*****Official Destiny 2 Year Two PS4 Thread*****

161,907 Views | 2201 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
Prime0882
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I do!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I'd be interested
Beezy2389
AG
I'm interested but don't think I'll have the light level. I'll fill in if you don't get 6
titanmaster_race
Just so there's no confusion, I am talking about going into the raid blind
Saxsoon
AG
You get a triumph for every wish entered on the wall. I also want to institute a clan rule that the grunt birthday party wish be entered every raid run. It is right by the entrance and if one person takes each line it will go quick
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
kill0509
AG
I mean, I can open the door. Does that help? If so, you know I'm always down for a blind raid!!
Beezy2389
AG
Here are a few pictures of the codes for the raid

Here is the pattern to get an emblem

Here is the pattern to warp near a raid chest

Here is the pattern for the fun headshots
Nipperhell
PSN: Nipperhell
Power level is still a bit low but I'm down for anything.
Luke Smith
This place has been kind of dead recently!

Did anyone get some good rolled IB weapons? What's everyone's favorite guns of the expansion so far?
TheBruceWayne
Anyone want to try to do the first encounter of the raid tonight? We keep procrastinating
koadie
AG
So one really cool thing happened to me, and one really annoying thing happened to me last night.

1. ran blind well last night and a group of blueberry's dropped in an unstable thing. I couldn't even damage enemies, but could tether them. I ended up getting a weapon 10 light levels higher than my current light level when they finally killed the boss. that's the cool thing

2. I did the ascendant challenge, killed the boss and died at the same time. I did not complete the challenge because of it.....
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Just some random musings after this weekend:

I feel like Crucible is in a good place right now. I seem to see a wide variety of weapons being used. Sure, shotguns are popular but there are various hand cannons, pulse rifles, and autos on the field too. There seems to be a good spread of subclasses too.

I have a love hate relationship with Gambit right now. I love playing it but there are some things that bug me. Sleeper is just ridiculous and I think we all understand that lol. The other thing that bothers me is I feel like when you're ahead with your Primeval it can be more frustrating than when you're behind. From the games I played it feels like when you're ahead there's somebody invading with sleeper every 5 seconds to wipe your team over and over. I think the amount of times you can invade should be toned down.

Note about the raid (no spoilers), it is TOUGH.

In regards to your questions Spouts, I haven't gotten anything great from IB but I have a Better Devils with Outlaw and Kill clip that feels great. I got an AR from the raid that has a new perk (rapidly landing precision hits returns 2 rounds to the mag) and outlaw, and I like it except its an energy weapon which I like to keep for shottys and snipers.

Ikelos SG and Whisper/Sleeper are still some of the best for Gambit and the raid.

zip04
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I feel like Crucible is in a good place right now. I seem to see a wide variety of weapons being used. Sure, shotguns are popular but there are various hand cannons, pulse rifles, and autos on the field too. There seems to be a good spread of subclasses too.

I have a love hate relationship with Gambit right now. I love playing it but there are some things that bug me. Sleeper is just ridiculous and I think we all understand that lol. The other thing that bothers me is I feel like when you're ahead with your Primeval it can be more frustrating than when you're behind. From the games I played it feels like when you're ahead there's somebody invading with sleeper every 5 seconds to wipe your team over and over. I think the amount of times you can invade should be toned down.

In regards to your questions Spouts, I haven't gotten anything great from IB but I have a Better Devils with Outlaw and Kill clip that feels great. I got an AR from the raid that has a new perk (rapidly landing precision hits returns 2 rounds to the mag) and outlaw, and I like it except its an energy weapon which I like to keep for shottys and snipers.

Ikelos SG and Whisper/Sleeper are still some of the best for Gambit and the raid.

