*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,923 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
Prime0882
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone working on the Solstice armor stuff tonight? I worked a little on it last night but need to start the Gambit/Strikes grind for some of the pieces Forewarning to whoever joins me in this - Gambit gets me riled up.
redbaron788
AG
I'll help with that if we can get a 100k nightfall in too
Prime0882
AG
redbaron788 said:

I'll help with that if we can get a 100k nightfall in too
I'm down for that, too... still need two 100k nightfalls overall for the Truth quest.
Prime0882
AG
FYI, don't turn in your bounties until you unlock the blue set of Solstice armor. Have to turn in 50 bounties overall to get through that set.
Beezy2389
AG
Huh... Shadowkeep just got pushed back from Sept. 17th to Oct. 1st

Cross-save is being enabled "later this summer" but Deej also said "later this month"

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48032

Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Cross-save is being enabled "later this summer" but Deej also said "later this month"

Read this as well. I'm happy to hear the season and the Solstice events are being extended and we'll get an additional Iron Banner to complete that mega quest. I might try to get the Solstice armor on my warlock as well, instead of just my Titan.

Also, Borderlands 3 was coming out around the same time so it'll be nice to be able to leisurely play that and not get behind the Destiny grind.
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

You going to be on tonight, Beezy? I know Red and I are interested in grinding some of the requirements for the armor and doing a 100k nightfall, if you're interested.
Beezy2389
AG
I can probably get on. Hanging out with the parents but we'll see.
Saxsoon
AG
Good call to extend it. Never would have happened with activision
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Beezy2389
AG
Oh... Oh God no... No... No... No...

Xur has One Eyed Mask with enhanced hand cannon targeting

Winter's Guile
Rocket Launcher Loader - Momentum Transfer - Enhanced Impact Induction
Shotgun Scavenger - Sniper Rifle Scavenger

Stomp-EE5s
Fusion Rifle Dexterity - Submachine Gun Dexterity - Traction
Arrow Scavenger - Scout Rifle Scavenger

One Eyed Mask
Pulse Rifle Targeting - Pump Action - Enhanced Hand Cannon Targeting
Linear Fusion Rifle Reserves - Special Ammo Finder

Actually he's got good gear for everyone
Prime0882
AG
Just bought one of each.
Saxsoon
AG
Hey question for the clan not destiny related. As quite a few of you know, I live up in the Seattle area. I am currently researching about looking into a position in my company that now has a Plano office. How is the plano area, would you live (in this case for now renting) or stay somewhere else. Trying to keep commute under 20 minutes.
Naveronski
AG
Saxsoon said:

Hey question for the clan not destiny related. As quite a few of you know, I live up in the Seattle area. I am currently researching about looking into a position in my company that now has a Plano office. How is the plano area, would you live (in this case for now renting) or stay somewhere else. Trying to keep commute under 20 minutes.

Plano is nice. That whole area is expanding like crazy.

Schools are good, restaurants are good, suburban yuppie life is good. Better be rich, though.
Saxsoon
AG
Naveronski said:

Saxsoon said:

Plano is nice. That whole area is expanding like crazy.

Schools are good, restaurants are good, suburban yuppie life is good. Better be rich, though.

Define rich. Seattle prices have definitely skewed my view of rich and poor.
AggieVictor10
AG
Howdy neighbor. I can't really speak for Plano rent prices but I have friends in that area so I can ask but if you're renting a 1BR up here, you could prob afford a comparable 1BR in Plano.

I'm in downtown Bellevue now, overpaying for a shoebox right now and I bet I could get a decent 1BR in Plano for the same rate.
Prime0882
AG
I was talking to Red about working on getting the Crucible pinnacle weapon Recluse and how all I need to do is grind to Fabled to earn it. Not sure if anyone else wants to join us, but I'm assuming we may start working on it in the next few weeks.

If anyone wants to join - be prepared for a lot of cursing coming out of my microphone.
Saxsoon
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

Howdy neighbor. I can't really speak for Plano rent prices but I have friends in that area so I can ask but if you're renting a 1BR up here, you could prob afford a comparable 1BR in Plano.

