BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

710,095 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If any of that comes to fruition, hopefully the grocery store will be a Trader Joe's, Central Market, or Whole Foods type store.
PS3D
CJHajda said:

http://midtowncstx.com
https://www.tm5properties.com/blog/have-you-heard-about-midtown-in-college-station.html
http://midtowncitycenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/MCC-Development-Presentation-June-12.pdf

Competition for Atlas and Century Square?
Wouldn't count on it since Atlas never developed out like they had planned (town center, lakeside, redevelopment of Turkey Creek Road and F&B, etc.)
happyinBCS
It is my understanding the YMCA is not happening for quite some time due to Harvey and the Houston area Y's having to rebuild
bcstx06
PS3D said:

CJHajda said:

https://www.tm5properties.com/blog/have-you-heard-about-midtown-in-college-station.html
http://midtowncitycenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/MCC-Development-Presentation-June-12.pdf

Wouldn't count on it since Atlas never developed out like they had planned (town center, lakeside, redevelopment of Turkey Creek Road and F&B, etc.)
Atlas is still developing. Slowly, but surely. Unlike Century Square which build a huge phase one, Atlas/Lake Walk is developing as the demand comes.

I don't think its been mentioned here yet, but Oldham Goodwin is building a 45 acre business park called CamWest Crossing next to Atlas that will also include retail.

Quote:

BRYAN, Texas Oldham Goodwin Group, LLC on behalf of Roserock Capital Group is pleased to announce the beginning stages of vertical construction for Phase 1 of the CamWest Crossing development in Bryan, Texas.
Kicking off the development, 8872 Health Science Center Parkway will be home to a state of the art 61,000 SF class A office building. CamWest will provide office tenants the unique combination of high-end finishes, flexible floor plates, excellent location, and competitive deal terms. The anticipated delivery date of the building is April 2019.
CamWest Crossing spans over 45 acres with office, retail, and frontage along Health Science Center Parkway and State Highway 47. The project will benefit from close proximity to Texas A&M University, Texas A&M's new Rellis Campus, the Health Science Center, Easterwood Airport, Traditions Country Club and other nearby amenities. The property has excellent access to State Highway 47 which offers a five minute commute to Texas A&M's main campus.
Oldham Goodwin Group, LLC is assisting with the leasing & marketing of the development and are excited to be involved with the project.
https://oldhamgoodwin.com/oldham-goodwin-group-announces-construction-of-class-a-office-building-in-camwest-crossing-business-park/
dallasiteinsa02
Midtown is a fantasy unless they are going to eminent domain the entire area. It is a tremendous number of small parcels with different owners.
Oogway
Quite a few of those parcels are owned by the City of College Station and different LLCs affliated with the project so while the project is a ways away, it is doable. I thought the space where the landfill was located was supposed to be a large regional park to supplement Veterans, but it was difficult to see where that is on their map. (other than some baseball fields). Since some of that land in this area is in the floodplain, I wonder if the floodplain is the section that will be kept for the pedestrian/bicycle nature area/sidewalk that already exists. Before they started the roadway extension, that trail was glorious. If most of the trees are chopped down instead of left as a small buffer along the trail, that sidewalk will be a concrete heat haze like the rest of the town.
KidDoc
AG
Oogway said:

Quite a few of those parcels are owned by the City of College Station and different LLCs affliated with the project so while the project is a ways away, it is doable. I thought the space where the landfill was located was supposed to be a large regional park to supplement Veterans, but it was difficult to see where that is on their map. (other than some baseball fields). Since some of that land in this area is in the floodplain, I wonder if the floodplain is the section that will be kept for the pedestrian/bicycle nature area/sidewalk that already exists. Before they started the roadway extension, that trail was glorious. If most of the trees are chopped down instead of left as a small buffer along the trail, that sidewalk will be a concrete heat haze like the rest of the town.

I have to disagree a bit with you. The portion of the trail from the golf course to the pond and a bit beyond the pond is/was nice but once you got a bit closer to Christ UMC the view was dominated by giant powerlines and a power distribution center. Hopefully the heart of the trail will be preserved with the new construction. Also hopefully the construction will scare off the herd of wild pigs that like that pond.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Oogway
Yeah, okay, the bit you describe plus the ROW for the utilities was drab, but I figured they had to work with what they had. I was mostly just relieved to have a safe way to access Lick Creek via bike/walk without running on the highway.
PS3D
New Development does officially show the Chick-fil-a at Jones Crossing. Of note is the very long drive-through where you could get stuck behind nearly a dozen cars before finding a way out.
Kitten With A Whip
PS3D said:

New Development does officially show the Chick-fil-a at Jones Crossing. Of note is the very long drive-through where you could get stuck behind nearly a dozen cars before finding a way out.
I have seen the line at Cullpepper Chick-fil-a start at the Khols stop sign and thought I would be foolish to even try it, but while I may have been a fool, it only took 12 minutes to get past the window! They have that down!
Tailgate88
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

PS3D said:

I have seen the line at Cullpepper Chick-fil-a start at the Khols stop sign and thought I would be foolish to even try it, but while I may have been a fool, it only took 12 minutes to get past the window! They have that **** down!

