BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,947 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
carpe vinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JMac03 said:

Does anyone know what is moving into the old 4H bldg on Hwy 6 S? They've been doing some remodeling on the outside (and I assume inside).
That's the new Art's Council.
jac4
AG
csag97 said:

techno-ag said:

KBTX on Lululemon's coming store at Century Square:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Lululemon-to--491030501.html
They will occupy the end-cap under the Studio Grill, across from King Ranch store.

RIP to my wallet.
jrhmc
AG
It's the new Arts Center office.
AggiePhil
AG
carpe vinum said:

JMac03 said:

Does anyone know what is moving into the old 4H bldg on Hwy 6 S? They've been doing some remodeling on the outside (and I assume inside).

That building has had a brief but interesting history. Fire station, 4H HQ, and now arts council.

Incidentally, what is happening to the "old" arts council building at Wolf Pen?
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Where did the State 4-H offices move to?
AG
AggiePhil said:

carpe vinum said:

JMac03 said:

That building has had a brief but interesting history. Fire station, 4H HQ, and now arts council.

Incidentally, what is happening to the "old" arts council building at Wolf Pen?
New Senior Center. The confiscated teen center wasn't enough apparently.
UmustBKidding
4h moved to the agrilife (taes) office on greens prairie and Lakeway. Not sure the implications but believe the fraud and corruption arts building was built with HOT funds and Sr center I can't see any was is an acceptable use of them. But pulling a fast one is not beyond belief. Now back to coming and goings.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans for Coopers BBQ

http://cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=26185

ETA: The plans call for a 15,534 square foot building. Seems quite large.
Chris98
AG
IHOP heading to South CS
95_Aggie
AG
That's kind of odd location for a BBQ Place. The access isn't all that great.
JMac03
AG
I agree. And if you google the address it doesn't pull up in the right place. I had to google Corsair Circle.
armymom
Looks like another restaurant with its backside facing the bypass. I just don't get that!
Captn_Ag05
AG
If they make the "back" of the building look attractive, I don't have a problem with it. I don't need to see a parking lot.
toolshed
AG
AGnCS said:

That's kind of odd location for a BBQ Place. The access isn't all that great.

Rock Prairie is one of the more prominent, heavily travelled roads in CS. This is the northbound feeder from Rock Prairie, easy to access from there. Or Corsair links to Emerald Parkway just before you enter Emerald Forest, so you can get there from the north side easily as well. It sits on a hill, in a very visible location.
eloc62
Chris98 said:

IHOP heading to South CS
I thought they were IHOB now. Anybody know how that's working out for them?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Since it was a publicity stunt and people are still talking about it, I guess it worked out as they hoped.
CDub06
AG
They were never changing their name. It was all about marketing their new burger menu. People lost their minds about it and gave them millions in free advertising.
James Russell
AG
Kluay Kluay Thai Cafe at 2818 & Villa Maria is now open.
Tailgate88
AG
James Russell said:

Kluay Kluay Thai Cafe at 2818 & Villa Maria is now open.

Did they move or is this a second location?
James Russell
AG
Second location.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Sweet, now I don't have to go all the way across town for my favorite Thai place. It's now 2 minutes away. Whoop!!
snaglepuss
Is that the old rodeo arena on Tabor Rd.?
bcstx06
I have gotten word that a major closure is coming to the mall before the end of the year. Can't say much now, but the news should come out soon.

I wonder what will replace it???
double b
AG
Has to be Dillard's or Macy's.
RGRAg1/75
AG
double b said:

Why wouldn't it be Sears? Or did they already close?
JMac03
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

double b said:

Why wouldn't it be Sears? Or did they already close?
Sears would be my guess.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Sears are closing all over.
eloc62
So I live out close to the Angry Elephant bar. I have not been there yet. I was waiting for the new place hype to die down. Two questions. Are the hot dogs any good, and can you a seat in there between 7:00-8:00 pm on weekdays?
mgreen
eloc62 said:

So I live out close to the Angry Elephant bar. I have not been there yet. I was waiting for the new place hype to die down. Two questions. Are the hot dogs any good, and can you a seat in there between 7:00-8:00 pm on weekdays?
Hot dogs are great and of course you can eat there at dinner time.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Two questions. Are the hot dogs any good, and can you a seat in there between 7:00-8:00 pm on weekdays?
We are there about once a week, usually on a weekday. The crowd has definitely leveled off since the opening day hype and crowds. We can usually get a table or a spot at the bar in the evenings. The hot dogs are really good, as is the rest of their menu (I like the cheese/meat platter).
TXAGBQ76
AG
Just curious; why does this matter?
armymom
For me personally I think it is about visibility. It would be marketing your business better if it can be seen well especially if it sits on a major thoroughfare. Why wouldn't you take advantage of that? I pass by the Stella daily and never think about it because I'm just seeing service doors on the backside. Doesn't tempt me to go there at all. Out of town'ers will never know it's there. As for seeing a parking lot I always check how many cars are in it before I try a new place when traveling out of town. Signs let you know it's there but if I don't SEE it I'm not turning around to go look for it. Just my opinion!
dallasiteinsa02
They could have put a few awnings with the color scheme on them. Then below a few faux windows with what looks like almost closed shutters then landscape.
Oogway
I could go for that design. Personally, I would rather face away from the noise and chaos of the highway or look out at that shimmering heat haze of exhaust. While the best designs disguise that no matter the frontage, it's an afterthought for many. As to Stella, perhaps they are figuring on many customers from the nearby hotel.
Ag2Max
AG
I hope it is Sears. Dillard's or Macy's would be a tough loss for the mall. Sears not so much!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.