*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,780 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
Beezy2389
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://lowlidev.com.au/destiny/maps/dreaming-city/1370818879?origin=d2checklist
Beezy2389
AG
Gonna need some more help with Strange Terrain tonight if any one is down.
Beezy2389
AG
New Bungie ViDoc coming on Thursday talking about the new season.
Prime0882
AG
We still good for Thursday? I need the melodious timbre of some of y'alls voices in my earhole while we wipe at a prestige raid...
redbaron788
AG
Still the plan for me.
titanmaster_race
Not sure if I can do Thursday, we will see
redbaron788
AG
Just checking in with everyone for tomorrow. Don't want to leave folks out or wait for people not showing up if I can help it
kill0509
AG
I'll be around. I can be an alternate if y'all have more than 6.
FightinTexasAg15
AG

Beezy2389
AG
The Allegiance quest, previously forecast as the Joker's Wild weekly quest, will invite you to choose between the Vanguard and the Drifter. Pick a side to progress through the quest from their perspective. This pledge is character based, so if you have more than one Guardian, you can play both sides. Choose wisely!
Beezy2389
AG
Something important for those who quit Black Armory early.

They are adding Power Surge Bounties which will drop a full set 640 level gear. The ViDoc said it'd take about an hour or two to complete.

Beezy2389
AG
A whole pretty webpage for more information

Gambit Prime/The Reckoning Armor

Hopefully the new perks on these actually force people into these roles instead of everybody playing like they normally do.

PvE End Game Activity

Seems like it'll feel a lot like the haunted forest from the festival of the lost except there is an end point you have to reach before the timer ends.

New Weapons

Small(ish) Titan Shoulders!

New Pinnacle Weapons

Omolon Scout Rifle! Aaannnddd it's not Hung Jury

The final season will be called "Season of Opulence" and will clearly play back into the leviathan/Calus storyline
Prime0882
AG
Fine... I'll start playing again. Looking forward to a tweaked Gambit mode I can lose my ever-loving mind to while yelling at y'all. It'll be fun!
Beezy2389
AG
I was thinking this was the player character but he's known as "The Stranger"

Here is the Press Kit with a bunch of screenshots.

Press Kit
redbaron788
AG
Sheeeeeiit, you won't yell at us. You'll just mute yourself first so we don't hear it
Prime0882
AG
redbaron788 said:

Sheeeeeiit, you won't yell at us. You'll just mute yourself first so we don't hear it

I may have gotten to that point... Don't want to alienate my fireteam.
canadiaggie
AG
The gambit roles is a cool idea.
Beezy2389
AG
koadie
AG
I'm always interested in the drifter's story. His lore is pretty cool!

Eph: 2:8
Beezy2389
AG
Quote:

Last year, we talked about our efforts to give you more control over how you purchase Eververse items. We released the Prismatic Matrix as an experiment to partially address this, but we believe we can do even better.

For Season of the Drifter, we want to try something new. We will be removing the Prismatic Matrix. Instead, every week, there will be unique bundles available that can be directly purchased for Silver, allowing you to directly buy exactly the items you want. All unique bundles will also contain an exclusive vanity item available only through that weekly bundle.

If you currently have any Prismatic facets, you can still use them up until March 5. After the beginning of the new season, they will turn into Expired Prismatic Facets that will dismantle into 150 Bright Dust. The Bright Dust Storefront will also continue to offer a direct path to acquiring items found within Bright Engrams.

As always, we will continue to monitor feedback and work to improve the Eververse experience each season. And when we are ready to try something new, we will share those plans directly with you.

Hate this.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Ya, that's BS.
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Quote:

Last year, we talked about our efforts to give you more control over how you purchase Eververse items. We released the Prismatic Matrix as an experiment to partially address this, but we believe we can do even better.

For Season of the Drifter, we want to try something new. We will be removing the Prismatic Matrix. Instead, every week, there will be unique bundles available that can be directly purchased for Silver, allowing you to directly buy exactly the items you want. All unique bundles will also contain an exclusive vanity item available only through that weekly bundle.

If you currently have any Prismatic facets, you can still use them up until March 5. After the beginning of the new season, they will turn into Expired Prismatic Facets that will dismantle into 150 Bright Dust. The Bright Dust Storefront will also continue to offer a direct path to acquiring items found within Bright Engrams.

As always, we will continue to monitor feedback and work to improve the Eververse experience each season. And when we are ready to try something new, we will share those plans directly with you.

Hate this.
But, can you blame them? Bungie split from Activision, which we all hope betters the game (and future games) in the long run, but, they're going forward without the resources Activision provided. Have to bring in revenue somehow.

I'm fine with this as long as it always remains a purely cosmetic purchase.
Beezy2389
AG
But like this.

