BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,984 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drove past Jersey Mike's today... didn't see Anything being done... scissor lift inside but no workers.
eloc62
Jetty said:

Drove past Jersey Mike's today... didn't see Anything being done... scissor lift inside but no workers.
That's pretty much what i am getting at. Doesn't seem like they are in any hurry to open.
BCSWguru
Bush's. Is. Back </gusjohnson>
ChampsAg
I met with the owner on Friday. They are planning to open by the end of the year. He is familiar with TexAgs and plans on coming on here to give an update.
Kitten With A Whip
LSCSN said:

Hopefully under new ownership! If you go to any other Bush's Chicken, the chicken is really good, but the three locations we had here were horrible, IMO! I think maybe they weren't listening on recipe/cook training day or something!
Rexter
Kitten With A Whip said:

LSCSN said:

Hopefully under new ownership! If you go to any other Bush's Chicken, the chicken is really good, but the three locations we had here were horrible, IMO! I think maybe they weren't listening on recipe/cook training day or something!

It may have been the supplier. Ben E Keith has the Houston area, along with BCS. Sysco has (at least previously) all other areas.
Kitten With A Whip
Rexter said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

LSCSN said:

It may have been the supplier. Ben E Keith has the Houston area, along with BCS. Sysco has (at least previously) all other areas.
I don't think I have been to Houston area Bush's, but I can tell you that the Brenham, Temple and Riesel locations have really good chicken! The ones here have so much batter on their chicken and strips, you can hardly find the chicken. And they clearly do not have the brining down. The sides are fine, service was iffy, but the chicken is what brought them down. If these are the same owners/cooks/trainors, they definitely need to seek outside help from corporate and perhaps from other franchises. I do wish them luck. I'd like to see them improve and make it here.
Tailgate88
AG
Trackside Kolache is legit! Very good food but get there early for the best selection - the word is out!
carpe vinum
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Trackside Kolache is legit! Very good food but get there early for the best selection - the word is out!
What did you get?
EBrazosAg
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

Rexter said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

LSCSN said:

I don't think I have been to Houston area Bush's, but I can tell you that the Brenham, Temple and Riesel locations have really good chicken! The ones here have so much batter on their chicken and strips, you can hardly find the chicken. And they clearly do not have the brining down. The sides are fine, service was iffy, but the chicken is what brought them down. If these are the same owners/cooks/trainors, they definitely need to seek outside help from corporate and perhaps from other franchises. I do wish them luck. I'd like to see them improve and make it here.
It's a new team at the 21 location. Tried it last week, was the Bush's I expected from prior CenTx visits. Hopefully they can make a better run of it .....the 21 location was always the best of the 3 local unit with prior operators.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JMac03
AG
Dowling Electric onsite working inside Jersey Mike's this morning.

Buncha dirt dig up on side of building and port-o-can our back.
JMac03
AG
Looks like getting close to slab being poured for Kristy Kreme. Base built, pvc pipe stubbed and dirt filled in.
B2BCS15
AG
Sorry, it's been a while since I've been able to give an update on the projected opening date for the College Station Jersey Mike's. I was definitely optimistic with projected opening dates but unfortunately have had to deal with several unforeseen issues along the way. My commercial negotiations took much longer than I had initially hoped/expected and we didn't get a signed lease until the last week of June. The submittal process for city permits ended up taking closer to 10wks when I had planned for a 4-5wk process. The last issue was discovered immediately after beginning construction when we found a building shell issue that took 4wks to get resolved by the landlord's shell contractor (still ongoing but my unit was finally turned back over to us last week). There was still hope that we might get completed and do a soft opening this year but with the holidays and inherent delays that come with contractor availability, we will be looking to getting 2019 started right! I will get updated construction pictures to post to our facebook page (Jersey Mike's Subs Aggieland) later today so everyone can follow our process over the next few weeks. We were told that our permanent signs were suppose to be installed 1.5wks ago so that was the reason for not re-hanging our temp sign after one of the many high-wind storms. Hoping to have signs hung by next week (at the latest.......fingers crossed).

