BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

712,775 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That makes me hopeful. Sounds like they open too late to get the fall special releases but they know they exist which isn't always the case with "bourbon" themed bars or restaurants
EBrazosAg
AG
Ahh.. Grandy's......the days of double chicken fried steak platters and their breakfast biscuits. I had forgotten that used to be there. Makes sense.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gigem314
AG
MonkIsMyHero said:

Gigem314 said:

Quote:

Gringo's - South College Station
Glad to see this is still on the list...I hadn't seen anything on it for quite some time.

I hope it goes through. It would be nice to have a good Tex-Mex option in South College Station. Most of the places in B/CS are pretty overrated anyway.

Rumor is that the Gringos will now be a Casa Ole in South College Station. Kids love Casa Ole!
Jose Lima RIP
dallasiteinsa02
Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans submitted to Bryan for Canyon Creek Entertainment. What is that?
It is a really bad name for a subdivision.

BACKGROUND: The subject property is 7.76 acres in size, currently vacant, and adjoins the southwest side of North Earl Rudder Freeway between East Martin Luther King Junior Street and Water Locust Drive. The property owner, Bobby Miksch of Joseph-Robert Holdings, LLC, is proposing to replat Lot 1 in Block 1 of the Canyon Creek Entertainment Subdivision, to create two new lots, Lot 1R and Lot 3, proposed to be 1.302 acres and 6.453 acres in size, respectively. A 24-foot wide joint access easement is proposed to be dedicated along the front (Highway 6 Frontage Road) side of the property. The easement extends thought the center of the property to the west so that future development in the Canyon Creek Entertainment Subdivision will have access to State Highway 6
PS3D
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

BACKGROUND: The subject property is 7.76 acres in size, currently vacant, and adjoins the southwest side of North Earl Rudder Freeway between East Martin Luther King Junior Street and Water Locust Drive. The property owner, Bobby Miksch of Joseph-Robert Holdings, LLC, is proposing to replat Lot 1 in Block 1 of the Canyon Creek Entertainment Subdivision, to create two new lots, Lot 1R and Lot 3, proposed to be 1.302 acres and 6.453 acres in size, respectively. A 24-foot wide joint access easement is proposed to be dedicated along the front (Highway 6 Frontage Road) side of the property. The easement extends thought the center of the property to the west so that future development in the Canyon Creek Entertainment Subdivision will have access to State Highway 6
It's not really a "subdivision" in the residential subdivision type, my guess (which is what usually happens) is that a company doing business as Canyon Creek Entertainment filed for a subdivision plat but then pulled out before the company was ever built. It's the same reason why defunct businesses still have official subdivision names on the city rolls (Pooh's Park Subdivision, Randalls University Park).
Captn_Ag05
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Thanks - It looked like it might be residential lots, so I was thrown off by the name. Thanks for the background - good info.
chloelee
The old Church's in Bryan next to Shammy has a sign up OMG Seafood.
dave99ag
AG
I haven't seen any plans yet, but it sounds like Grace Bible Church is planning something on a plot of property right in front of Williams Creek subdivision on WD Fitch. Anyone else know their plans? Seems like an odd location.
mason12
AG
dave99ag said:

I haven't seen any plans yet, but it sounds like Grace Bible Church is planning something on a plot of property right in front of Williams Creek subdivision on WD Fitch. Anyone else know their plans? Seems like an odd location.
Aren't they already meeting at Pebble Creek Elementary on Sundays?
PS3D
mason12 said:

dave99ag said:

The "Creekside" campus is meeting at Pebble Creek until they build a permanent building. I think Williams Creek is where the permanent building will be built.
dave99ag
AG
mason12 said:

dave99ag said:

My guess is this will be a future location en lieu of Pebble Creek.
PS3D
Looks like within the past few days the Aerofit on Longmire has rebranded to Tru Fit (officially), though the sign closest to the road still says Aerofit.
eloc62
Just found Taco Crave in downtown Bryan. Looked at the menu. looks like somewhere I might want to try. anybody been there?
The Anchor
AG
I've been there several times. They opened either early last year or 2016. It is good. Good quality and price.
ChampsAg
They just celebrated their one year anniversary. We love it. Family owned and operated
fishngame06
AG
Agreed, Taco Crave is good and very under-mentioned/rated. I had been enjoying the free alcohol there for most of last year while they were waiting on their permit.
FILO505
AG
Anybody know the future for our Sam's?
TXNative
Are there any plans for a new grocery store near 158/Elmo Weedon?
OnlyANobody
It's difficult to find an "official" list, but here are the ones that Business Insider has heard of today:

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-suddenly-closes-sams-club-stores-2018-1
CEAg78
AG
Article says the affected stores have been removed from the website. CS Sam's is still listed.
PS3D
TXNative said:

Are there any plans for a new grocery store near 158/Elmo Weedon?

Do you have something to share?
Captn_Ag05
AG
I heard rumblings of a potential grocery store at University and Boonville. That has been months and I don't think anything has materialized, so wrote if off.
bcstx06
I have updated the front page, let me know if I have missed anything. I also added the grocery store rumor for Boonville and University Drive. I have also heard this rumor. I believe that area is reserved as retail before you enter into the new Oakmont neighborhood development. Does anyone know the current status of the Oakmont neighborhood development?
montegobay
Smoothie King on Rock Prairie and east side of 6(behind Valero station and in front of S & W Hospital) is now open. They do have a drive thru.
armymom
Cherry Blowout Bar is opening at Rock Prairie and 6 next to Honey Baked Ham. Now I know it's a salon but a first I was wondering how a tire shop was going to be in that shopping strip!
Turf-Ag02
AG
Heard a rumor that the Angry Elephant is open for business now, can anyone confirm?
CactusThomas
AG
Yes
RafterAg223
AG
Was pleased to find out today that Mad Taco now has a Saturday and Sunday brunch menu at both locations from 9:30 to 2:00, with an extensive menu ranging from breakfast enchiladas to a variety of breakfast taco options. Didn't take a long look at the menu, but I also seem to remember quite a few different brunch beverages. This is something that has been sorely missing on the South end of town for quite some time now.
MiMi
S
Went to Angry Elephant for an early dinner today . Nice bar and excellent hot dogs!
Sinuso
AG
Gotta add a +1 to all the thumbs up for Blake's Steaks! Had lunch there on Friday and it was awesome! Got the OG with grilled onions and it was the best cheese steak I've ever had. 8.99 but lots of meat and toppings; super fresh bread. Fries were 3.99 but there were enough for 3-4 people.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Is the new Whataburger open at SW Pkwy and Wellborn? I drove by yesterday and it looked like the parking lot was full
redd38
AG
Doink the Clown said:

Is the new Whataburger open at SW Pkwy and Wellborn? I drove by yesterday and it looked like the parking lot was full

Supposed to open tomorrow apparently.
rmarshall2014
AG
second location or moving?
eloc62
So I have driven by The Angry Elephant the past few nights wondering if it is open. I assumed it was due to all the vehicles in the parking lot. Hard to tell with no open sign in window and blacked out windows. Now that I know they are open, I will visit.
KidDoc
AG
eloc62 said:

So I have driven by The Angry Elephant the past few nights wondering if it is open. I assumed it was due to all the vehicles in the parking lot. Hard to tell with no open sign in window and blacked out windows. Now that I know they are open, I will visit.
Yes it is open we went last night. I had the Ben Franklin which is a hot dog with philly cheese steak on top of it. It was great but the home made chips were hit or miss some were chewy. They have a really impressive bourbon selection I had a glass of Blanton's which was exceptional as well.

It is a pretty small place I would say 30 ish seats or so. Cost was reasonable about $9 per dog with chips included.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.