I'm in downtown Bellevue now, overpaying for a shoebox right now and I bet I could get a decent 1BR in Plano for the same rate.

I am paying 775 in Northgate but my roomie is also the owner. We are paying for his mortgage so we aren't being screwed over by the rest of the market. Probably would pay $300 more elsewhere nearby. Been a few years since we ran into each other at Pax. Hope all is well. You still with your old company?
titanmaster_race
JRC0811 said:

I was talking to Red about working on getting the Crucible pinnacle weapon Recluse and how all I need to do is grind to Fabled to earn it. Not sure if anyone else wants to join us, but I'm assuming we may start working on it in the next few weeks.

If anyone wants to join - be prepared for a lot of cursing coming out of my microphone.

In!
East Coast Ags unite!
titanmaster_race
Anyone wanna help Prime and I grind tier 3 reckoning for a notorious armor set this week? I'll also be grinding to upgrade my chalice. Trying to get the solstice of triumph triumph done before the 27th.

Feels good to be back!
Prime0882
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Anyone wanna help Prime and I grind tier 3 reckoning for a notorious armor set this week? I'll also be grinding to upgrade my chalice. Trying to get the solstice of triumph triumph done before the 27th.

Feels good to be back!

I'm in! (Obviously) I'm almost tempted to just try to grind for the other parts of that triumph and wait for the 7 September changes to the mode. I do know we need to get tier 2 of it knocked out this week, though!
A is A
AG
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48058
Beezy2389
AG
Titan Bubble gets weapons of light as default

I'm gonna do a recap of a lot of the new info coming out but it won't be until later
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

I'm gonna do a recap of a lot of the new info coming out but it won't be until later
What's up stranger... Mid comes back and you disappeared. Excited that the Titan bubble appears to be viable again with the new xpac!

Weapons of light + the Saint 14 helm's blindness/blessings buff may just become my go-to again!
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Beezy2389
AG
Armor Customization Preview

Random
  • Getting rid of the displayed level above a guardian and replacing it with a class symbol (titan, warlock, hunter)
  • Ghost and Sparrow are visible behind the guardian in the inventory screen
  • Glimmer cap is raised to 250,000
  • Artifact Slot returns
  • Reworked some of the void subclasses (bottom tree tether gets melee/grenade synergy, titans bubble gets armor of light (inside bubble) and weapons of light 15 seconds outside of bubble.

Armor
  • Solstice of heroes legendary set will be upgraded to 2.0 at Shadowkeep launch (receive from Banshee)
  • Each armor piece now has 6 stats as they are reintroducing intelligence, discipline, strength while keeping the D2 stats (mobility, resilience, recovery), out of 100 points with tiers every 10 points.
  • Exotics are automatically updated to armor 2.0
  • All Legendary armor sets will drop as 2.0 armor (planetary, dreaming city, escalation protocol, etc.) but pulling from collection will be the old fixed rolls.

Armor Mods
  • No default perks for armor, armor is now tied to an element and will have a random number (1-10) of points to spend on placing mods on your armor.
  • Masterworking your armor will increase the amount of points you can spend on mods and fully masterworking it will give all of your armor stats a bonus +2 points.
  • Mods are assigned and grouped by elements. Can't put an enhanced sniper rifle targeting mod on an arc piece of armor as it's always a void mod. Sounds like armor will be randomly assigned an element each time it drops.
  • Each armor mod has an energy cost (ie. enhanced sniper rifle targeting costs 6 energy).
  • Mods are not consumed when used. Once you acquire the mod once it can be used on any number of armors forever.
  • Ammo finders are now tied to specific weapon types (scout rifle ammo finder). Supposedly the drops are more reliable and will visually glow to show its from the perk activating
  • Mods are dropped from a few different sources (gunsmith selling it, gunsmith upgrade packages, world engrams, better perks come from pinnacle sources (iron banner))
  • Can use two of a single mod type (sniper scavenger and hand cannon scavenger on one piece of armor but you can't double up on a single mod like sniper rifle scavenger)

Armor Appearance
  • Press down on the d-pad while inspecting armor to view cosmetic changes
  • Ornaments don't override exotics
  • Universal ornaments to put on legendaries

Beezy2389
AG
New Bungie Post made today
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48064

Main focus is they are changing up how leveling works.