I have barely played Crucible and haven't played Gambit due to trying to get through the campaign first and get caught up as much as possible. However, I have a few questions for the PvP modes:

1. Is there a particular load out that is best for PvP? I understand some of this will depend on what a particular individual is better with (if your aim sucks, use a weapon that can sling more led), but with most PvP games, there are certain weapons that don't perform as well. I have not tried many different load outs, but I currently have best results with the Scout Rifle and Hand Cannon.
2. I haven't modded my weapons yet and I am a LL 341. I know Crucible is supposed to level the playing field, but I am assuming mods still work and it doesn't level out each of the weapon types by removing individual weapon perks. Therefore, being further along in the game with better weapons of a particular type is still a benefit.
3. Same with armor?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
zip04 said:

1. Is there a particular load out that is best for PvP?
As you said, a lot depends on what you feel comfortable with. At least so far into this meta it seems to be play with whatever you do good with.

I am no PvP expert or god but some tips I would say are:
  • It helps to cover your bases. If you have a short/med range weapon in your primary then run a med/long range in your secondary
  • That said, knowing the map I'm playing usually determines what loadout I use. If it's a small, tight and active map I''ll run a handcannon and shotgun, where if its an open map with a lot of room I'll usually go pulse rifle and sniper.
  • For heavy: Rockets are good for 1-2 quick kills if you have still targets or something like control where people might be clumped up. Grenade launchers are good if you can aim well and hit your targets, you can get a few kills. Swords are good for cramped maps where you can get up on people fast. Linear fusions are good if you can consistently hit head shots or for finishing up your teammates kills.
koadie
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

zip04 said:

1. Is there a particular load out that is best for PvP?
As you said, a lot depends on what you feel comfortable with. At least so far into this meta it seems to be play with whatever you do good with.

I am no PvP expert or god but some tips I would say are:
  • It helps to cover your bases. If you have a short/med range weapon in your primary then run a med/long range in your secondary
  • That said, knowing the map I'm playing usually determines what loadout I use. If it's a small, tight and active map I''ll run a handcannon and shotgun, where if its an open map with a lot of room I'll usually go pulse rifle and sniper.
  • For heavy: Rockets are good for 1-2 quick kills if you have still targets or something like control where people might be clumped up. Grenade launchers are good if you can aim well and hit your targets, you can get a few kills. Swords are good for cramped maps where you can get up on people fast. Linear fusions are good if you can consistently hit head shots or for finishing up your teammates kills.

A lot of the loadout questions depend on a few things like:

1. Game mode- for Iron banans I actually ran the two primary system because light matters and that put me at my highest light possible.

2. Map- Most of the maps are still suited to the 4v4 style, so you'll be able to do a lot of shotgun runs, that said, there is still the possibility of laning when necessary. Especially when you see an inexperienced player coming at you from across the map with the shotgun.

3. Play style- self-explanatory.
canadiaggie
AG
zip04 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

I have barely played Crucible and haven't played Gambit due to trying to get through the campaign first and get caught up as much as possible. However, I have a few questions for the PvP modes:

1. Is there a particular load out that is best for PvP? I understand some of this will depend on what a particular individual is better with (if your aim sucks, use a weapon that can sling more led), but with most PvP games, there are certain weapons that don't perform as well. I have not tried many different load outs, but I currently have best results with the Scout Rifle and Hand Cannon.
2. I haven't modded my weapons yet and I am a LL 341. I know Crucible is supposed to level the playing field, but I am assuming mods still work and it doesn't level out each of the weapon types by removing individual weapon perks. Therefore, being further along in the game with better weapons of a particular type is still a benefit.
3. Same with armor?
Not really an expert on mods since Forsaken dropped (been ultra busy this semester with law school + work) but I can answer the loadout question.

Loadouts depend on a handful of things, like the nature of the map (say, tight corners and winding alleys vs open lanes and side alleys). Go long range when it favors range. Go short when it favors short. Always useful to keep something like an auto rifle as a crutch for when you are having a hard time in the medium range game or if you need something that can bail you out when your short/long gun isn't working.

