BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,759 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stopped by Mad Taco South for brunch after church today and the breakfast tacos were top notch. I had beef short rib and egg and smoking hot steak and egg. The hot is hot!

Nice addition to their menu though!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
eloc62
Went to Angry Elephant the other night to pick up a couple of hot dogs and maybe have a beer on the way home. Was not happening. The place was packed. Not a bar stool or table available. Question for next time i go. Can you get food to go? if so, how do you order it? Do you order food at the bar if there are no tables available?
KidDoc
AG
eloc62 said:

Went to Angry Elephant the other night to pick up a couple of hot dogs and maybe have a beer on the way home. Was not happening. The place was packed. Not a bar stool or table available. Question for next time i go. Can you get food to go? if so, how do you order it? Do you order food at the bar if there are no tables available?
The one time I've gone we sat at the bar and ordered food and service was great. There were about 20 people there I would estimate. We will be back but it is a pretty small location.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nought
AG
eloc62 said:

You can order food to go. I tried to call ahead to save some time, but they didn't answer their phone even after multiple tries -- just kept going to voicemail. That's something they need to work on.

I went in over the lunch hour, and the place was empty (so no reason for them not to pick up the phone) -- it was just frustrating to have to waste time waiting for them to make the food when if they would have picked up their phone, I could have been in and out in a couple of minutes.

That said, the food was worth the wait. The hot dogs and sandwiches were awesome, and their homemade potato chips rocked too.
TXAGBQ76
AG
this response took muuch longer than I expected
Tailgate88
AG
We popped in the Angry Elephant after the basketball game on Saturday. There was a good crowd when we got there and it was steadily filling up as the afternoon went on. The bartender told us they will be adding a porch out front. I expect to be a regular, great place! If we had not just had lunch I would have tried one of the hot dogs but that will happen next time we go.
EBrazosAg
AG
I also went to SCS Mad Taco for Sunday brunch. Menu and food were great. Breakfast enchiladas very good!
Oddity
Mad Taco is very good. I've never had a more flavorful taco ever. Try the jerk Chicken taco.
eloc62
Looks like the Angry Elephant is off to a good start. Place seems busy. Looks like south CS has a nice, little bar to go to now that serves good food.
nought
AG
Porters says they are opening on February 11. And, their new website is live, complete with menu:

https://porterscollegestation.com/
FlyRod
That menu looks like a game changer. Wow.
dave99ag
AG
Quote:

PORTERS is an upscale and approachable fine-dining destination
What is approachable fine-dining? Does that mean I can drop lots of $$$ and still wear flip-flops?
KidDoc
AG
FlyRod said:

That menu looks like a game changer. Wow.
Holy smokes that looks amazing cannot wait. My son's 19th birthday is the weekend after they open may have to treat him to the new place!
techno-ag
AG
nought said:

Porters says they are opening on February 11. And, their new website is live, complete with menu:

https://porterscollegestation.com/
Looks like an outstanding new addition to BCS.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
Cyp0111
Looks fantastic.
Tailgate88
techno-ag
AG
KBTX saying Chimney Hill development on the way, with a new home for Republic.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Construction-starts-for-new-Republic-Steakhouse-in-College-Station-470768193.html
KidDoc
AG
techno-ag said:

KBTX saying Chimney Hill development on the way, with a new home for Republic.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Construction-starts-for-new-Republic-Steakhouse-in-College-Station-470768193.html
Good to hear that something is being built there at long last. It will be interesting to see how well the steakhouse/gourmet restaurants do over time with two new ones coming soon (Porter's and Casa do Brazil).
FlyRod
My guess is they'll be fine. They have a very loyal clientele.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Have there been any (recent) plans released for what Chimney Hill will look like?
australopithecus robustus
Porters looks to be a direct competitor to The Republic. Very interesting to see if this community has enough of the demographic needed to support them along with Christopher's and others. I don't see the menu as a game changer, as mentioned though. However, it does look Like it will be as expensive as The Republic or even more.
AgFan1999
AG
It does not appear our Toys R Us is on the list of stores to close.
FlyRod
OMG Seafood having a soft opening Friday, according to the Book of Face.

I wish them all the best; that location is another cursed one. Maybe like Torchy's, they'll be the ones to break it.
redd38
AG
There's some sort of wall structure going up in front of the old Loupots on NG, looked like maybe some work going on inside the building too.
FlyRod
It's going to be a "high end bar and bistro."

Here's some info. Negative Nancies can scroll past it.

https://eatbcs.com/2018/01/18/bistro-bar-being-built-at-prime-northgate-location-2/
australopithecus robustus
A high end bar/bistro is an extraordinarily bad idea for that location
armymom
I'll stick to the Republic...easier to park and no reason to go elsewhere!
Geralt of Rivia
S
I wish we could get a bar with a lot of old arcade games and pinball games. A place like that would make a killing here
KidDoc
AG
Doink the Clown said:

I wish we could get a bar with a lot of old arcade games and pinball games. A place like that would make a killing here
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Vintage-arcade-opens-in-College-Station-460795123.html

No bar though
Geralt of Rivia
S
Thanks, I may have to check it out. I hadn't heard of that place.

It's a start, at least
jja79
AG
Where is it?
Rex Racer
AG
jja79 said:

Where is it?
3227 South Texas Ave (1.50 mi)
Bryan, Texas 77802

https://www.facebook.com/OMG-Seafood-518907378442468/
BlueMiles
AG
^Rex Racer

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.