New Taken Nokris (at least visually like him) and new Taken dogs
Beezy2389
AG
True, but how long until we see the Super Black shader in a bundle that cost $15? There are a lot of options to turn the Prismatic Matrix into something different but have it still be useful. My suggestion is you should be able to earn 3 Prismatic Matrix per week and then use those to directly unlock old season's Eververse items from your Collections tab. Exotics cost 3, Legendaries cost 2, and Blues cost 1.
Beezy2389
AG
Here is some of the new bright engram gear...

Eating Chicken Emote

Malfesance Ornament, Ships, Last Word Ornament (same as before), Sparrow, Ghost Shell

Actually like the some of the armor pieces this season.
Beezy2389
AG
Notes from the Fireteam Chat Podcast

Power Surge Bounties
-power surge bounties directly in response to community feedback
-completing all four bounties gives you enough gear to get up to 640 (hour or two max)
-power surge bounties are split between different activities, mentioned: PE, crucible, and strikes

Gambit Prime
-gambit prime power levels work the same as normal gambit (only matters for invasions)
-piece of armor is given one of the four roles (random?)
-perks are not tied to armor, but the tier of the armor
-wearing enough pieces gets you "pinnacle perk" for the role
-you can mix and match pieces to get lower tier perks from different roles
-armor will have color depending on role it rolls, but only glows+aura if you have the pinnacle perk
-you will be able to get pinnacle perk without a full set
-perks will ONLY WORK in gambit prime
-Deej: "You will not cheese raids with gambit prime armor."
-prime matches will usually last 6-10 minutes
-roles evolved naturally out of how community played gambit
-robbing motes from enemy bank is specific to prime
-if you have more than two blockers on your bank you will start losing motes, why sentry is indeed an important role
-mote count is up to 100 in prime
-pinnacle collector perk lets you take 20 motes and summon an even bigger blocker
-pinnacle invader perk makes you a blocker, you'll lock the bank when invading and drain motes if you go near it
-new maps will be exclusive to gambit prime for a time to "make them feel special and new"
-boss mechanics are a "tier above" what they've done before in a matchmade activity

Gambit
-during new third round of gambit (sudden death) everyone will get "juiced up" to burn down primeval
-meatball no longer tied to "curse week"
-new maps will be exclusive to gambit prime for a time to "make them feel special and new"
-gambit private matches will work just like gambit, even if you load in alone
-private matches will allow you to turn off true sight for invaders, powerful enemies

The Reckoning
-playing gambit prime will get you "synths"
-you will jam synths into a bank in reckoning to make a mote
-play through tier of reckoning to get a shot at role specific armor piece of that specific tier
-reckoning will work like a 4 player, matchmade public event. once you're in, you're in till you decide to leave
-NOT easy like a public event
-matchmaking will fill in gaps if people leave
-will get rewards for completing, but only gambit prime gear if you put in synths
-timers in the reckoning have different functions, "some count up", "some you'll get time back"
-boss mechanics are a "tier above" what they've done before in a matchmade activity

Invitations of the Nine
-nine weeks, long term story telling
-will NOT be a system in place if you miss a week, think Queen's Court
-bounties are directly tied to Xur

Allegiance Quest
-your choice will follow your character throughout the season
-people with only one character will not be able to see the other side, "tough decision to make" for those players
-want the decision to matter
-"Allegiance quest is relatively straight-foward, and then what happens after that is...well I don't wanna give too much away."

Misc.
-Deej: "You can't fire a shot in our game without us knowing."
-Deej mentions being visted at the studio by someone who had played "more gambit than any other human"
-Deej: "Take the players eyes and put them in your skull."
-Deej: "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!"
-They decided not to stream anything about gambit prime beforehand because it'd be "robbing players" of the experience
-they'll showcase the mode in a dev setting in three streams (bungie bounties) in the three weeks after release
-New seal and title in Season of the Drifter, will not give the name
-Iron Banner will allow players to buff themselves by a certain power, or DECREASE their power (currently 100)
-new emblem will track amount of kills while under this "iron burden"
-Iron Burden will give a "higher cadence" of rewards and maybe some cosmetics
-they "don't know" if you'll be able to get two head shots and walk away and get a kill with thorn
Beezy2389
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Gambit Prime
-if you have more than two blockers on your bank you will start losing motes, why sentry is indeed an important role
-pinnacle collector perk lets you take 20 motes and summon an even bigger blocker
-pinnacle invader perk makes you a blocker, you'll lock the bank when invading and drain motes if you go near it

The Reckoning
-reckoning will work like a 4 player, matchmade public event. once you're in, you're in till you decide to leave
-matchmaking will fill in gaps if people leave
-timers in the reckoning have different functions, "some count up", "some you'll get time back"

Invitations of the Nine
-nine weeks, long term story telling
-will NOT be a system in place if you miss a week, think Queen's Court
-bounties are directly tied to Xur

Allegiance Quest
-your choice will follow your character throughout the season
-"Allegiance quest is relatively straight-foward, and then what happens after that is...well I don't wanna give too much away."

