BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

708,856 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We went to Porters for our anniversary dinner a couple of nights ago. Thought it was well done and had a lot of service people readily available.
That said we prefer the Republic for our steak and price point will be about the same.
We may give it another try at a later time but if looking for a steakhouse in BCS probably will hit up Republic before Porters at least in the near future
Oogway
Look Out Below said:

Needs to be a light at Navarro/Wellborn too. Way too many idiots jumping out in front of people at that intersection.

I would love that (sorry Saratoga) but it is not likely. I really wanted the City to plan their RR crossing at Cain/Navarro instead of Deacon because of
1. Business owners on west side need access and closing Cain affects them big time
2. Higher population density/traffic on Navarro due to duplexes.
It just seems anti-business for SBOs that are long-time members of the community.
(That and if they put a light at Deacon-which they would-there would be five lights between Rock Prairie and the last 2818/Wellborn ramp)

Back on topic, though. I think the zoning got approved for Rock Prairie east and Fitch. Is that area going to take off now? Quite a few $$$ homes coming on line over there.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I spent quite a bit of time at Century Square this weekend for a conference. Grabbed dinner at Piada. It was really good. Hey Sugar is an awesome spot and had quite a bit of business the times I went by. Blaze and Hopdoddy were packed and the green space was pretty busy and had live music. Zoe's was the only business not busy.

Overall, it is such a great addition to BCS. I noticed a lot of locals/non-students out there. I know there was an issue with the paid parking, but I hope they have figured that out. They do need to get their garage open ASAP. Between the hotels and restaurants there was nowhere to park. With more spaces opening soon, they really need to get that worked out. It seems like the garage would have been one of the first things completed. They also need to improve the walkability of the space. There is no clear way to navigate from the parking areas near the hotels to the shops and restaurants. Lots of people just wandering with cars trying to navigate through.
Cyp0111
That is City Centre 101
mgreen
They apparently learned nothing from opening City Centre.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The lighting is also really bad. Very dark in most areas. I expect that will be addressed once construction is completed. Even string lights or lights on trees would go a long way.
TSJ
AG
Ace hardware banner over the old lacks location next planet fitness.
theycallmemrtibbs
TSJ said:

The Original AG 76
AG
TSJ said:

FINALLY! Love me some ACE . For those who don't know where Lacks used to be ... where bouts is the new ACE going ?
redd38
AG
Anyone know why the garage/movie theater at Century Square is taking so long? Seems like there hasn't been much progress in months.
Captn_Ag05
AG
redd38 said:

Anyone know why the garage/movie theater at Century Square is taking so long? Seems like there hasn't been much progress in months.
No idea what is going on with the parking garage or why it is taking so long. I am starting to wonder whether the theater is going to happen or if it fell through. It was missing from the last press release:

Quote:

Thirteen new businesses are currently slated to open before fall 2018 including:

• Berryhill Baja Grill projected to open spring 2018
  • Breakaway Offices projected to open summer 2018
  • Galleria Day Spa projected to open spring 2018
  • Harvest Coffee projected to open spring 2018
  • Hemline Boutique projected to open spring 2018
  • Hey Sugar Candy Store opening February 2018
  • MESS Waffles Etc.projected to open spring 2018
  • Mo's Irish Pub projected to open spring 2018
  • PORTERS projected to open spring 2018
  • Premier Healthcare projected to open spring 2018
  • ShareTea projected to open spring 2018
  • SubZero Nitrogen Ice Cream projected to open spring 2018
  • Sweet Paris Creperie projected to open spring 2018

Cyp0111
The movie theatre is happening. Developers always over sell and under deliver vs timelines.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Cyp0111 said:

The movie theatre is happening. Developers always over sell and under deliver vs timelines.
I hope you are right. It is strange it wasn't included in the press release. I guess that means it will be after Fall before it opens.
UmustBKidding
In the college station Winn Dixie
Sw parkway and tx
Captn_Ag05
AG
Looks like it will be owned by the same people that own The Bear Mountain. They will also be opening Legacy Gift Store in that center and are now hiring for both.
DimeBox17
AG
Southwest parkway and Texas avenue next to planet fitness. Was previously a college depot
The Original AG 76
AG
DimeBox17 said:

Southwest parkway and Texas avenue next to planet fitness. Was previously a college depot
Big site for an ACE...if it is anything like the ACE in Cypress it will be a YUGE hit ! Great store.
DBSwooper
DimeBox17 said:

Isn't that the same space that Bear Mountain is moving or has moved to? Part of the space?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Two lots being worked on at 6 and I believe Technology. Is that the two new auto dealerships (BMW and Mercedes)?
Sleepnumber
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Two lots being worked on at 6 and I believe Technology. Is that the two new auto dealerships (BMW and Mercedes)?
Actually, it's 3---Hyundai
Captn_Ag05
AG
Good info, didn't realize here was a Hyundai dealership going in there as well. Will it be three offices or all use one?
Sleepnumber
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Good info, didn't realize here was a Hyundai dealership going in there as well. Will it be three offices or all use one?
There is one owner; but, for legal and franchise reasons, there will be three different offices and addresses.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Makes sense. I was only asking because the last plans I saw in October had two buildings on the site.
PS3D
DBSwooper said:

DimeBox17 said:

Isn't that the same space that Bear Mountain is moving or has moved to? Part of the space?
No, Bear Mountain is near Barnes & Noble, Office Depot, Best Buy, etc. near campus.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I believe they recently relocated to the Planet Fitness shopping center. And are also opening the Ace Hardware and Legacy Gift Store. Not sure if it will be three separate stores or what.
DBSwooper
PS3D said:

DBSwooper said:

DimeBox17 said:

No, Bear Mountain is near Barnes & Noble, Office Depot, Best Buy, etc. near campus.
They've been talking about moving on their social media for a few weeks now.
DimeBox17
AG
From what it looks like, it's going to be all one big store. I've looked inside while going into the gym and it doesn't seem to be separate stores. Could be wrong though
DBSwooper
Just went by over lunch. The new Bear Mountain location opened today. It will share the space with ACE hardware as they have the same owner. ACE is expected to open in approx. 30 days.
redd38
AG
The old ER at Century Square is apparently now the hiring center for the new theater. So I guess that confirms the theater is still on board and must be opening relatively soon if they're starting to hire.
Counterpoint
AG
redd38 said:

The old ER at Century Square is apparently now the hiring center for the new theater. So I guess that confirms the theater is still on board and must be opening relatively soon if they're starting to hire.
What will 500 other standalone ERs in BCS become when they go out of business?

redd38
AG
Counterpoint said:

redd38 said:

Nail salons?
Counterpoint
AG
redd38 said:

Counterpoint said:

redd38 said:

Nail salons?
ethridgem
AG
Counterpoint said:

redd38 said:

Counterpoint said:

redd38 said:

Nail salons?

Chicken joints?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Dunkin Donuts
Beau Bevers
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Dunkin Donuts

Your words to God's ears.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.