The biggest unforeseen issue for my family this year was welcoming our twin girls into the world on May 19th at 25wks old. They ended up weighing ~1.5lbs each and spent several months in the NICU in Temple at BSW. One of the girls came home at the end of August and the other came home the end September so life definitely threw more than a couple curve balls our way this year. They are both doing great now and we are beyond blessed to have them both home and healthy but it was a rough few months of trying to keep it together. We appreciate all the support, interested and excitement and we can't wait to get the doors open to start serving the best hot and cold sandwiches in town!

Thanks BCS!
LightningDammitt
AG
Congrats on the 2 1.5 pounders!

Looking forward to 2019 and the new Jersey Mike's!
Tailgate88
AG
carpe vinum said:

Tailgate88 said:

What did you get?

The first time I go somewhere new I tend to get the variety pack However, they were out of quite a few items since I didn't get there early. I got sausage and cheese, ham and cheese, and spinach and feta kolaches, all very good. Their bread is light and fluffy and plenty of stuff inside! I got a couple cinnamon rolls, which my kids liked. And I got a handful of various fruit kolaches, again all very good.
AggiePhil
AG
Does Trackside have pigs in a blanket?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I feel like one problem with Bush's might have been too many too fast. They all of the sudden went from 0 to like 3 locations and I'm not sure any got the appropriate attention they needed as newly created businesses.
trouble
AG
Hebert's is coming back!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1897770376971466&id=242449619170225
Tailgate88
AG
AggiePhil said:

Does Trackside have pigs in a blanket?

Yes but they call them "sausage kolaches".
TheAlarmGuy
trouble said:

Hebert's is coming back!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1897770376971466&id=242449619170225
do we have a location yet?
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
AggiePhil
AG
Any chance Wings N More would consider putting in a location down south anytime soon? Zaxby's just not cutting it.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I live in Wellborn and have no issue driving to the Wings N More on Deacon. I also still consider that to be in the south part of town, though
AggiePhil
AG
Man that's great to hear. That's the middle of town now though.
KidDoc
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

I live in Wellborn and have no issue driving to the Wings N More on Deacon. I also still consider that to be in the south part of town, though
I just don't like the Deacon location. The food just doesn't seem as good and their draft beer selection is pretty terrible. If I am going to buy a calorie bomb I just drive to the University location.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JMac03
AG
KidDoc said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

I just don't like the Deacon location. The food just doesn't seem as good and their draft beer selection is pretty terrible. If I am going to buy a calorie bomb I just drive to the University location.
The Deacon one doesn't even serve their crappy wine-based margaritas anymore. What is this world coming to?!?!
trouble
AG
Haven't seen anything yet. I'll post as soon as I do.
Psychag
AG
I live in South C.S and I'll take the 15 minutes it takes to drive to the University location for Wings n More. Great service, love the bar area, and food much better.
EBrazosAg
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I feel like one problem with Bush's might have been too many too fast. They all of the sudden went from 0 to like 3 locations and I'm not sure any got the appropriate attention they needed as newly created businesses.

Something like that ..... likely lead to this ... you will find the Bush's COO down a bit on this ....tending the business poorly often leads to bankruptcy...he was the operating partner in the stores here from what I hear ...

http://www2.txwb.uscourts.gov/calendar/rbk/6-04-03-2018.htm
b0ridi
Wayback Burgers on Texas Ave was closed and dark at 5PM today.
JMac03
AG
b0ridi said:

Wayback Burgers on Texas Ave was closed and dark at 5PM today.
I thought it has been closed awhile not but maybe not. Everyone I've driven past I haven't seen any lights on.
Broncos
Row House coming to shopping center with Smoothie King and Jersey Mikes.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The gym?
The Anchor
AG
yes
benny63
Per my better half - according to a sign in their Conroe location, Pie in the Sky is planning on opening a location near Lowes in College Station. Excellent pies - we always buy a few for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
EBrazosAg
AG
benny63 said:

Per my better half - according to a sign in their Conroe location, Pie in the Sky is planning on opening a location near Lowes in College Station. Excellent pies - we always buy a few for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Covered a page or two back. Negotiations at that time were for the Bush's Chicken building in Tower Point. Don't know if that happened or looking for another spot down south.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.