If y'all are ordering CFA and not using the app and curbside pickup, you're doing it wrong.
jrhmc
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

PS3D said:

I have seen the line at Cullpepper Chick-fil-a start at the Khols stop sign and thought I would be foolish to even try it, but while I may have been a fool, it only took 12 minutes to get past the window! They have that **** down!

If y'all are ordering CFA and not using the app and curbside pickup, you're doing it wrong.
I tried that last time and it took longer than it did for the cars to go through the drive thru line at the South College Station location. They don't start your order until you are parked at their curbside spot so I watched several cars that would have been behind me get their food before I got mine at curbside.
Tailgate88
AG
You don't have to wait for it to automatically submit your order, on the screen where it is waiting for you to get there, you can press "Prepare My Order" and they'll start making it then. But I usually don't do that until I'm a couple blocks away. Generally it only takes 3-4 minutes for them to come out with the food.

Sometimes my wife is going to pick up lunch, and she'll have me submit it with the app for her and just put her car description in so they know who to take it to.
AggiePhil
AG
Jersey Mike's sign going up today!
Kitten With A Whip
Tailgate88 said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

PS3D said:

I'm always doing it wrong, but I'll have to try that!
Tailgate88
AG
It's very satisfying to click the "Prepare my Order" button, then drive past a double-line of drive thru customers that are backed up almost to the parking lot of Lowes, then have the friendly CFA employee bring out your order a couple minutes later.
texasaggie04
AG
I haven't seen west end listed on here. Are they still open? I've been hearing rumors the Northgate location is closed due to... Disputes with the landlord maybe?
ethridgem
AG
I can't confirm as to why, but the Northgate location is closed (and is not owned by the same owner as Downtown Elixir).
Captn_Ag05
AG
Threads Botique latest announced tenant at Jones Crossing

https://oldhamgoodwin.com/threads-boutique-coming-to-jones-crossing-in-college-station-tx/
stonebase
CJHajda said:

Any info when the Lakeway Drive project will be open for traffic between the hospital and Wm Fitch? Looks like the street lights are up, etc?
AggieBarstool
Oishi Sushi is open. Had an "Open 12/18" sign out front, flashing "Open" signs in the window, and people inside today.
The Anchor
AG
Based on a quick Google search, I think it is in Jones Crossing?
JMac03
AG
The Anchor said:

Based on a quick Google search, I think it is in Jones Crossing?
Yes. I haven't been by since they opened, but it is adjacent to a turf outdoor area. Not sure if they put stuff outside for the kids to play with, but it seems to be a smaller version of what is at Century Square.
AggieBarstool
That's correct. At the east end of the shopping center where Twin Liquor is.
AgsWin2011
AG
Noticed some chain link fence up and trees cleared on Old Arrington behind the Blue Baker and Kiddie Academy in Caprock Crossing. Anyone know what the plan is there?
rocketscience
AG
https://www.walmartreimagined.com/location/bryan-tx/

It looks like the Briarcrest Walmart is being "reimagined" with a very simple version of Walmart's new town center format.
JMac03
AG
CJHajda said:

https://www.walmartreimagined.com/location/bryan-tx/

It looks like the Briarcrest Walmart is being "reimagined" with a very simple version of Walmart's new town center format.
So what they are going to reduce the size of the store and put green space outside? Is this trying to compete with the Central Markets?
txbudda
Based on the website it looks like they are putting it where the recycling center is
carpe vinum
AG
Heismenberg said:

Noticed some chain link fence up and trees cleared on Old Arrington behind the Blue Baker and Kiddie Academy in Caprock Crossing. Anyone know what the plan is there?
I think that is slated for multi family, so apartments..
ratfacemcdougal
Looks like not changing the store, just turning non-revenue parking space into something they can lease and increase their monthly cash flow.
JMac03
AG
Thanks - I couldn't figure that out looking at the photos on my phone.

On a separate note - I heard (not sure where) they are going to do a rebuild or something to that Chick-Fil-A in that parking lot - maybe that goes with it?
toolshed
AG
The picture showing our actual store shows a different layout for the gas area, I assume they are keeping it, but changing the orientation. The Chick Fil A has a different driveway and parking layout as well, shifting the parking to the walmart side of the restaurant, allowing the drive through the full use of the space on the Briarcrest side.

The recycling area has new tenant spaces and there's an area called a "container park", using the large shipping containers as buildings, or modeling buildings on that modular design idea, for small tenants, I guess food or other smaller vendors? I think it will be helpful to the area, to draw in more traffic, and hopefully generate a little more retail revenue in the area vs just the Walmart space.

https://www.walmartreimagined.com/container-parks/

Revitalizing existing space is a good plan. I think that area of Briacrest in general could be better used and maximized based on it's location alone.
Tailgate88
AG
What is the big round structure on campus they are constructing between the new hotel and the bell tower? It almost looks like the base of a water tower....
Look Out Below
AG
I think they are putting a new classroom building somewhere in that vicinity.
UmustBKidding
We could plant some trees and pave and have some portable basket ball goals etc. And maybe we can even put in a stage/ screen for live events. It could be called "the Grove".
Na jk, we couldn't so that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.