BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,834 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Especially if the new rumored Conn's comes to town.
JMac03
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Especially if the new rumored Conn's comes to town.
Conn's are still in business? Like somewhere?
Collectonian
Looks like it's Sears - Post Oak location is on the newest released list
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Sweet Paris is legit. And fills a big need in this town.
techno-ag
AG
Collectonian said:

Well... we'll have to go back to using the catalog.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
brhuggs
Trackside Kolache Bakery coming soon. Right next to Gumby's on Wellborn Rd. Saw the sign being added yesterday.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
techno-ag said:

Collectonian said:

Well... we'll have to go back to using the catalog.
Last time I looked at a Sears catalog, it was for this:

bushytailed
AG
Marshall's to open 9/6 per KBTX.
http://kbtx.com/a?a=491589161
JMac03
AG
bushytailed said:

Marshall's to open 9/6 per KBTX.
http://kbtx.com/a?a=491589161

Yay! I wish it was in CS but hey I'll take it!
JMac03
AG
I feel like this is a terrible location:

Quote:

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX)- If all goes according to plan, College Station will have its own Krispy Kreme store by the end of the year.

College Station Economic Development Director Natalie Ruiz tells KBTX the stand-alone location will break ground this month closer to Harvey Road in the Post Oak Square shopping center near T.J. Maxx and Plato's Closet.

It's schedule to open sometime in December, said Ruiz.
RGRAg1/75
AG
When is Jersey Mike's opening?!?!
eloc62
RGRAg1/75 said:

When is Jersey Mike's opening?!?!
not soon enough! Can't wait to go there. I hope they are as good as the one's i have eaten at.
armymom
Doesn't look like anything is being done inside the building yet.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

College Station Economic Development Director Natalie Ruiz tells KBTX the stand-alone location will break ground this month closer to Harvey Road in the Post Oak Square shopping center near T.J. Maxx and Plato's Closet.
That's great! That's so convenient for...........oh, who the hell am I kidding? That's not convenient for anyone who wants donuts in the morning.

Seriously, did the company just throw a dart at a map of College Station?
JMac03
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Quote:

That's great! That's so convenient for...........oh, who the hell am I kidding? That's not convenient for anyone who wants donuts in the morning.

That's what I told my husband (and in my post above) - it is a TERRIBLE location. Good for my arse - but its not a major thoroughfare. It is so out of the way for 90% of town. And it is already kind of a pain to cross the road there, so lets make it worse by adding in fast food.
Oogway
I guess land/rent costs and availability to some extent determine locations, but am I incorrect in assuming there are people with the cities of B & CS who guide out-of-town establishments on traffic trends? I mean, maybe they studied the traffic counts and thought it would work, and I hope they succeed and all, but unless there is some niche donut eating neighborhood of which I am unaware, it does seem an ill advised location. Some spots I would've considered are: Texas Ave in the lot to the north of the police station or the shopping center just up the road (direct competition to Shipley's); University Avenue somewhere between Texas to Highway 6; Wellborn Road near Jones Crossing or by the new Whataburger; by Freddy's in Bryan or along the frontage road over there. Just my 2 cents.
EBrazosAg
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Quote:

I have on good source that Dunkin looked at that site and passed.......but that's not the only one and they still aren't here.......
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JMac03
AG

Fencing up for what I suppose is Krispy Kreme
carpe vinum
AG
I'd rather have Grandy's back.
Beau Bevers
AG
carpe vinum said:

X1000
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Cinnamon Rolls
carpe vinum
AG
nah, those steak and cheese breakfast biscuits.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
carpe vinum said:

In my 20's: Double CFS, mashed and fried okra. Extra roll and fried chicken breast on the side + bowl of gravy. Large sweet tea
AG
Quote:

In my 20's: Double CFS, mashed and fried okra. Extra roll and fried chicken breast on the side + bowl of gravy. Large sweet tea
That one meal had enough calories for your entire 20s!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
And now I have to split a luann platter
It's better than all three of the Shipley's locations...
CDub06
AG
Party City is officially open.
bcstx06
australopithecus robustus said:

It's better than all three of the Shipley's locations...

There are 4 Shipley's locations here.
BryanPooch
Shipley's are OK. I've yet to have a palatable Krispy Kreme. Very unlikely I'll even bother to try these cardiac specials.
BryanPooch
toolshed
AG
JMac03 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Quote:

That's what I told my husband (and in my post above) - it is a TERRIBLE location. Good for my arse - but its not a major thoroughfare. It is so out of the way for 90% of town. And it is already kind of a pain to cross the road there, so lets make it worse by adding in fast food.

Anywhere they put it is going to be out of the way for 90% of the town! That's just the math of it!!

I think they'll do just fine there. Harvey is a major feeder artery from 6 to Texas. I'd wager a good many people that live south of town take the Harvey exit to get to the south side of campus for work and school. Also, it's on the way for those living out Hwy 30 coming in to town. It's an easy stop in and out on the way to work or school to grab some breakfast.

Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of Harvey, the mattress store in front of the mall submitted plans to do a 2,500 foot expansion of the store. Mattress business must be doing well.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Speaking of Harvey, the mattress store in front of the mall submitted plans to do a 2,500 foot expansion of the store. Mattress business must be doing well.
Lots of rentals in this town needing beds.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
JMac03
AG
The sign outside Mr. Hamburger:

(Patience my child - opening Aug 31)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.