BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,961 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
litig8r187 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Cyp0111 said:

I think the more likely scenario is College Station ISD taking over large portions of the Navasota school district land near Welborn.

There is no way - repeat no way - Navasota ISD is giving up their boundaries and the taxes it brings. Someone's suggest this every few months and it shows no understanding of how school districts work.
That was brought up to the NISD School Board by several developers a number of years ago. NISD basically laughed and told them,, they (builders), would eventually cross that line and NISD will reap the benefits forever. There was no short-term offer they would make that would outweigh the benefit of keeping the land. Also, notice Navasota has been annexing into Brazos County for several years and I doubt they are finished with that move.

Kudos to Navasota for having the foresight to do that. It would be nice if COCS was able to look forward and be proactive in the same manner.

I imagine the NISD school board meeting went something like this:
Developer: families want to be zoned to CSISD, so please let COCS annex this area that you rightfully and legally annexed.

NISD board member: lol, you can EAD
EBrazosAg
AG
litig8r187 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Cyp0111 said:

I think the more likely scenario is College Station ISD taking over large portions of the Navasota school district land near Welborn.

There is no way - repeat no way - Navasota ISD is giving up their boundaries and the taxes it brings. Someone's suggest this every few months and it shows no understanding of how school districts work.
That was brought up to the NISD School Board by several developers a number of years ago. NISD basically laughed and told them,, they (builders), would eventually cross that line and NISD will reap the benefits forever. There was no short-term offer they would make that would outweigh the benefit of keeping the land. Also, notice Navasota has been annexing into Brazos County for several years and I doubt they are finished with that move.

County lines have nothing to do with City limits or school districts in Texas. Dallas is into Denton Co. ISDs cross county lines all the time. College Station has set up their extraterritorial jurisdiction to be able to annex into both Burleson Co and Grimes Co - and to be able to force a landfill into either without the county having a say in the matter.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CN
HortAg09 said:

Sweet Paris. I was looking for something to eat when I was in Rice Village with a buddy of mine and we wandered into Sweet Paris there. It was absolutely delicious. I'm so excited to see they have put one in at Century Square.
It was delicious. They're doing a soft opening so they're "practicing" and the crepes are discounted (maybe 50%?) We had 3 crepes and 3 drinks and our bill was around $23 total.

Storefront parking was $1 for the first hour but I didn't know that and parked in the garage which also cost $1 for the first hour.
aggiemom89
Kolache Rolfs Boonville location is permanently closed
JayHowdy!
Looks like Wayback Burger's space is for lease on Texas Ave.
JaneDoe02
AG
Does anyone know what's being built at the corner of Holleman and 2818? (The corner nearest the apartments)

Is it another gas station? It's not a very big pad.

Thanks!
isitjustme
AG
JayHowdy! said:

Looks like Wayback Burger's space is for lease on Texas Ave.
That may be, but they answered their phone and have regular business hours today. Maybe not for too much longer, though .....
Captn_Ag05
AG
I thought the Texas Avenue location was doing pretty good business.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Looks like a small strip center. Room for maybe 5 or 6 small businesses about the size of a Super Cuts or little donut joint
JMac03
AG
I saw a sign about a new strip center coming in front of Lowes on Fitch/Hwy 6. That's a really small area for a strip center.... (it was in the empty field to the right of the Exxon on Fitch)
amanda04
AG
The old Wiggles N Wags on Texas Avenue has been repainted on both sides with murals of Bryan and College Station. A new sign went up today that says "Planet K Open 7 Days" From a quick google search, it looks like a tobacco store with multiple locations in the Austin area.
crbongos
AG
What is being built on Veterans Park land on Univerdity? I know it's part of the park but is it another soccer field or something similar?
CRBongo
EBrazosAg
AG
removed after kevmiller removed his personal attack that didn't belong on this forum.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Juicy Crawfish opening soon on Texas near Target.
Turf-Ag02
AG
2 synthetic fields and a new parking lot
RNAggie
AG
Anyone know what is happening to the old Bush's Chicken on Texas in Bryan? Its gotten a paint job (white, black and red) and it appears that people are loading equipment into the building.
LightningDammitt
AG

