BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

710,039 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It reads like it is comparable to a Rosa's - tex-mex to go. So, I think that is why the pricing was a little surprising to some. I agree margs delivered will do well.
Captn_Ag05
AG
American Freight going in the Tejas Center.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Not intending to sound judgmental here but what is the attraction for a Hooter's restaurant? I've eaten in one in Austin and one in Houston, the food was barely average at best, the servers were average at best, etc.

To each his own but i actually do like the wings here too.
mgreen
I have been to a couple in Houston. Very small with 4-5 tables. Mostly built for to go. The kitchen takes up 75% of the restaurant.
JayMM_02
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

American Freight going in the Tejas Center.

..along with a Marshall's in old Hastings space
TXAGBQ76
AG
I am not a big wings fan, so I have not ever tried them there. I have had shrimp and sandwiches/burgers there and did not see anything special about them.

Like you said, to each his own.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

I am not a big wings fan, so I have not ever tried them there. I have had shrimp and sandwiches/burgers there and did not see anything special about them.

Like you said, to each his own.

Ive had other items there too. They arent great by any means. At best mediocre. I think i just like breaded wings.
removed-180810
Boneless wings are just fancy McNuggets
Macho Man Randy Savage is my patronus
Captn_Ag05
AG
CS Council approved a rezoning last night to allow for construction of the senior living community to be built near BSW hospital. The plan calls for an initial construction of 120 apartment homes, restricted to 62 and older residents, with 80% being income-restricted housing.
meezermom
Isn't that senior housing apartments over behind the Methodist Church near there that are also under construction, or am I incorrect? Where are we going to be getting all these seniors from, if so?!
RafterAg223
AG
meezermom said:

Isn't that senior housing apartments over behind the Methodist Church near there that are also under construction, or am I incorrect? Where are we going to be getting all these seniors from, if so?!
Every affordable senior living facility in town for rent has a waiting list. There is huge demand. The Methodist Retirement Community project you speak of (The Langford) will not be for rent. It will be a buy in product. The local developer on the senior project near Scott and White is going to be footing the bill for a lot of utility infrastructure and improvement, thus breathing some good life in to the potential development of some nice projects on the East side of 6.
meezermom
Sounds great if they can fill them -- I'll just look to spend twice as long shopping in Kroger on Rock Prairie, though.
Captn_Ag05
AG
RafterAg223 said:

meezermom said:

Every affordable senior living facility in town for rent has a waiting list. There is huge demand. The Methodist Retirement Community project you speak of (The Langford) will not be for rent. It will be a buy in product. The local developer on the senior project near Scott and White is going to be footing the bill for a lot of utility infrastructure and improvement, thus breathing some good life in to the potential development of some nice projects on the East side of 6.
My parents wanted to relocate to College Station after retirement, but they were looking for an age-restricted community. The waiting lists were years (except at the I believe Traditions one but that wasn't in their budget). Many folks from different areas of the state were on the lists. They were debating on whether to wait it out in the Beaumont area, but ended up in Georgetown. Thank goodness they sold their home and moved because they would have been without a home after Harvey.

All that to say, I agree that there is demand for a development such as this and hope a few more follow as well.
mazag08
AG
OP can remove Lidl from the rumor section. It's for sure not happening.
motherrunnersBCS
I want to move back to B/CS when I retire. Is there a retirement community that is houses, not apartments?
techno-ag
AG
motherrunnersBCS said:

I want to move back to B/CS when I retire. Is there a retirement community that is houses, not apartments?
Seems like the neighborhood behind the Bryan Post Office is age restricted to retirement folks.
halibut sinclair
viejo
MiMi said:

Quote:

KBTX says new South CS Rx Pizza open on Greens Prairie.
The new location opened last week for lunch (11am - 3pm) Monday-Friday. Per their website - they will be open these limited hours while they complete their staff. We went Friday for lunch. The menu and dcor are identical to the Bryan location. Love the large patio. Happy to have another great dining option in that part of town!
We had quite a different experience tonight (Saturday). My wife and I went about 6:45. We were offered outside seats in the sun (it was 95 degrees), or at the bar. I pointed to 4 empty 4 tops and asked if we could sit there. The hostess said the were holding those IN CASE A TABLE FOR 4 CAME IN! And, as we left, those 4 tables were still open. So, Rx Pizza values customers who don't come in more than they value customers don't. Pizza was good, but not so good as to overcome their corporate culture. We won't be back.
australopithecus robustus
That doesn't sound like corporate culture at all. That sounds like poor judgement by a hostess. Very likely not reflective of the culture of the concept.
viejo
australopithecus robustus said:

That doesn't sound like corporate culture at all. That sounds like poor judgement by a hostess. Very likely not reflective of the culture of the concept.
Wasn't just the hostess. The bartender asked us twice if we'd ordered anything from the kitchen and when it came time to check out, couldn't remember what drinks we ordered. For entertainment, we got the pleasure of hearing employees speaking ill of their fellow employees. It's the culture. We won't be back.
australopithecus robustus
Well that's different. Sounds even less corporate. Sounds unorganized. I feel for the owner. I know he means better.

Staff in this town are frustrating anyway. So much youth that doesn't consider the work a "real job".
Jon Ponder 08
AG
I've been to the new Rx twice with friends once for lunch and family once for dinner. Both times had great experiences. Food was great, service quick and friendly. Hope it does well; we need to keep the few dining options we have on this side of town going.
taxpreparer
AG
Went to the new Rx a couple of weeks ago. The center of the pizza was super soggy. That said, I will give them second try.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
drivinwest
AG
I've eaten at the DT Bryan RX many times. They can be a little inconsistent at times. But their overall quality and service makes up for it.
JMac03
AG
I went to the new RxPizza. I've never been to the other location. Great service, but I was a little underwhelmed with the overall taste of the pizza. I'm sure I will try it again, but I prefer Mad Taco next door.
JMac03
AG
techno-ag said:

motherrunnersBCS said:

Seems like the neighborhood behind the Bryan Post Office is age restricted to retirement folks.
I don't know about age restrictions but this is a nice neighborhood my sons grandparents just moved into.
TSJ
AG
I can confirm it has an age restriction of 55 and up. I just visited a lady that lives there last weekend.
halibut sinclair
Huntsville burger institution Mr. Hamburger is opening a location in Bryan soon.
bcstx06
I have updated the front page. I know I missed a lot, so if anyone wants to help me out and list what I missed, please do so.

Also hearing that there maybe some truth to a grocery store/shopping center looking to go in at Boonvillle and University Drive.
ChampsAg
OMG has been open for a while
ChampsAg
Urban Table by Chef Tai in process of being built
Hooters opening in July I heard
Tad's Seafood by south CS Lowe's
Vet clinic by south CS Lowe's has started
Scripture Haven being remodeled
New Republic Steakhouse in progress
bcstx06
Thanks for the help guys.

I also wanted to add that we have a new food truck called Krab Kingz. I don't know if they are looking for a permanent location, but their food is really good with great prices and great portions.

Tailgate88
AG
Leslie's Pool Supplies going in next to the new Starbucks at the corner of Arrington and Fitch. There is one more empty space between the two from the looks of things.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Not a fan of Leslie's?
95_Aggie
AG
Yeah ... another pool store at Tower Point. That center is really thriving.

/s

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.