BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

708,974 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
rocketscience
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/New-developments-coming-to-College-Station-in-2018-467757053.html
Carny89
Heb helped for Harvey in ways we needed. Kroger was slow to it. Heb wins in my opinion. Who eats vegetables anyways other than potatoes??
Geralt of Rivia
S
I tried Honolulu Poke House last night for dinner and really enjoyed it. I know they've been open for a few months, but just thought I'd share in case anybody has been considering going there.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Gigem314 said:

Quote:

Gringo's - South College Station
Glad to see this is still on the list...I hadn't seen anything on it for quite some time.

I hope it goes through. It would be nice to have a good Tex-Mex option in South College Station. Most of the places in B/CS are pretty overrated anyway.
Gringo's is vastly overrated.
AggiePhil
AG
It's ok.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
CJHajda said:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/New-developments-coming-to-College-Station-in-2018-467757053.html
Quote:

"We're going to open up a new concept on university between Embassy Suites and Aggieland Outfitters called Burger Mojo and it's going to be a 24 hour craft burger concept," said Dallis.
Just what we needed: another "craft burger" place...and open 24 hours. I can hardly contain my excitement.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I went there before the fall semester ended and thought it was ok.

The sushi bowl (not sure of the name but that's what's in it basically) at Aji Sushi is better
RGRAg1/75
AG
It's interesting to say the least. That location would make 4 on University within a mile stretch. From West to East: Hopdoddy, world of beer, new place, and Grub.
Tailgate88
AG
Kamei now has a Poke bowl as well... 8.95 for lunch, 11.95 for dinner and you can choose two of four fish choices (tuna, spicy tuna, salmon, spicy salmon) and three of eight or so sides (seaweed salad, edamane, cucumber, avacado...some other stuff.) and it's on a bed of sushi rice. Pretty dang good.
JayHowdy!
Doink the Clown said:

I tried Honolulu Poke House last night for dinner and really enjoyed it. I know they've been open for a few months, but just thought I'd share in case anybody has been considering going there.
I tried it as well. Thought it was very good.
bushytailed
AG
It's been open for a few weeks, but I finally tried Tanaka Ramen yesterday for lunch. The "rich tonkotsu garlic" was quite tasty. It has enough garlic to keep vampires (and probably friends and family) away from you for a few hours.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I was unaware gangs of hoodlums might drag you at gunpoint, kicking and screaming, to these things.
halibut sinclair
http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/new-developments-headed-to-bryan-in-new-chick-fil-a/article_cec58890-f18b-11e7-8330-5f4d71fef042.html
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Legacy at Longmire Business Suites is open and is already planning an expansion to include more conference and co-working space. 3206 Longmire in CS.
Gigem314
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

I'll gladly take it over the local options here.
LastHamlet
AG
Gigem314 said:

Fonzie Scheme said:

I'll gladly take it over the local options here.

Casa Rod > Gringos
Gigem314
AG
LastHamlet said:

Casa Rod > Gringos
Will have to agree to disagree there. Casa Rod is the most overrated Tex-Mex in BCS.
Cyp0111
Gringos is good Tex-Mex. It will clean up college station
phatpat21
What's going in just south of American Momentum Bank on the feeder road, just past graham rd?
LastHamlet
AG
Gigem314 said:

LastHamlet said:

Casa Rod > Gringos
Will have to agree to disagree there. Casa Rod is the most overrated Tex-Mex in BCS.
That's fair, but what's your go to Tex-Mex in BCS? I only eat one thing at Casa Rod and that's the El Memo and I like the tacos. Didn't like the fajitas.
dave99ag
AG
phatpat21 said:

What's going in just south of American Momentum Bank on the feeder road, just past graham rd?
Fairly certain it's Stella Southern Cafe.
jja79
AG
People like different things. I assume you've been to Gringo's by your comment. I think it's aptly named.

Yole's, La Carreta, Mi Pueblita, El Sol de Mexico, Jesse's, Cilantro, El Tio and Raspas just off the top of my head are better.

I'm sure Gringo's will clean up.
ethridgem
AG
RedBeardDude said:

Anybody been to the new cigar shop next to Taco Casa on Greens Prairie?? I can't remember the name of it.

That would be Hideaway Humidor - it is owned by Colton (same guy that owns Cavalier). Nice selection, he tries to keep a few things there that aren't at Cavalier and vice versa.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Are the BMW and Mercedes dealerships still going in on the bypass? Any timeline if so?
TexAg1987
KidDoc said:

phatpat21 said:

what is new place where carps bar was originally going to be? Next to taco casa I drove by earlier but couldn't tell what it was
Angry Elephant.

http://www.theangryelephant.com/home

I called last night and they said they will be open Monday for the National Championship game.

Gigem314
AG
jja79 said:

People like different things. I assume you've been to Gringo's by your comment. I think it's aptly named.

Yole's, La Carreta, Mi Pueblita, El Sol de Mexico, Jesse's, Cilantro, El Tio and Raspas just off the top of my head are better.

I'm sure Gringo's will clean up.
I like Gringo's. They're not my favorite, but compared to the options in BCS I think they'll be much welcomed. Though I admit I'm spoiled from having lived in Houston.
bushytailed
AG
dave99ag said:

phatpat21 said:

Fairly certain it's Stella Southern Cafe.

The owner previewed a couple menu items for our running group a few months back. I still have dreams of the pulled pork & jalapeo pimento cheese biscuits. It can't open soon enough.
AgsWin2011
AG
Polly's is our Mexican go-to place. Plus they have a drive-thru for call-in orders, which makes it nice since we have two little ones.

I used to like Papa Perez, but it's not the same anymore. I used to not care for Casa Rod, but it has grown on me.

Jesse's is awesome for breakfast and lunch. Wish he would open a storefront in Tower Point.
ethridgem
AG
Heismenberg said:

Jesse's is awesome for breakfast and lunch. Wish he would open a storefront in Tower Point.
He would KILL on our side of town! (Mostly because I'd go there and never leave.)
nashvilleaggie11
West End Elixir coming to Downtown Bryan next month (Feb 2018)
BCStalk
nashvilleaggie11 said:

This will be awesome
Picadillo
When is the Wolf Creek carwash at Rock Prairie and 6 (southbound side) going to reopen from last year's fire?
Captn_Ag05
AG
CS City Council vote next week will allow owner of property where Silk Stocking is to tear down and build new commercial. Prime piece of real estate, so I imagine something will go up soon.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/City-council-will-vote-next-week-to-rezone-former-Silk-Stocking-property-468200043.html

LightningDammitt
AG
nashvilleaggie11 said:

Can confirm, with 3 sources!
Oddity
LightningDammitt said:

nashvilleaggie11 said:

Can confirm, with 3 sources!

Where at in Downtown Bryan?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.