BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,320 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
21st Century Classroom Building

(that's the official name)

JMac03
AG
Edited - I didn't see AGnCS post.
Captn_Ag05
AG
UmustBKidding said:

We could plant some trees and pave and have some portable basket ball goals etc. And maybe we can even put in a stage/ screen for live events. It could be called "the Grove".
Na jk, we couldn't so that.

They are actually planning on a new Grove out at the Gardens on west Campus:

Quote:

Grove Amphitheater

The Gardens at Texas A&M University will recreate The Grove, the original outdoor venue of Aggieland. Plans for the new Grove include a lawn amphitheater, concessions area, restrooms, performance stage and a movie screen.

https://gardens.tamu.edu/future-gardens/
AggiePhil
AG
You can't build "a new Grove." The Grove was it. Anything new will be...well, something else.
dgonzo99
JMac03 said:

Thanks - I couldn't figure that out looking at the photos on my phone.

On a separate note - I heard (not sure where) they are going to do a rebuild or something to that Chick-Fil-A in that parking lot - maybe that goes with it?
It looks like the Chick-fil-a is going to bigger than it is now, and they are going to have outside seating. They could use a lot more seating. It is impossible at times to find a place to sit at noon and on Saturdays.
mgreen
The new Republic opens the 26th. They had an invitation only party last night and sadly I missed the cut to be invited. Uurrgghh.
AgsWin2011
AG
carpe vinum said:

Heismenberg said:

Noticed some chain link fence up and trees cleared on Old Arrington behind the Blue Baker and Kiddie Academy in Caprock Crossing. Anyone know what the plan is there?
I think that is slated for multi family, so apartments..

Really? I know the area just south of the Mosque church will be apartments but the other side of the street will be as well?
carpe vinum
AG
Heismenberg said:

carpe vinum said:

Heismenberg said:

Noticed some chain link fence up and trees cleared on Old Arrington behind the Blue Baker and Kiddie Academy in Caprock Crossing. Anyone know what the plan is there?

Really? I know the area just south of the Mosque church will be apartments but the other side of the street will be as well?
I can't swear to it.
I just seem to remember that section was planned for multi family in the original plans a few years ago.
May be more upscale like condos, or they could have changed direction completely.
TXAGGIE10
carpe vinum said:

Heismenberg said:

carpe vinum said:

Heismenberg said:

I can't swear to it.
I just seem to remember that section was planned for multi family in the original plans a few years ago.
May be more upscale like condos, or they could have changed direction completely.

You are correct. Both complexes are for apartments.
AgsWin2011
AG
Well that sucks. Wish we could get more retail. Adding apartments is just going to cause for more college kids in the area.
australopithecus robustus
We don't need more apartments, restaurants, retail or hotels. We need more industry with more jobs to pay for everything we already have.
FlyRod
We need all of the above, actually. Or more accurately, BCS would simply be better with all of the above.
Vulcan
Polly's Cocina inside the gas station at RP & Wellborn seems vacated.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Vulcan said:

Whaaaaaat?
carpe vinum
AG
I vaguely recall they were moving to a new location.
PS3D
Vulcan said:

Not too surprised, since quality had been bad for years and the other two (or three?) locations had long since closed.

Also, FX video game store in the Kohl's shopping center is closing 12/31.
Collectonian
PS3D said:

Seriously? Man I love going there. I had some games to sell back to :-(
PS3D
Collectonian said:

PS3D said:

Seriously? Man I love going there. I had some games to sell back to :-(
My dad texted me something along the lines of "you got a call from a store called "FX" saying that you've got $19 in store credit and the store is closing 12/31, with their only other store in Waco".
JMac03
AG
They had no signs of anything up over the past week! We are there twice in the past weeks and a half (before that it had been quite a while). I wonder what happened. (Edit - referring to Polly's)
JMac03
AG
So I just called and Polly's is still open. I sounded like an idiot cause I wasn't expecting them to answer.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I was pretty sure that I'd seen people in Polly's the past few days. So wondered what that post was about
AgsWin2011
AG
Don't scare me like that. Polly's is the best Mexican in town (yes I know, shots fired)!
Tailgate88
AG
Polly's has been packed the last several times we have been. Seriously doubt they closed.
dave99ag
AG
It would take months to take down all the photos at Polly's!
NellCote71
Vulcan said:

I was at the drive-in tonight. Got my usual crispy beef tacos.
JMac03
AG
Nobilitea closed down sometime last week or so.

I just went to their Facebook and under one of their photos they mention they will be moving but no update to where or when, just to follow their corporate page.
Tailgate88
AG
Happy New Year's Eve all! Let's move the discussion to the 2019 thread:

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3011532
ratfacemcdougal
STAFFFFF. Lock 18 and sticky 19. Thanks
AggieBarstool
JMac03 said:

I just went to their Facebook and under one of their photos they mention they will be moving but no update to where or when, just to follow their corporate page.

Where? I'm on their FB and can't find anything. My wife is very disappointed. It was her favorite study spot.
JMac03
AG
AggieBarstool said:

JMac03 said:

Where? I'm on their FB and can't find anything. My wife is very disappointed. It was her favorite study spot.
Under their last post, in the comments. This is what it says.

Quote:

we will be relocating at this time of inconvinance. You may go to our web page and go to corprate for any further inquires. It will be a better updated place to welcome you all back too.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Dang

Spellcheck much?
mgreen
Did I miss the 2019 thread? Sorry. Found it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.