BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,934 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My bad. meant to say "another decent breakfast place besides The Village.'
Oogway
Thank you for posting; I missed seeing that. The east side is getting some development going albeit at a slower pace than other parts of town, but I don't see that as a bad thing since having the Lakeway expansion completed prior to that will help with potential congestion.
carpe vinum
AG
Here's a video about The Yard.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Caprock-Texas-Development-Co-338769956214495/videos/
techno-ag
AG
KBTX on Nitrogen Ice Cream at Century Square:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Nitrogen-ice-cream-shop-now-open-in-College-Station-490558151.html
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
ChampsAg
Last I heard was three weeks

In regard to MESS Waffles. Co-worker met with them last week.
Captn_Ag05
AG
carpe vinum said:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Caprock-Texas-Development-Co-338769956214495/videos/
Very nice. Any ideas on what the BBQ restaurant will be?
Tailgate88
AG
carpe vinum said:

Link is broken.
JMac03
AG
Tailgate88 said:

carpe vinum said:

Link is broken.
It worked yesterday as I watched it. Thought it was pretty cool.
carpe vinum
AG
Look up caprock development on facebook.
It was the top video.
FILO505
AG
4000 square feet are monsters. Any idea who will be the tenants?
JMac03
AG
tombdaddy504 said:

4000 square feet are monsters. Any idea who will be the tenants?

One is the Wine bar place, one is a BBQ place. Crazy both will be 4k each.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Hopefully it is a Franklins or hill country legendary place. Otherwise that's a big space to fill for regular bbq.
FILO505
AG
It says craft BBQ, so I looked up similar places. Wagyu beef, Duroc pork, non GMO chicken, craft beer. Dunno if it'll be the exact same, but that seems to be the theme of "craft BBQ" joints. I admit, I had never heard the term.
toolshed
AG
Craft BBQ = catchphrase/ sales technique...

It's probably a good product, but I it's think a more hipster, "non gmo" gluten free, organic type term meant to draw people in, vs just another brisket joint.
fishngame06
AG
In regards to Craft BBQ place...it is probably something in-line with All the Kings Men.
gus1390
AG
Does anyone know the latest on the Jersey Mike's location?
Broncos
gus1390 said:

CDub06
AG
Craft bbq is just a buzzword being used in Texas bbq. Just signals it's not the chain gasser places putting out bad meat without personality and extra sauce.
Oogway
toolshed said:

Craft BBQ = catchphrase/ sales technique...

It's probably a good product, but I it's think a more hipster, "non gmo" gluten free, organic type term meant to draw people in, vs just another brisket joint.
Well then, that's perfect for the SoCo folks.

The plans for the new police station are impressive. They shouldn't need more space for awhile.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Broncos said:

gus1390 said:

Saw that too, but WHEN?!!?!
Olsen
AG
Is the Golden Corral on University any good after the renovations? I've read that it opened back up since yesterday.
bushytailed
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Is the Golden Corral on University any good after the renovations? I've read that it opened back up since yesterday.

It doesn't look like they did anything but change the exterior pain color. It still looks like an outdated 80s restaurant.
DBSwooper
bushytailed said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

It doesn't look like they did anything but change the exterior pain color. It still looks like an outdated 80s restaurant.

Typo of the day!
mgreen
bushytailed said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

I have not been, but they totally gutted the entire interior and rebuilt it I am told.
tb9665
Still not opened. I did notice the whole place was gutted down to a shell. Might give it a try while still new.
JMac03
AG
Yep I think they even got new windows, etc. It was a complete gut. I hadn't heard it opened.
bushytailed
AG
mgreen said:

bushytailed said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

I have not been, but they totally gutted the entire interior and rebuilt it I am told.

I'll leave it for everyone's enjoyment, lol
Kitten With A Whip
It's not open yet. I drove past GoCo yesterday and it still had the construction fencing around it.
TejasAg
AG
I saw an ad for Cooper's BBQ in Texas Monthly and it had coming soon to College Station. Could that be the new craft BBQ joint? I wouldn't consider Coopers craft BBQ but like someone said its a term being thrown around.
techno-ag
AG
KBTX on Lululemon's coming store at Century Square:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Lululemon-to--491030501.html
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
The Anchor
AG
TejasAg said:

I saw an ad for Cooper's BBQ in Texas Monthly and it had coming soon to College Station. Could that be the new craft BBQ joint? I wouldn't consider Coopers craft BBQ but like someone said its a term being thrown around.
It was discussed a few pages back. I think it has been confirmed at Hwy 6 and Pavilion Ave.
armymom
Coming soon sign for Jersey Mike Subs at the new strip shopping center behind the Valero at Scott and White hospital on Rock Prairie and Bypass.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
techno-ag said:

KBTX on Lululemon's coming store at Century Square:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Lululemon-to--491030501.html
They will occupy the end-cap under the Studio Grill, across from King Ranch store.
JMac03
AG
Does anyone know what is moving into the old 4H bldg on Hwy 6 S? They've been doing some remodeling on the outside (and I assume inside).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.