BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,890 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Downtown Bryan across from LaSalle hotel
redd38
AG
Looks like Fox & Hound sign coming down today, so apparently negotiations not going well.
medjunkie
Thank you! Will have to check them out one morning on my way into clinic! And 3rd on main. All these places popping up make it hard to be a gastric patient lol
jrhmc
AG
medjunkie said:

Where is this place at?
3rd on Main is in Downtown Bryan
medjunkie
I know where 3rd on main is. I was where the kolache place was. I went back to look to see if I replied to the wrong post but I didn't I think the other person was confused. My husband told me where it was. We are going to 3rd on main today.
FlyRod
Pin Toh Cafe has reopened according to their Facebook page.
happyinBCS
How was it?
BryanPooch
A few of us old men are trying 3rd On Main after voting. Hope we'll be unanimous on it.
BryanPooch
cajunken
My wife and I went to 3rd on Main this past weekend for brunch. We split the "Morning After," which was plenty of food for the both of us. We also took advantage of the $3 mimosas, which is a great deal. It was definitely worth the drive to downtown Bryan and we will be going back to try a lunch or dinner this week.
JMac03
AG
So I dont venture to Bryan very often but went to try Mr. Hamburger for lunch. I thought Fritella's closed down? Have they been open all this time? (Not that it would have changed my mind to go).

If they have been closed - their lights are on and cars are in the parking lot.
OnlyANobody
I'm fairly certain they are still open, but it is for sale.
JMac03
AG
OnlyANobody said:

I'm fairly certain they are still open, but it is for sale.
Gotcha. I know he has been trying to sell it for YEARS. I want to say when he first was trying to sell it he was asking like a million for it. Not sure what he is asking now, but no one was gonna pay that.
trouble
AG
It's been open. We've eaten there multiple times since we moved back in June.
OnlyANobody
Yes, he's asking 1.6 and offering seller financing. Additionally, the Urban Bricks franchised location is for sale.
JMac03
AG
OnlyANobody said:

Yes, he's asking 1.6 and offering seller financing. Additionally, the Urban Bricks franchised location is for sale.
Does he own Urban Bricks too? Or was that just an FYI?

Are they asking an absurd amount as well? Maybe its just me, but 1.6 million for a not-so-great restaurant is crazy.
Cyp0111
What EBITDA multiples do restaurants usually trade at?
JMac03
AG
I have no idea. I do know he has been trying to sell that place for at least 7-8 years. Obviously no one has felt it was worth that price tag.
techno-ag
AG
JMac03 said:

OnlyANobody said:

Are they asking an absurd amount as well? Maybe its just me, but 1.6 million for a not-so-great restaurant is crazy.
If memory serves the last gas station I noticed for sale out on 21 at Wixon Valley, they were asking 3 million. Maybe that's a good point of reference. Or not, dunno.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair
JMac03 said:

So I dont venture to Bryan very often but went to try Mr. Hamburger for lunch. I thought Fritella's closed down? Have they been open all this time? (Not that it would have changed my mind to go).

If they have been closed - their lights are on and cars are in the parking lot.
*Frittella
OnlyANobody
JMac03 said:

OnlyANobody said:

I'm sorry, as that was confusing. It was just an FYI since I got both notices on the same day. No, the owners are not the same. U.B. owners are out of Seguin. I'm not logged into my account, so wouldn't be sharing info that requires a paid subscription or NDA. The one I'm assuming to be Fritella does require an NDA.

Urban Bricks Listing

8RB8

Fox & Hound closing?
trouble
AG
It's closed.
hihozippo
AG
Is the sonic on S. Texas by the CS Walmart going away? I noticed it looks like they're tearing it down.
trouble
AG
Completely rebuilding it
Broncos
4 days was too long without an update.
ChampsAg
Jersey Mike's shooting for end of December
medjunkie
driving by bushs- they had a food truck delivering food, guess they will be opening soon after all. I see the fire marshall there last Thursday.
BCSWguru
several vehicles in the parking lot at Bush's yesterday and lots of activity inside. color me shocked, but happy, they are re-opening.
RGRAg1/75
AG
ChampsAg said:

Good. Saw the coming soon sign was down and got worried something fell apart.
EBrazosAg
AG
LSCSN said:

several vehicles in the parking lot at Bush's yesterday and lots of activity inside. color me shocked, but happy, they are re-opening.
Which one - I assume the one on 21......
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Trackside Kolaches opened recently I heard and sold out everyday. We have made a rule to give places time to get the tweaking to operations done but wife is interested. Anyone been yet ??
I stopped here this morning on the way to work and got a pulled pork and a jalapeno sausage and cheese. I really liked both of them and will go again

Ordered an assortment yesterday AM. All were good IMO, but the pulled pork was a bit dry. Easy to do, however, and I will be back!
BCSWguru
yes, on 21.
medjunkie
Yes they are officially open. Signage says now open, people were inside and in the drive thru
eloc62
RGRAg1/75 said:

ChampsAg said:

Good. Saw the coming soon sign was down and got worried something fell apart
Great news, but what the heck is taking so long to open a sub shop?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.