Misc.
-Iron Banner will allow players to buff themselves by a certain power, or DECREASE their power (currently 100)
-"Iron Burden" will give a "higher cadence" of rewards and maybe some cosmetics

Some highlights
Beezy2389
AG
Also, Xur is adding Forsaken gear to his loot pool next week. Fated Engrams still only offer old gear unfortunately.
Saxsoon
AG
OK I am back in for some gambit. And holy **** straight up calling him Dredgen
Beezy2389
AG
Glad to have you back, BUT the Drifter is A Dredgen not Dredgen Yor.
titanmaster_race
So the division 2 beta is pretty fun
Beezy2389
AG

Quote:

The more petals Lionel swept into his garbage bag, the more there seemed to be. His back, slightly crooked with age, burned in protest as he continued to stoop and work.

A man in a long coat stood watching him on the opposite side of the long hallway. Lionel figured he'd go away eventually, but the man stayed, idly flipping a green coin.

"Can I help you?" Lionel asked, growing annoyed.

"They make elders do this? Can't the maintenance frames handle it?"

"Speeds things up. The petals get everywhere from the whatever the kids call it."

"Crimson Days."

"That's the one."

"Come on! No one's too old to celebrate Crimson Days."

"My wife died the day the Tower fell."

The man stared at the ceiling. Lionel continued to sweep.

"I got nothing to do today," the man said. "Let me take care of this for you."

"No, thanks."

Lionel dumped another dustpan full of petals into his bag, then turned and walked right into the man's outstretched hand: palm up, full of glowing, sapphire cubes.

"Lotta Glimmer," Lionel said, eyeing the money and the man in turn.

"Yours. Let me finish this job for you."

"You a Guardian?"

"It's complicated."

Lionel stared down at the pure material potential sitting in the man's hand.

"I'll take your vest and hat, too," said the man. "Please."

The man took off his coat and put on Lionel's orange vest. He put on Lionel's hat and pulled it low, covering his eyes. As he walked, he passed a frame diligently sweeping the connecting antechamber, and paused to point back toward the petal-strewn hallway he'd just come from. "You missed a spot," he said. The frame stared at him, then at the hallway. It marched towards its new objective.

The man continued his walk.

Warlock Aunor Mahal brushed past a maintenance worker in an orange vest emptying a trash can into a large plastic bag. The door to the Consensus closed heavily behind her.

The Vanguard and representatives from various City factions had gathered around a massive table. Cayde's seat was empty.

"The Drifter poses no immediate threat to the population," Zavala was saying to the Consensus as Aunor approached. "Therefore, we motion to grant him a more permanent lease"

"My Order disagrees," she cut in fiercely.

Zavala turned. With a slight incline of his head, he gestured from her to the rest of the group, "This is Warlock Aunor, representing the Praxic Order."

"I have paperwork to file, so I'll make this short," she said. "If the Vanguard is willing, the Praxic Order would like to excise the Drifter from the City. Immediately. We'll do it ourselves."

Zavala turned to look at her. "The Praxic opinion is noted. But the City welcomes all Guardians"

"He's no Guardian."

"The City welcomes all of humanity who are willing to stand in defense of the City."

"Commander, with due respect, you asked the Order to have a voice in this discussion." She looked Zavala in the eye, and swept her gaze around the table to address the Consensus and Ikora. "The Praxic Order has existed since the founding of the City to keep artifacts of the Darkness out of Guardian hands. In our opinion, the Drifter represents as great a threat to our people as Ghaul or the Taken King."

"Go on, girl," Executor Hideo said, steepling his fingers.

"She is no 'girl,'" Ikora hissed.
Aunor ignored them both, continuing, "The Drifter has convinced the Guardian population to use the Taken as a weapon. To murder Guardians."

"There have been no final deaths," said Zavala.

"That we know of," Aunor replied. "You're allowing that man to normalize interaction with the Taken."

Ikora and Zavala shared a look.

"The past few months, the Praxic Order has seen a historic number of Guardians go rogue."

"'Rogue,' 'rogue,' what is 'rogue,'" Arach Jalaal said. "Everyone is a rogue now. It is fashionable to be a rogue."

"You'll see it in my report," Aunor said. "Some have adopted the name 'Dredgen.' You want my professional opinion? Ideas are powerful things, and the Drifter has too many. Board that travesty he calls a ship and throw him out an airlock, before the City sees another Dark Age."

