BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,918 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
gopitt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Century Square will end up being one of the best things to ever happen in CS. Very upscale , very diversified offerings in restaurants, hotels, shops, etc.
Love what they have done with a rundown area. It has become the new "in" place. Will gladly pay for parking.
Olsen
AG
Star Cinema Grill food and drinks menus

BlueMiles
AG
$5.25 for a Budweiser.

Edit: Forum code.
Captn_Ag05
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

No doubt. Makes one wonder just how much basis they have in with the public/private partnership. Maybe the atypical formula provides for possible ROI that allows for some gambling....

I was just saying I doubt the tenants get much if any benefit that the owners get from the private/public partnership - assuming you were talking about the prices of the movie theater. If talking about parking charges, nevermind.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Menu looks pretty good. Food prices are in line with what I would expect. Drink prices might be a little high for the market, but we will see.

The pictures of this place look great. Wonderful addition!
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans submitted to CS for the development of the Shops at University Town Center. It contains ten lots (one large 6.4 acre and nine .125 acre lots). The smaller nine lots appear to be along Lincoln, between Ashburn and Munson with the larger lot taking up the rest of the space between Lincoln and the parking area behind Razoos, etc. No indication of what, if any, tenants are lined up for this development.
You could probably fit a large supermarket (about the size of the old Randalls/Albertsons) and parking lot in there...
Captn_Ag05
AG
Do you know something?

There's zero street visibility from University there, so bit of a strange location to me.
The Anchor
AG
dstarr6442 said:

Don't those types of movie theaters typically have cheaper tickets and make their money off food? Because the other theaters in town are still cheaper than that. I guess trying to make money off of on campus students
No. Places like this have higher ticket prices to price out the type of people that disrupt the movie going experience.
CDub06
AG
Don't get excited about the food. It's about the same quality you'd get at a ballgame.
ChampsAg
Casa do Brasil now open for lunch
Tailgate88
AG
ChampsAg said:

Casa do Brasil now open for lunch
I'd have to take the afternoon off to sleep if I ate there for lunch!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Cheaper than at Olsen
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

Do you know something?

There's zero street visibility from University there, so bit of a strange location to me.
A grocery store would be a pretty thin chance considering all the four most likely candidates seem implausible at best. But it could work in theory, as it while it would be over 1,000 feet from the edge of the road, Market Street in Plano, TX (at Park Blvd.) is 1,100 feet from the road behind several restaurants and shops and still pulls in a good business. But again, I don't know anything other than that several grocery chains probably wouldn't open there.
KidDoc
AG
Lots of brush clearing going on behind Lowe's at Fitch, which is Lakeway drive although there is no lake in the area.

Anyone know what is going in that spot?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dave99ag
AG
There's a sign for a vet clinic. Looks to be associated with the Hwy 30 clinic.
iwarnedyou96
AG
The new vet clinic will be named South 40 Veterinary Hospital, Canine Boarding & Rehabilitation Center.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is that what is going in behind Lowe's?
emtes
AG
iwarnedyou96 said:

The new vet clinic will be named South 40 Veterinary Hospital, Canine Boarding & Rehabilitation Center.
Equine facility I believe
emtes
AG
https://south40equine.com/
KidDoc
AG
emtes said:

https://south40equine.com/
Ha I know where that doc lives I walk the dogs by his house sometimes and have seen that truck.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Three days without a post - there must not be much coming or going!

Anyone check out Star Cinema Grill yet? Thoughts, if so.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
My brother and I went Friday night, their official grand opening. Prices are GREAT for the experience tbh. I live in Houston and have been to theaters like this before but for double the price.

The lobby is very nice with a very big bar in the middle with tv's and couches all around.

We opted to go into our theater 45 minutes early to order food and drinks. I really enjoyed the set up and the servers were all very nice and clearly trained well in customer service (everyone offered to help and thanked us for coming in).

The food was good and not as pricey as I thought. The egg rolls are the best, definitely recommend those! The drinks were good, but we didn't explore the list like I wanted.

All in all, great experience and would definitely go back over the other theaters due to the experience and location to other nightlife.

***edit to add that my only complaint was that I could not find the men's bathroom in the lobby....the women's is clearly marked and in the main area but for the life of me I could not find the men's. Maybe it was because it was midnight and i was half asleep....but still....
OnlyANobody
Hibbett Sports has a sign on the pylon and is doing build-out work in Bryan Towne Center. (Target Center) They are located in the corner space where Styles for Less was.
emtes
AG
OnlyANobody said:

Hibbett Sports has a sign on the pylon and is doing build-out work in Bryan Towne Center. (Target Center) They are located in the corner space where Styles for Less was.
They are actually open. Stopped in there Saturday. They are having a grand opening in the coming days/weeks thought.
EBrazosAg
AG
OnlyANobody said:

Hibbet Sports a southern staple in smaller towns. Will be interesting to see if it makes it here. More common in the Starkville size places.
OnlyANobody
There was/is one in the mall for some time....
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
OnlyANobody said:

It always seemed empty to me.
bushytailed
AG
Overheard a TJ Maxx manager talking to a customer about the company wanting to build a Home Goods here in the next 2-3 years.

I'm not sure if that would happen if At Home comes to town.
Captn_Ag05
AG
New apartments to go in at Arrington and Old Arrington, close to Blue Baker.
emtes
AG
OnlyANobody said:

It is still there, and the employee at the Bryan Hibbett indicated that it will remain open..
Rapier108
Captn_Ag05 said:

New apartments to go in at Arrington and Old Arrington, close to Blue Baker.
Just what that intersection needs.
Rapier108
Douglas Jewelers has a going out of business sign up, along with a sign twirler out along University.
techno-ag
AG
Rapier108 said:

Douglas Jewelers has a going out of business sign up, along with a sign sign twirler out along University.

Too bad. The Arringtons sold it in 2013. I guess the new owners are closing it for good. Summer closings are in full swing, I guess.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Rapier108 said:

Douglas Jewelers has a going out of business sign up, along with a sign sign twirler out along University.

Funny, I thought they were out of business. If you look at the Google street view there is a person with a Douglas Jewelers Going out of Business sign standing on the street in front of the center. That image is from 2012!
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Rapier108 said:

Funny, I thought they were out of business. If you look at the Google street view there is a person with a Douglas Jewelers Going out of Business sign standing on the street in front of the center. That image is from 2012!
Yup. It was then sold and reopened under new mgmt.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.