BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

703,872 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Chris98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was told that (not verified) that Angry Elephat is opening 2nd location, in Snap Fitness strip center, across from Copperfield
eloc62
So we went to Rudy's for lunch today, and i normally get a chopped beef sando. I went with something different today, deciding to finally try their green chili stew. It was awesome. If you never tried it, please do. It has their brisket in it. I will be having this many times over the cold winter that is coming. Really warms you up.
Clucky
It answers who where what and when - so i think it stands up. Did you want a flowing essay about the merits of sandwiches?
ethridgem
AG
Chris98 said:

Was told that (not verified) that Angry Elephant is opening 2nd location, in Snap Fitness strip center, across from Copperfield
I went there yesterday and talked to their staff; they confirmed that a 2nd BCS location is coming "sometime next year".
RGRAg1/75
AG
Clucky said:

It answers who where what and when - so i think it stands up. Did you want a flowing essay about the merits of sandwiches?

Don't know why you feel the need to be a smartass. It is Monday, but you need to relax.

If I'm the eagle, who is a media outlet that, in theory, wants to drive traffic to its various outlets, I do just a tad bit more on content. Maybe an interview with the franchisee? Maybe some stats on other stores in the region, or lack there of? It's not really my industry so idk exactly, but that "article" had few enough characters to be a tweet.
cajunken
I don't think it was meant to be an article, just a business blurb. The Eagle does a good job of printing pictures of all the ribbon cuttings and grand openings, so they may do something more substantial when the business actually opens its doors.
viejo
Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

Cstrickland05 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

eloc62 said:

Was driving on the northbound feeder road near where the new BMW and Mercedes places are going in and noticed a sign for Coopers pit bbq opening in summer 2019. I have heard of them. I think they started in Llano. A friend told me it was supposed to be a 15,000 sq. foot place. Is that right? If so, that seems like a mighty big bbq place for a city this size to support day in and day out year round.
Cooper's is awesome, particularly the one in Llano. Can't wait for this place. You can bet it'll be packed when it opens and on game days, forget about it.

I wonder if they are sweating it a little with Kruez closing down. It's the same kind of operation.

I doubt it. Unless they can't recreate their other Coopers - and from the comments about their other non-Llano ops it seems they have mastered the reproduction. Kruez was not that good in Lockhart, and their Bryan version wasn't either. Coopers is a whole different story....

My point was that it's the same serving style and prices which were big complaints about Kruez.
Have you been to a Cooper's, particularly the one in Llano?

I meant it's the same as in ordering by the pound instead of getting a chopped beef sandwich covered in sauce, side and a drink, for $5 or less,which is the style of bbq place BCS townies want. I hope Coopers does well, but based on this forum over the years, it doesn't bode well for them. BCS people aren't going to spend $15-20 on lunch
Yeah, you've never been to Coopers. It's not the same.
LastHamlet
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

No. Just based it off of 10+ years of reading threads on this board. People scream bloody murder over paying a couple bucks for parking or 15 cents for a cup of ice.
Have to agree with you there.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Lululemon opens this weekend at Century Square.
brhuggs
Their FB page was updated yesterday...Howdy's Texas Grill'd Pizza. Hoping to open by the end of November / first week of December.
rugger74
AG
Cooper's originated in Mason.
EBrazosAg
AG
rugger74 said:

Cooper's originated in Mason.

Irrelevant. Just like where H-E-B originated is irrelevant if you like a certain store. The Llano Coopers is the bomb. Don't know about Mason because I haven't been there. Don't need to either ....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rugger74
AG
I was just responding to elo62 about origin of a particular BBQ joint. Was not commenting on other places. Relax.
LastHamlet
AG
hihozippo
AG
I saw on FB that we're getting a Pie In The Sky?! Anyone know for sure?
armymom
On their FB Pie in the Sky is going in at the old Bushes on Hwy 6!
frito bandito
The American Freight located next to the Blinn administrative offices in the Tejas Center has been open for months; unless another one is coming to town....
TXAG 05
AG
viejo said:

Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

Cstrickland05 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

eloc62 said:

Was driving on the northbound feeder road near where the new BMW and Mercedes places are going in and noticed a sign for Coopers pit bbq opening in summer 2019. I have heard of them. I think they started in Llano. A friend told me it was supposed to be a 15,000 sq. foot place. Is that right? If so, that seems like a mighty big bbq place for a city this size to support day in and day out year round.
Cooper's is awesome, particularly the one in Llano. Can't wait for this place. You can bet it'll be packed when it opens and on game days, forget about it.

