*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,770 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
TelcoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's it. Changing my name back to my original un-bullyable name, TawneeCaulk.
Saxsoon
AG
Ok having the ability to just burn fusion and shotty ammo again like destiny 1 makes me realize how awful it was to have those spotted as heavy ammo. I feel a lot more powerful being able to run around with those. Also got telesto the other night and man that is a fun fun which would have been hampered if I had to save it for my heavy
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Was messing around with a shotgun primary, fighting lion and a rocket launcher and it just felt so much better
BreNayPop
AG
Im geeked.
Bulldog73
AG
I tried some crucible last night, and I was worse at that than I am at Trials (which is really, really bad).
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Spoilers: New Playstation Exclusives. Weapon, armor and strike

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/30/destiny-2-forsaken-playstation-exclusive-content-detailed/
Beezy2389
AG
Gun: Cool
Armor: Dumb
Strike: Sounds good
Ship: Eh

At least they heard our cries about titan gauntlets being too big. Look at the concept art vs in game shot. At least its symmetrical?
Tex117
AG
Saxsoon said:

Ok having the ability to just burn fusion and shotty ammo again like destiny 1 makes me realize how awful it was to have those spotted as heavy ammo. I feel a lot more powerful being able to run around with those. Also got telesto the other night and man that is a fun fun which would have been hampered if I had to save it for my heavy
This, so much.

I don't know whos idea it was (or whether they had to), use the two primary and heavy system in Vanilla, but that person needs to no longer design video games.

It was truly terrible.

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
Beezy2389
AG
Raid will be minimum 520, recommended 550
Pac1698
AG
His name is Luke Smith and he's an arrogant a**hole. He was also responsible for taking away the random roles and implementing 4 vs 4 crucible. I can't stand him...
Saxsoon
AG
Read some of the leaked spoilers and lore coming with this and whoo boy, it is about to get sweaty in here with the deep lore they are going into. And the dreaming city will be sick
Saxsoon
AG
Ran patrols and public events last night and total am sitting at 350 mars planetary mats. It will be necessary with the weeks flashpoint to do some farming to store up on a healthy source of mats for infusion. Total probably have gained about 270 since the drop after playing for a few hours
Beezy2389
AG
Destiny is getting darker.

This lore is from Forsaken. A bit spoilery but shouldn't involve anything in the expansion itself, just background lore.

His Ghost was angry. I don't blame her.
"It caught me that she always used his proper name Callum and not his other. She still cared. Still hoped. Then she screamed.
"I drew and stepped into the light.
"Callum had his Ghost in his left hand. It was silent. With his right, he had stabbed her through the optics with a sickly dagger a tool carved from the jagged spikes fired from a weapon I shall not name.
"The Ghost was dead, and Callum just laughed. I think because he knew what came next.
"He and I had words. Told me I'd never kill 'em all. Then he dropped the shell and went for his shooter.
"I lit my fire and painted him on the wall without another word."
titanmaster_race
Pac1698 said:

His name is Luke Smith and he's an arrogant a**hole. He was also responsible for taking away the random roles and implementing 4 vs 4 crucible. I can't stand him...
zip04
AG
I just downloaded this since it is free for PlayStation Plus members right now.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Gambit is free today!
Beezy2389
AG
You'll have a bunch of stuff to do but you are limited by not having the 1st two dlcs. This promotion is actually a bit of a dick move because you cant get the new dlc without owning all previous dlcs and all the new players cant buy the new dlc without spending at least $60.

You'll want to join the clan by clicking the link on this thread's 1st page. That's how we'll send invites to you if you want to play with us.

Just give it a try and see how you like it.
zip04
AG
Expansion 1 and 2 are currently $19.98 combined.
Beezy2389
AG
But the forsaken expansion alone is $40. So you can get the two dlcs for $20 now and forsaken for $40 later or grab all of it in the legendary collection (includes the base game you just got for free) for $60. If you like it and want a physical copy it might be worth buying the legendary collection from somewhere like bestbuy.
zip04
AG
I'll play the original this weekend and see if I like it enough to spend money on it. I'm currently pretty invested into Fortnite (not financially since it is a free game), but time wise with fellow Ags.
Beezy2389
AG
Good news is you'll be able to play the original game as long as you want so you don't need to decide until you are ready. PvP is balanced so that your level doesn't matter. The only disadvantage is if the newer weapons end up being better. Also, there will always be aliens for you to kill but you'll probably get bored of visiting the same places and killing the same enemies. You won't have any problem catching up late either because it seems like 70% of this game is the chase. Chasing certain weapons, completing collections, etc.
Saxsoon
AG
At pax today and might stop by the bungie area and give gambit a shot there since they are giving out an emblem. In line for a panel from EA on anthem. Place has been wild. Got in for Kingdom Hearts and Smash Brothers. Good day so far
Beezy2389
AG
Also here are tips for how to make Public Events heroic...your fellow guardians will thank you if you learn this.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Played 5 games of gambit (with 2 other people in my group), some notes:

- it's a really fun game mode
- it's so much better playing with a team you know
- 3 of the 5 games I played at least 2 of the other team quit
- Pay attention to what the guy is telling you. My team was aware and was able to stop the invaders pretty easy
- Don't go in as an attacker without super or heavy
- DEATH HEALS PRIME EVIL
- Some people don't know to pick up the motes or bank them
- whisper is great to kill the prime evil. Sleeper is good for killing guardians
- heavy ammo spawns in the middle don't forget about it
- dying loses your motes
- Blockers cost 5,10 or 15 motes (small, med, large)
Beezy2389
AG
Forgot an edit there FTA

- Texas is not back
AggieVictor10
AG
Got an emblem code from PAX. Here for anyone that wants it:

9FR-J7D-KKP

Enter it on Bungie.net/redeem. I don't think it'll be available in your collections til after Forsaken launches.

Edit: The code has been redeemed.
Beezy2389
AG
Don't know if its still available but i'm letting you know I'm gonna take it at 6:50. Figured i'd give y'all a chance since I"m on the thread 24/7.
titanmaster_race
Sad that I can't play Gambit today. Sounds like it's a lot of fun
Saxsoon
AG
Just got back home and got to play gambit there with the new exotic bow. It shoots three arrows and. If you get a crit the next shot is chain lightning. Pretty fun. Got to use the void hunter and wrecked shop against guardians when invading. Killed three of them with it. We still lost though
Bulldog73
AG
Are heroic strikes gone? I'm working on warmind's glory and just ran a strike but didn't get credit (I have the handcanon equipped).
Beezy2389
AG
I think heroic strikes and regular strikes got pushed into one playlist. I wonder if that could be a bug from that.
spieg12
AG
They are being replaced by three different playlists. The highest being 500. They are not avaible until 9/4
Bulldog73
AG
Great news. Well, I guess onto defeating 10 levels of EP.
Naveronski
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

Got an emblem code from PAX. Here for anyone that wants it:

9FR-J7D-KKP

Enter it on Bungie.net/redeem. I don't think it'll be available in your collections til after Forsaken launches.

Already redeemed.
redbaron788
AG
Anybody need a nightfall tonight?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.