BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,394 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Captn_Ag05 said:

With Angry Elephant heavy on hot dogs and Dat Dog coming to Northgate, are we at wiener overload?
I just can't bring myself to type it. smh
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Hard to pay $4 for a hot dog when you're not at a sporting event.
I don't think hot dogs at Der Weinerschnitzel will be $4

Quote:

With Angry Elephant heavy on hot dogs and Dat Dog coming to Northgate, are we at wiener overload?
Freddy's has dogs too
CharlieBrown17
AG
Dat Dog is going to kill it here. Glad I'll be here this summer when they open.
AggiePhil
AG
From what I'm told, Angry Elephant's dogs (like the Barack Obama and even the smaller Bill Clinton) are of the messy eat-with-a-fork type. Wienerschnitzel does solid eat-on-the-go dogs.
phatpat21
Eat on the go, straight to the bathroom
JayHowdy!
AggiePhil said:

Wienerschnitzel coming to Tower Point!

I think Wienerschnitzel would do very well down at Tower Point. There are a lot of young families looking for a quick meal. Hotdogs are about all that my 5 year old will eat.
PS3D
JayHowdy! said:

AggiePhil said:

I think Wienerschnitzel would do very well down at Tower Point. There are a lot of young families looking for a quick meal. Hotdogs are about all that my 5 year old will eat.

Tell to that to the Wienerschnitzel that used to be outside of the CS Walmart.
carpe vinum
AG
PS3D said:

JayHowdy! said:

AggiePhil said:

Tell to that to the Wienerschnitzel that used to be outside of the CS Walmart.
Stan moved for health reasons, nothing to do with business. Church's offered more than anyone wanting to keep the franchise.
eloc62
AggiePhil said:

From what I'm told, Angry Elephant's dogs (like the Barack Obama and even the smaller Bill Clinton) are of the messy eat-with-a-fork type. Wienerschnitzel does solid eat-on-the-go dogs.
eloc62
eloc62 said:

AggiePhil said:

Speaking of Angry Elephant's dogs, I was very excited to try them when they opened, but the place was so crowded soon after opening. Has it settled down a little bit? I really want to give them a try, but are their hot dogs worth it?
KidDoc
AG
eloc62 said:

eloc62 said:

AggiePhil said:

Speaking of Angry Elephant's dogs, I was very excited to try them when they opened, but the place was so crowded soon after opening. Has it settled down a little bit? I really want to give them a try, but are their hot dogs worth it?

Yes. Especially considering they are only about $8 with fries and very filling. Cheaper than Way back and probably Freddy's.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Broncos
I haven't had a hot dog there but the sandwiches are delicious.
BryanPooch
Checked the Walk-Ons Bisreaux site for upcoming locations today. They have been saying "North Colle Station" for a location. The site locator today shows 102 University Dr. East. That's the address of the old Pizza Hut. So, is this the location with a few other nearby properties? U-Uhaul is to t gge West, other possible sites are adjacent on the east.
It still seems like an improbable site. But, stranger decisions have been made. That would make four sports bars on University between Texas and Earl Rudder!

I'm just looking forward to it.
BryanPooch
susieq30
Angry Elephant does not have fries. Only homemade chips which I am not a fan of.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Oogway said:

Have any of you been to Nerdvana? (Longmire between Deacon and Rock Prairie). I sort of forgot about it, and drove past yesterday and was wondering how it is. My oldest was talking about playing a mean game of Ms Pacman and we may need to pay a visit to settle this. Is it worth the trip?

Yes it is awesome. I'd encourage anyone who enjoys either video games or 80s/90s nostalgia to go. Wana see this place stay in business.
Captn_Ag05
AG
BryanPooch said:

Checked the Walk-Ons Bisreaux site for upcoming locations today. They have been saying "North Colle Station" for a location. The site locator today shows 102 University Dr. East. That's the address of the old Pizza Hut. So, is this the location with a few other nearby properties? U-Uhaul is to t gge West, other possible sites are adjacent on the east.
It still seems like an improbable site. But, stranger decisions have been made. That would make four sports bars on University between Texas and Earl Rudder!

I'm just looking forward to it.

According to the CS development person, Walk-ons is going in south College Station near Saltgrass and where Gringos is going.
Oogway
I am glad some places are opening in that section of TP. That area, over by Saltgrass and the former Bush's Chicken doesn't look very good. It's being picky, I realize, and the development of the entire complex is not yet complete but I am underwhelmed by the overall appearance. It may be due to landscaping needing time to mature, but the whole thing has the effect of concrete boxes stuck in a cow pasture; which essentially it is. Like I said, it's picky and may need time, but that green space over by S&W is the only thing that breaks up the shimmering heat haze of concrete and glass. The area may be printing money hand over fist (save for the defunct chicken place) but it is not the prettiest development; the Caprock center across the way does it better.
opstx
AG
There's a new Ace Hardware in College Station - Texas at Southwest Parkway - SE corner. IMO this is a big deal, and this looks like a good store!
Broncos
Urban Table has a Twitter up. @urbantabletx

It's Chef Tai's South's CS bar/restaurant according to the Twitter.
KidDoc
AG
Broncos said:

Urban Table has a Twitter up. @urbantabletx

It's Chef Tai's South's CS bar/restaurant according to the Twitter.
Where exactly is this one located? It is strange that I haven't seen it yet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
carpe vinum
AG
New construction near Fitch/Barron
Geralt of Rivia
S
I think I've seen a sign for it at the Barron/Fitch intersection
mgreen
Tads Seafood has a food trailer set up in the lot where they are going to build. Odd since you can not get to it. Exposure I guess.
dave99ag
AG
What are the odds the strip center across from Tad's is built before they break ground?
susieq30
My daughter just sent me a pic of food truck at Tad's by Lowes. Has a sign that says boiled crawfish but they are not there today, probably because of weather. There is actually a shell or dirt drive through where it is set up.
carpe vinum
AG
You know it's authentic cajun if they truck up enough shell for a driveway/parking lot.
nashvilleaggie11
The owners of West End Elixir will be opening 5 Knocks Speakeasy coming May 2018.
Cyp0111
Where?
dave99ag
AG
It's a speakeasy, so the location is secret.
mgreen
nashvilleaggie11 said:

The owners of West End Elixir will be opening 5 Knocks Speakeasy coming May 2018.
More adult bars. Love it.
Oogway
I didn't see this on Page 1 but I skimmed it pretty fast.

The Smoothie King (in the strip center behind Valero and north of Scott &White off highway 6) is open. 7 days a week the sign said.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
mgreen said:

nashvilleaggie11 said:

More adult bars. Love it.

As opposed to bars for minors?
Geralt of Rivia
S

emtes
AG
AggiePhil said:

Hot Dogs Etc. still the place to go for dogs and fries in B/CS imo
emtes
AG
Gigem314 said:

LastHamlet said:

Casa Rod > Gringos
Will have to agree to disagree there. Casa Rod is the most overrated Tex-Mex in BCS.
I would go Papa Perez, San Jose, Jose's, and Cilantro over Casa Rod all day long

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.