I wonder if they are sweating it a little with Kruez closing down. It's the same kind of operation.

I doubt it. Unless they can't recreate their other Coopers - and from the comments about their other non-Llano ops it seems they have mastered the reproduction. Kruez was not that good in Lockhart, and their Bryan version wasn't either. Coopers is a whole different story....

My point was that it's the same serving style and prices which were big complaints about Kruez.

I meant it's the same as in ordering by the pound instead of getting a chopped beef sandwich covered in sauce, side and a drink, for $5 or less,which is the style of bbq place BCS townies want. I hope Coopers does well, but based on this forum over the years, it doesn't bode well for them. BCS people aren't going to spend $15-20 on lunch

I've been to the one in NB many times. But tell me how two BBQ places that each sell meat by the lb served on butcher paper aren't the same serving style.
viejo
Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

Cstrickland05 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

eloc62 said:

I've been to the one in NB many times. But tell me how two BBQ places that each sell meat by the lb served on butcher paper aren't the same serving style.
Wow, okay. Go ahead and move the goal posts. You said, "It's the same kind of operation." It's not. Go argue with yourself, you're just a waste of time.
TXAG 05
AG
You are getting way too worked up about this, just trying to make conversation. Not really moving goal posts either. Serving style=operation as far as bbq joints are concerned.

I hope Coopers makes it, but based on this board, I will bet that once it opens and people start reviewing it on here, you will see a lot of "too expensive" "no plates" "no chop beef sandwiches" etc just like what plagued Kruez.
techno-ag
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

You are getting way too worked up about this, just trying to make conversation. Not really moving goal posts either. Serving style=operation as far as bbq joints are concerned.

I hope Coopers makes it, but based on this board, I will bet that once it opens and people start reviewing it on here, you will see a lot of "too expensive" "no plates" "no chop beef sandwiches" etc just like what plagued Kruez.
Don't forget the classic "It's great in other cities but the one here sucks."
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
TXAG 05
AG
techno-ag said:

Cstrickland05 said:

That's a good one too.
Kitten With A Whip
techno-ag said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Well, that does hold true for the B/CS Applebee's.
AgFan1999
AG
No, 100% of Applebee's suck. It happened when IHOP bought them.
UmustBKidding
The one in bcs service was horrible long before I hope acquired Applebee's.
TXAGBQ76
AG
And of course the ever popular "tastes like hot garbage". I always wonder what made those folks eat hot garbage to begin with to get the comparison point.
Captn_Ag05
AG
At Home is open!!
Kitten With A Whip
AgFan1999 said:

No, 100% of Applebee's suck. It happened when IHOP bought them.
I'm just going on what I hear. The Applebee's here is so bad I won't set foot in any one of them, anywhere.
dgonzo99
Work has begun on the first phase of the Trafalgar mixed-use development on Boonville Road. Also, it appears that some of the apartments at the Residences at Oakmont are now open.
medjunkie
Bush's on 21 sign say now hiring
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

At Home is open!!
...and it is freaking HUGE!
jrhmc
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

At Home is open!!
...and it is freaking HUGE!

My son is working there. It's an amazing place!
Wicked Good Ag
Went by at home. Quite a bit of selections. Ton of Christmas stuff

Reminds me a bit of the Gap in the 80-90s. A few items in various colors. But this one is on steroids
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plan for Tads submitted to City of College Station:

http://cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=26421

IndieAggie
AG
Jersey Mike's: A banner is up at the storefront by the Rock Prairie Baylor, Scott & White, so it appears maybe they have worked out their lease agreement and work may be commencing. The Jersey Mike's website still says "Coming Soon" instead of giving a target date, so I would still say it's probably going to be the New Year before we see it opened.

Stopped in a JM's in another city here recently, first time I had tried them out. The bread is freshly baked, and my Italian sub wasn't bad at all. Not the best I've ever had (that was in Boston), but good enough to eat and certainly better than Subway or Jimmy John's or Firehouse, JMHO.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.