• First, all gear you own will automatically be brought up to 750. They want a level starting point for all new and returning players.
  • Legendary engrams have a chance to drop the same level of your overall light level. Easier chance to bring up that one armor piece that's holding you back.
  • Prime engrams are earned but not given until level 900, youll get more per week but are a smaller bump in level.
  • You'll HAVE to complete pinnacle activities to earn gear above 950. There's no grinding prime engrams to reach max level anymore.
  • Seasonal artifacts allow you to earn special mods only equippable during this season. They might be experimental or powerful mods with reduced energy cost. Upgrading the seasonal artifact will also provide global overall power level buffs. Meaning a small bump to all characters (only used for damage calculations, not for boosting armor drops)
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

New Bungie Post made today
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48064

Main focus is they are changing up how leveling works.

• First, all gear you own will automatically be brought up to 750. They want a level starting point for all new and returning players.
  • Legendary engrams have a chance to drop the same level of your overall light level. Easier chance to bring up that one armor piece that's holding you back.
  • Prime engrams are earned by not given until level 900, youll get more per week but are a smaller bump in level.
  • You'll HAVE to complete pinnacle activities to earn gear above 950. There's no grinding prime engrams to reach max level anymore.
  • Seasonal artifacts allow you to earn special mods only equippable during this season. They might be experimental or powerful mods with reduced energy cost. Upgrading the seasonal artifact will also provide global overall power level buffs. Meaning a small bump to all characters (only used for damage calculations, not for boosting armor drops)

Thank you, Beezy! Even if the info comes from Luke Smith himself I don't believe anything until I've read your recap.

You ever going to play again? Mid misses you.
Beezy2389
AG
Thinking about it. Should be getting the house on the market in the next week or so. Once I do, it'll be nothing but sitting on my ass all day playing video games while trying not to make a mess in case someone wants to come check view the place.
dcaggie04
AG
So with cross save coming next week, I will be moving from Xbox to PS4 for Destiny since nobody on the Xbox clan plays anymore. So, I will expect you guys to assist me in getting all the exotics and raid runs that I need before Shadowkeep.
titanmaster_race
You're finally selling it? I was starting to think you were gonna live in the country forever.
Prime0882
AG
dcaggie04 said:

So with cross save coming next week, I will be moving from Xbox to PS4 for Destiny since nobody on the Xbox clan plays anymore. So, I will expect you guys to assist me in getting all the exotics and raid runs that I need before Shadowkeep.
We always look forward to playing with fellow guys from TexAgs! It'll be nice to have another seasoned vet in the mix even if you are a dirty XBox player.

Right now mid9012 (titanmaster_race on here), redbaron788, Beezy2389, and myself (Prime0882 on PSN) still actively get together a lot if you're looking for someone to do something with. We've generally hit most every activity in the game, so we'll probably be down for whatever. If you have sensitive ears you should probably not join me in Gambit.

I'm pretty tempted to buy the xpacs on PC if they go on a deep sale one day so I might be playing there in the future too.

FightinTexasAg15
AG
I've been out of the country, but I'm back and ready to go for Shadowkeep! I'll be on the next couple nights getting my solstice grind on
Saxsoon
AG
dcaggie04 said:

i have been playing solo for the last month mostly grinding for solstice stuff but will be on for shadowkeep. You can add me Saxsoon (same tag)
Saxsoon
AG
Very happy with the changes announced so far. What that gal did in the armor 2.0 stream effectively always having an arc buddy was bonkers
titanmaster_race
It'll be good to see you back on! Are you moving back to Texas?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.