The Vanguard and the Consensus looked at her in silence.

"I have paperwork to file," she said again, turning around. "You know where my office is." As she left, she saw that same maintenance worker had fallen asleep in the entrance way, hat over his eyes, leaning against a trash can. She narrowed her eyes.

Some good lore regarding the Praxic Order, Drifter, "Dredgen" titles, and the concern of us using the Taken during Gambit.

Also surprised to see Zavala defending the Drifter here.
Beezy2389
AG
Also, I missed last weeks post but damn, the Drifter seems straight up villainous.

Quote:

Drifter scowled at a notch on his glaive as he buffed the blade with a heavy cloth. A large attach case rested heavily at his feet.

He and Joxer were back aboard the Derelict. The Titan held his head in his hands. His glowing armor suffused the room with a blood-red warmth.

"Cheer up, brother," Drifter said. "That didn't go too bad."

"Three Guardians are dead," Joxer replied, looking up to stare straight at the rogue Lightbearer.

"That's right," Drifter quipped, continuing to clean his weapon. "In the dirt. Never comin' back. Their Ghosts got sloppy. You give Taken the chance and they'll snuff out your Light. The fact that you're alive means your Ghost knows what he's doin'."

"You said this was a test run."

"Where do you think you are? The Crucible? Gambit Prime is for keeps, test or no."

"You son of a"

"Leave the name-calling to me, hotshot. Let's wrap up this debrief and get you paid."

"You could've helped them."

Drifter stood, slamming the butt of his freshly polished glaive on the attach case at his feet.

"You got yourself out," he said, leaning on the weapon. "You didn't need help."

"You could've stopped those Taken. You could've saved them all."

"I paid you to try on that armor. How's it treating you?"

Joxer was silent. "It worked exactly like you said it would," he finally responded. "I invaded the other side. The armor locked the Bank down, and I took their Motes right out of it, like they were mine." He looked down at the deck. "We wiped them out."

"Yes. Yes, you did," Drifter said, nodding along fiercely with each detail.

"You're giving everyone a set of these?"

"If they can build it themselves. I'll gladly provide the engram prints." He half-smiled. "Your fireteammay they rest in peacethey help you out?"

Joxer took his helmet off, rubbed his eyes. "We didn't use names, just like you told us. The the Warlock watched our Bank."

"Like a one-man private security company," Drifter nodded.

"He always seemed to know where the other Invader was."

"A Sentry worth their salt always does."

"And the Hunter. She was a beast. Tore those Cabal up like they were made of paper."

"Your team's Reaper," Drifter clarified. "She's like you, a born killer. But specializing in the enemies of humanity. Your Collector's best friend."

"Yeah, the Collector, one squirrely Titan. Hid a lot, grabbed a bunch of Motes."

Drifter snickered. "You thought he was useless, didn't ya?"

Joxer sighed. "'Til he dropped the meanest Taken I've ever seen on the enemy side."

"Brother, if you manage to summon a giant blocker?" Drifter shook his head, grinning. "That thing's gotta eat."

"We had them. We gutted the opposing team. It's just" The Titan stopped speaking. He didn't lift his head, still staring at the deck.

"The Primeval," Drifter said, with a touch of pride?

"That Primeval took us apart."

Drifter shrugged. "You found one that matched your strength. Lesson learned. Make sure your Ghost stays on his toes."

"They're all dead," Joxer said again.

"Yeah, in a town full of immortals," Drifter said. "Who'da thought? Their cut goes to you. And a little extra to keep, you know, the details outta sight from the Vanguard."

The rogue Lightbearer kicked the attach case across the deck. Joxer picked it up without opening it.

"More where that came from, if you want the work," Drifter said, leaning on his glaive again.

"You're on your own." Joxer stood and walked past the Drifter. He left the chamber, massive case in tow.

"You can keep the armor," Drifter called after him, not bothering to turn around.

As the Titan's footsteps echoed down the hall towards the Derelict's hangar, a Ghost emerged from a dark alcove.

"How much data did you pick up?" Drifter asked.

The Ghost's eye glowed a dark red as it projected patterns across the metal deck: scrolling streams of statistics and figures for each candidate in their roles. Three Ghost-feeds hung in the air, playing on loop. Each one restarted as the same massive Taken came into focus.

Drifter took it all in, his eyes reflecting the blood-red of his Ghost's Light. His smile was all teeth.
redbaron788
AG
Wow all this lore is pretty cool. If only it was given to us in-game via cinematics.

Any chance enough folks are getting on tonight to finish prestige?
Beezy2389
AG
Just got back from dinner, getting on now

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.