*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,749 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
Luke Smith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think we're back to the "not a lot to do". The forges were kind of a let down, niobe labs was a dud. I still need to run the new raid but that's about it. I'm 650 so I'm only doing the activities I want to do but don't have a ton of drive to play right now.

They need to give us strike specific gear (not exclusive to nightfalls), and more armor (that looks good and has enhanced perks) that we can grind out

The only thing I plan on doing this week is trying to get Jotunn to drop
Saxsoon
AG
I am ok with it slowing down a little. Destiny can be a job (an incredibly fun one) and it was super fun to hop back on smash bros last night as well as tales of vesperia. And when kh3 comes out I will be lucky to get back on for the last word quest. All I know is that this is the longest streak I have been connected with the game ever, even going back to d1.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Yeah I'm okay with a little break.

Destiny is a ton of fun but it can also get to feel like you have to run stuff so you don't get behind, so it's nice to have some time to just get in and do a couple fun things a week and have some time for other stuff.
kill0509
AG
I'll alwaus hop back on for a raid run, I'm just not high enough light level at the moment for the new lair runs that were going recently. Basketball season is officially in full swing so I have a LOT less time for Destiny!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Datto, Mtashed and Byf have all been playing Anthem and releasing videos. They seem to have a positive impression of it
Tex117
AG
Id still like to run the new raid, but other than that, I'm looking for a nice little break to play Anthem and a few other games.

Forsaken really did have one hell of a streak.

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
koadie
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Datto, Mtashed and Byf have all been playing Anthem and releasing videos. They seem to have a positive impression of it

I'm buying anthem on PC. Frostbite engine is going to be beautiful at 90fps 144hz
TheBruceWayne
I'll be getting anthem on ps4 as will spieg and a couple of our friends
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I was pretty cold on it but all the videos that have come out recently look pretty good so I may end up getting it. Going to try the beta that's coming in a couple weeks, but looks fun.

koadie
AG
This is my determining factor as well. I know I said I'm going to get it, but I want to play the beta beforehand. If it doesn't feel good, then i'm out.
TheBruceWayne
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I was pretty cold on it but all the videos that have come out recently look pretty good so I may end up getting it. Going to try the beta that's coming in a couple weeks, but looks fun.

It's a demo not beta, they skipped beta
canadiaggie
AG
It looks like destiny with Mass Effect Andromeda's gunplay. I really don't know how to feel about that tbh
titanmaster_race
Interesting article. I think there is indeed a significant content drought on the way. Not sure how I feel about the rest of the article though.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/1/14/18182364/bungie-activision-split-destiny-2-items-microtransactions
spieg12
AG
canadiaggie said:

It looks like destiny with Mass Effect Andromeda's gunplay. I really don't know how to feel about that tbh

From the videos I've watched, gunplay looks secondary. Cooldowns on abilities are really fast so depending on the javelin you're playing as you may not even use your weapon.
titanmaster_race
Prime and I will be running scourge of the past Friday night. We would love to have a full 6 person clan fireteam, but if not we will lfg the remaining spots. Either way, we will be doing the raid.

Start time ~8pm EST
redbaron788
AG
Yooo, count me in
Pac1698
AG
I'm down to give it a go.
Saxsoon
AG
Pencil me in, doing a quick confirmation of plans tomorrow night
Saxsoon
AG
Ok I am in. Might take a quick break in the middle because roommate is making chicken tenders
Saxsoon
AG
Have a good shotty and whisper at a good light level. Also have a ghost with quick equip for sparrows. Also maybe not a bad idea if you have hard light to get it up to a high level because depending on your position at one point, having the ability to attack different shield will be helpful
Naveronski
AG
Saxsoon said:

Also maybe not a bad idea if you have hard light to get it up to a high level because depending on your position at one point, having the ability to attack different shield will be helpful

For that fight, I run Riskrunner/Hammerhead, and blade barrage. Whisper is very handy too.

We run it with three people on top, and each mix elements to provide coverage as well as possible.

It should be SOP to have Whisper at this point, and the catalyst is farmable solo.
Saxsoon
AG
Sorry going to be out afterall damn
titanmaster_race
FYI if you still need lore entries from the black armory pages book, there is a fantastic cheese. Put on the lowest possible gear and weapons you have (Hawthorne has some 300 LL gear for you), load up Gofannon forge, step away from the PS4 and let it run all night. The forge timer is fast enough that you won't get booted for inactivity. I did it last night and came back this morning to all of the lore entries.

Supposedly it's going to be patched soon, so get it while you can.
Naveronski
AG
You also get a ton of planetary mats, so win there too.
Naveronski
AG
Yesterday was very productive; finished my whisper catalyst and finally got Shards of Galveston to drop.
spieg12
AG
Naveronski said:

Yesterday was very productive; finished my whisper catalyst and finally got Shards of Galveston to drop.

I don't think you want those!
Naveronski
AG
Damn autocorrect.

I'm leaving it though.
Prime0882
AG
Anyone interested in starting up the farm for the Sleeper catalyst again? I'd be interested in that or a SoTP raid this week.
Saxsoon
AG
I could do scourge tonight
Saxsoon
AG
Were y'all able to get the clear Friday?
titanmaster_race
Saxsoon said:

Were y'all able to get the clear Friday?

Yep!
titanmaster_race
Really enjoyed it. I'm down to do it whenever I'm on, but I won't be on tonight.
Saxsoon
AG
Btw I will be playing the anthem demo Friday night with some friends but if we have an open spot in the party by all means message me. Or just hop in the chat
TheBruceWayne
Saxsoon said:

Btw I will be playing the anthem demo Friday night with some friends but if we have an open spot in the party by all means message me. Or just hop in the chat

I'll be playing the demo all weekend and the weekend after so if you need someone else
TheBruceWayne
So the last word huh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.