saxsoon said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Bulldog73
AG
I'm still in the 530s on LL. I was excited to play some yesterday (home with a sick kiddo), but she decided she'd rather snuggle, so that was a far better option. I'll catch up eventually, probably right in time for Destiny 3.
Naveronski
AG
Saxsoon said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

I'm holding out hope for an Enhanced Heavy Lifting and & power ammo finder/MG reserves

If only.
Pac1698
AG
We ended up starting the shattered throne late (for me at least) last night. We have the check point for the first boss encounter. I think you all were running the shattered throne earlier in the evening, but feel free to join us if you need to run it on an alternate character.
titanmaster_race
I know crown was talking about coming to guardian con in July. Anyone else thinking about going? Since it's in my new city I pretty much can't not go
Saxsoon
AG
Pac1698 said:

We ended up starting the shattered throne late (for me at least) last night. We have the check point for the first boss encounter. I think you all were running the shattered throne earlier in the evening, but feel free to join us if you need to run it on an alternate character.
Yeah if I am on message me.
redbaron788
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I know crown was talking about coming to guardian con in July. Anyone else thinking about going? Since it's in my new city I pretty much can't not go

Hmm, that does look tempting. And it is right before my birthday
titanmaster_race
redbaron788 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Hmm, that does look tempting. And it is right before my birthday

Do it
Prime0882
AG
Shattered Throne tonight, Mid?
Saxsoon
AG
Actually did pretty good on insight terminus at 630 light and entering it not realizing it was the insight terminus portion of the forge quest, having the wrong super and exotics, and getting it all locked. Got the boss halfway down but went to orbit. Hope to find someone else to help with that tonight before heading to an event
titanmaster_race
JRC0811 said:

Shattered Throne tonight, Mid?

Yeah I could swing that for a bit
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Completed the Izanami Forge last night, and boy is it a grind to even get to do the forge. The forge itself might be the easiest of the 3
TheBruceWayne
I agree on both. Only reason I'm going to unlock on other chars is for when the next power increase is and can boost weapon LL quickly.
Saxsoon
AG
Woke up early and did the forges before work

Got the bow with archers tempo and rampage

Got the pulse with kill clip and outlaw. Has expanded clip which increases clip above 50 vs 40, but the reload is pretty slow. Great for adds with outlaw but rough to use against other stuff because the reload becomes super slow
koadie
AG
Arcinic Bite? It's a curated role, and easily my favorite one. If, however, I can get one of the other bows with that combo, I may change it out.

Eph: 2:8
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I'm thinking he may mean the forge bow that you can get this week
koadie
AG
Oh crap then that's a good one!!

Naveronski
AG
Saxsoon said:

Got the pulse with kill clip and outlaw. Has expanded clip which increases clip above 50 vs 40, but the reload is pretty slow. Great for adds with outlaw but rough to use against other stuff because the reload becomes super slow

If you're a hunter, the slow reload is easily countered by sealed alakazam gloves. Or whatever they're called. Free reload on melee, pairs well with blade barrage's three knife melee.
Saxsoon
AG
Warlock lifer
koadie
AG
Naveronski said:

Saxsoon said:

If you're a hunter, the slow reload is easily countered by sealed alakazam gloves. Or whatever they're called. Free reload on melee, pairs well with blade barrage's three knife melee.
Perfect!

TheBruceWayne
since mid is busy tonight does anyone want to do scourge of the past 3x on first encounter tonight?
koadie
AG
So, I don't know if anyone has unlocked the last forge, but one of the quests prompts you kill 20 minotaurs. I actually found the best place to do it if you don't want to load in a strike and bail over and over again is the middle area on nessus where the only public event is the cabal drill.

There is frequently at least one minotaur in the area if you look left and down. If you kill it and just reload into the area you can get it done pretty quick. Also, the black armory bad guy that spawns in the area happens.

TheBruceWayne
I loaded into the exodus crash strike as long as I get a bullet in I can get 4, two at beginning and two near the middle on the right next to a big stone pillar.
koadie
AG
I tried that, but I was having struggles loading into strikes vs an instance. But I guess it would depend on the population on the server.

spieg12
AG
koadie said:

So, I don't know if anyone has unlocked the last forge, but one of the quests prompts you kill 20 minotaurs. I actually found the best place to do it if you don't want to load in a strike and bail over and over again is the middle area on nessus where the only public event is the cabal drill.

There is frequently at least one minotaur in the area if you look left and down. If you kill it and just reload into the area you can get it done pretty quick. Also, the black armory bad guy that spawns in the area happens.

You don't even have to reload the area. Just walk back toward the cliff and it respawns endlessly.
TheBruceWayne
koadie said:

I tried that, but I was having struggles loading into strikes vs an instance. But I guess it would depend on the population on the server.
I have that ssd so I usually had the jump on people.
TheBruceWayne
also I believe spire integrations have like 5-10 minitours an event
koadie
AG
I think this was a PC issue... I tried that, and the goblins respawned frequently but no minotaurs.

That said, if you had that work, then awesome! The hunt for specific types of enemies is a dumb quest step in my opinion. I'd prefer to have to find a big boss kill it, scan an object and take it to the forge itself all in one step.

Quote:

This is also true, but I was just doing this while I waited around. I didn't mean to cause a stir, just trying to help others be efficient.

TheBruceWayne
koadie said:

I think this was a PC issue... I tried that, and the goblins respawned frequently but no minotaurs.

That said, if you had that work, then awesome! The hunt for specific types of enemies is a dumb quest step in my opinion. I'd prefer to have to find a big boss kill it, scan an object and take it to the forge itself all in one step.

Quote:

This is also true, but I was just doing this while I waited around. I didn't mean to cause a stir, just trying to help others be efficient.
we all are trying lol
koadie
AG
So, I generally like the forges. They are difficult enough to be fun, even after you get higher in power. But getting them unlocked is tedious. There is nothing compelling about the quest activity, and I legitimately wish the would let Ada-1 grow as a character.

Anywho...

Just realized I responded to you, that was just meant to be me thinking out loud. The office is dead today, so I have a lot more free time than usual.

Pac1698
AG
I'm down to give it a go. What's the light level requirement? Also Daazer and I need 1 more to help us get past the first boss in the shattered throne. Just let me know if anyone can help us out.
titanmaster_race
TheBruceWayne said:

since mid is busy tonight does anyone want to do scourge of the past 3x on first encounter tonight?

I'm available tonight!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.