BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

710,100 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
ethridgem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Bush's Chicken on 21 has closed. That completes the exit from the BCS market, I believe.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

That completes the exit from the BCS market, I believe.
It was a short stay
Geralt of Rivia
S
My parents really enjoyed the Bush's location on 21. They won't be happy about that
Chris98
AG
Chick-fil-a heading to Jones Crossing. Wonder if they're still planning location at West Bryan Walmart
ratfacemcdougal
I went by the hwy 21 store the other evening for chicken livers. I think they were left over from lunch. Chicken Excess always cooks them fresh. Bye bye, Bush's
Captn_Ag05
AG
Chris98 said:

Chick-fil-a heading to Jones Crossing. Wonder if they're still planning location at West Bryan Walmart
Finally official - http://oldhamgoodwin.com/chick-fil-coming-jones-crossing/
agcfa
Chick-fil-A is still planning on the West Bryan location next to Wal-Mart. The date hasn't been determined but it will be a while before that happens. My guess is at least 2020 or later.
JMac03
AG
Embassy Suites has a $6.99 lunch buffet M-F that looks pretty good:

https://www.facebook.com/ESCollegeStation/photos/a.440758962990645/659550807778125/?type=3
mgreen
What are they building next to the Mercedes and BMW dealerships at the corner on the bypass?
AggiePhil
AG
Cooper's BBQ
rptsAg03
This. x's 1000. Jason's Deli is farther, but always gets everything right! How hard is it?!?!
eloc62
Captn_Ag05 said:

Chris98 said:

I'm not surprised. Hopefully will help deter some of the traffic from the other 2 in CS. They have the best business model in the fast food game right now. pick one thing, do it it better than anyone else, and reap the rewards.
agfan92
AG
mgreen said:

What are they building next to the Mercedes and BMW dealerships at the corner on the bypass?
Cooper's BBQ is going further up the bypass on a larger lot, I believe. I'm curious about what's going next the dealerships, as well.
TXTEA12
Can we get a 3rd ownership group to operate the West Bryan CFA, so it'll open sooner than 2020?
JMac03
AG
Rice Garden sign up on the building behind Taco Cabana on Texas. I think it was Vy's before?
rocketscience
AG
agfan92 said:

mgreen said:

Cooper's BBQ is going further up the bypass on a larger lot, I believe. I'm curious about what's going next the dealerships, as well.
There's 3 dealerships going in there. Mercedes, BMW, and Hyundai; could that be what y'all are referring to?
dave99ag
AG
One of those is not like the others.
medicalag
AG
I remember hearing that a hotel was going in around where the car dealerships are being built
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EBrazosAg
AG
agfan92 said:

mgreen said:

You are right - Coopers going in on NE corner of Pavillion and E Hwy 6 Service Road, not by the car dealers.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JMac03
AG
Sonic College Station in front of Walmart closing today for demolition (9/23). Says will reopen in December.
AggiePhil
AG
Kreuz BBQ Bryan now officially closed.
techno-ag
AG
AggiePhil said:

Sad. But man they had some difficulties. Hope another restaurant can thrive there.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
redd38
AG
AggiePhil said:

Not at all surprising
Cyp0111
BBQ never seems to work well with the second location in a higher cost setup.
Fleen
eloc62 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Chris98 said:

I'm not surprised. Hopefully will help deter some of the traffic from the other 2 in CS. They have the best business model in the fast food game right now. pick one thing, do it it better than anyone else, and reap the rewards.

Maybe they could consult with the new charter school on dismissal traffic procedures...
Broncos
AggiePhil said:

Noooooooo
deh40
AG
Supposed to be coming to Century Square.

https://www.ambriza.com/
dallasiteinsa02
deh40 said:

Expensive Mexican food is not a concept that works we especially in BCS.
Cyp0111
Ambriza is an excellent restaurant. Possibly the best Margarita in Houston
Captn_Ag05
AG
I guess this is the replacement after the Berryhill Baja Grill deal fell through. Upgrade?
halibut sinclair
techno-ag said:

AggiePhil said:

Sad. But man they had some difficulties. Hope another restaurant can thrive there.
Right there on the bypass and everything. T&P for all involved.
Broncos
dallasiteinsa02 said:

deh40 said:

Expensive Mexican food is not a concept that works we especially in BCS.

Expensive? It's pretty much the same price point that Abuelos, Chuys, and Ninfas have.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Ambriza is an excellent restaurant. Possibly the best Margarita in Houston

This has my attention.
Cyp0111
It is not Tex Mex by any means. It is pretty excellent food though.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ambriza-social-mexican-kitchen-houston-4?osq=ambriza

jja79
AG
$14 for two duck confit tacos on the lunch menu keeps me away. I work near one in Spring and it was a one time thing for our group. Food is pretty good, but not nearly worth it to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.