NM
Geralt of Rivia
S
The post EBrazosAg responded to was deleted. I think it was posted sometime yesterday morning
LightningDammitt
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

The post EBrazosAg responded to was deleted. I think it was posted sometime yesterday morning
Thanks! I will edit mine, to remove the references...
Kitten With A Whip
RNAggie said:

Anyone know what is happening to the old Bush's Chicken on Texas in Bryan? Its gotten a paint job (white, black and red) and it appears that people are loading equipment into the building.
Word has it that the Huntsville based Mr. Hamburger is going into that location.

https://mr-hamburger.com/
EBrazosAg
AG
LightningDammitt said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

Thanks! I will edit mine, to remove the references...

Didn't see anything after mine until now. But a personal attack without reason on this forum isn't necessary ever ....coming and going is the thread I believe. Edited mine above as well. Good Bull by all.....
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

RNAggie said:

Word has it that the Huntsville based Mr. Hamburger is going into that location.

a menu that opens up as a Word doc? the menu does look good but c'mon.... a Word doc?
jrhmc
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

RNAggie said:

a menu that opens up as a Word doc? the menu does look good but c'mon.... a Word doc?
For some reason, people still don't know how to turn documents into pdf. Drives me crazy! (Sorry about the off-topic comment.)
Beau Bevers
AG
Lived in Huntsville for 6 years before moving back to CS. Mr Hamburger was a good burger. Good shakes too.
jac4
AG
Tried to go to Sweet Paris tonight for crepes. Not opened but seemed to be people training. Said they are trying to open by Saturday.

Went to Piada instead. Was pretty good and only $39 total for the family.
Kitten With A Whip
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

RNAggie said:

Well, I didn't design their website!
JayHowdy!
Beau Bevers said:

Lived in Huntsville for 6 years before moving back to CS. Mr Hamburger was a good burger. Good shakes too.

I agree. I ate there once while I was in Huntsville visiting. It is very good.
viejo
mgreen said:

AggiePhil said:

Howdy's Pizza looks to be a no-go.
I spoke with the owner a couple of weeks ago. They catered an event for us. He projects to open at the end of July. Pizza was excellent.
Did you ever have their pizza when they were Blacksheep/Granddandy's on Wellborn? Was it the same? I get the sense they're going to a more "gourmet" pizza from what they've said. I thought their traditional pizza was as good as any in town.

Or, are they going to offer both?
JMac03
AG
viejo said:

mgreen said:

AggiePhil said:

I spoke with the owner a couple of weeks ago. They catered an event for us. He projects to open at the end of July. Pizza was excellent.
Did you ever have their pizza when they were Blacksheep/Granddandy's on Wellborn? Was it the same? I get the sense they're going to a more "gourmet" pizza from what they've said. I thought their traditional pizza was as good as any in town.

Is it pizza to go? Or more of a sit-down? My only concern is there is RxPizza and Mad Taco right there close behind it. (although I was not a fan of Rx). I do like the pizza at Mad Taco).
Fleen
JayHowdy! said:

Beau Bevers said:

I agree. I ate there once while I was in Huntsville visiting. It is very good.

Good to hear, we live about 200 yards from it. The paint crew confirmed Mr. Hamburger when I asked them a few weeks ago...
ratfacemcdougal
BOTH
TXAGBQ76
AG
Why is that an issue?
LastHamlet
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Why is that an issue?

I was wondering the same thing. Who gives a crap of it's in word or PDF?
mgreen
viejo said:

mgreen said:

AggiePhil said:

Grilled pizza and I think sit down but not sure.
Captn_Ag05
AG
King Ranch Saddle Shop at Century Square announced that they will be keeping their store there permanently. It was originally launched as a seasonal pop up store, but sales were strong, so they are going permenant.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.