Another thing is your playstyle. I see styles as a spectrum: some guys are glory-seekers who run headlong into the enemy and rack up either 0 or 2-3 kills before dying. This is my main bud in my clan, my old college roommate when we were at A&M. They'll end up with 25 kills but on average a sub 1.5 efficiency rating and will have some pretty spectacular plays where they do a whole team-wipe or something. Then there are guys like my clan leader who are PvP gods and can do whatever and get 5 efficiency. And then there are guys like me who hang back, play corners and alleys, run support for allies, and get 15 kills while posting a 2.0+ efficiency rating, but if I do anything else, like try to play like a glory seeker, I'll have a really bad game. Adjust your loadout to match your style.

If you meet the happy middle ground between your personal preference and the style required by the map, you'll play well enough to not be a detriment to your team every time.

BTW, some guns are useful noob crutches in PVP, meaning that you can play badly but the guns are OP enough to keep you above 1.0 efficiency. Graviton Lance was absolutely like this but I'm not sure if it's like this anymore since it's not like 25% of everyone is running Graviton as it was in the peak days. MIDA is a god crutch in any map with good lanes. Vigilance Wing is probably one of the best pulse rifles in the game, if not the best. Telesto is a pretty good crutch as well. Gambit has guys running Sleeper Simulant non-stop, but I don't actually have it yet so I can't comment on its PVP strength.

canadiaggie
AG
Any warlocks in here wish Bungo would bring back Tlaloc? Those were good times in Crucible - MIDA/Sniper until super, switch to Tlaloc, and then pop super only when the time was right.
TheBruceWayne
If anyone needs to do some blind well I'm down to help also need to do it on my second character, as well as the oracle engine mission on my hunter if anyone else needs it.
Luke Smith
I have a feeling that with this week's new milestones we should have a good amount of people that could attempt the first encounter of two for the raid.
Prime0882
AG
I'm down for some attempts on Wednesday/Thursday, if y'all are!
titanmaster_race
Going to a concert tonight so likely won't be on, but Wednesday/Thursday/Friday I am so down.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I think Thursday would be best for me too
redbaron788
AG
New PvP mode is up with three new maps

Prime0882
AG
You can also get a third Seed of Light this week. Not sure all the steps, but it's tied again to the Blind Well.
Saxsoon
AG
You can present your offering to the oracle engine and you get a chance this week to speak to someone that want available before

Also malfeasance is live through gambit

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/09/25/destiny-2s-timegated-malfeasence-quest-has-just-gone-live-in-forsaken/amp/

Gotta kill the anus boss
FightinTexasAg15
AG
And there's a new quest that may be linked to the Wish Ender bow
kill0509
AG
I won't be on til after dinner tonight(same for tomorrow), but I would definitely be down for some raid runs this week!! Maybe tonight and tomorrow can be a gear up night or two for raid runs later this week...
Saxsoon
AG
I hope to be on in 45 minutes if anyone wants to run the nightfall

Also for malfeasance you can get 6 people in the ogre 580 fight

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9iw4rk/you_can_have_6_people_in_the_new_corrupted_580/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=DestinyTheGame
koadie
AG
Saxsoon said:

Gotta kill the anus boss
at first you had my attention, now you've my curiosity
Saxsoon
AG
koadie said:

Saxsoon said:

Gotta kill the anus boss
Same boss as the end of the campaign, effectively a giant space anus
Saxsoon
AG
Hit 546, started the night at 539. Not bad.
Prime0882
AG
Saxsoon said:

koadie said:

Saxsoon said:

Gotta kill the anus boss
Same boss as the end of the campaign, effectively a giant space anus

Huh. So maybe it was the sound of this boss unlocking we heard in party chat Monday night.
TheBruceWayne
Crown___Black
titanmaster_race
Anyone had any luck getting the primeval servitor to spawn? Seems like this could be a very long rng grind just to get it to show, and then hope the randos I'm playing with are able to kill it before the other team does.
koadie
AG
read on reddit that you have to kill the priority targets before you summon him. Didn't get a confirmation.

Eph: 2:8

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.