BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

710,064 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
fcag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FUNgineering will be closed effective September 1. We will be selling everything. No online sales or auctions. We'll probably set up some evening hours in the next few weeks for people to pick things out, and post about it on Facebook. Equipment that is used in camps won't be available until after our last week of summer camp. We will have bulk LEGOs, pre-built sets, robotics kits, computers, furniture, a 3D printer with accessories, and more.

We are compiling a list of individuals and school with their wish lists.
rc_cat
JayHowdy! said:

musicforall said:

or Cheesecake Factory, Swensens, Hard Rock, La Madalene, Krispee Kreme, Dunkin Donuts, or a Waffle House? Or Lubys. There is a lot we do not have. Not that we NEED any of it. I'd rather have a Trader Joes.
Krispy Kreme coming to Harvey Road.

I thought I also read here that Krispy Kreme was going in at the new HEB on Wellborn - are there going to be two locations?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans have been submitted for a KK on Harvey near old Toys R Us. There have been rumors of a location going in at Jones Crossing, but no plans submitted or official announcement yet.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of Jones Crossing, the rumored Sports Clips was officially announced this week. It will open in spring of 2019.
rc_cat
Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans have been submitted for a KK on Harvey near old Toys R Us. There have been rumors of a location going in at Jones Crossing, but no plans submitted or official announcement yet.
Thanks - Jones Crossing seems like a better location, but what do I know? I assume they're putting a new building in the parking lot somewhere with the Harvey location?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yes, a new build by the mattress place.
carpe vinum
AG
Like where Grandy's was.
Carny89
I heard the gym across from ducky's in Bryan is closing aug 1.
ethridgem
AG
I had the good fortune of attending the soft opening this morning at Stella Southern Cafe. I'm very impressed. The atmosphere is very relaxed and comfortable, coffee was great, and I really enjoyed my food. I had the Bacon Lollipops and the High On the Hog sandwich, which is a homemade biscuit, pulled pork, jalapeno pimento cheese, and fried onion strips. I even took a dozen biscuits and their Mimosa Jam (holy moly that stuff is good) back to my office to share!

This will be a great place for a lazy breakfast/brunch or a great place to take Mom when she visits from out of town. A+ will be back. The ONLY suggestion I offered them was the butter that I asked for came out too cold to spread on a biscuit - that stuff needs to be room temperature, y'all!

#HonorThyBiscuit (I know hashtags don't work on here, but wanted to pimp it for them anyways.)
Captn_Ag05
AG
Heard from three different sources that there is a top golf type concept (but definitely not Top Golf) coming to BCS and they are working through the permitting process right now. Who knows, it could be a bad rumor all coming from the same source, but there's an awful lot of smoke.
Broncos
Captn_Ag05 said:

Heard from three different sources that there is a top golf type concept (but definitely not Top Golf) coming to BCS and they are working through the permitting process right now. Who knows, it could be a bad rumor all coming from the same source, but there's an awful lot of smoke.

Could this be connected to the teaser that Caprock Construction posted?
nonag97
Placed called Juicy has a sign up in the Brazos Square strip (between Target and Walgreens on Tx). Sign also says Cajun Seafood Crawfish
rocketscience
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I also heard this. Rumor has it that there will be a Big Shots right by the railroad tracks across from Jones Crossing, next to Aspen Heights. I've not heard of this company until now but it looks to have a pretty solid setup based on their website. Should be perfect fit since Topgolf won't come to this market.
fcag
AG
nonag97 said:

Placed called Juicy has a sign up in the Brazos Square strip (between Target and Walgreens on Tx). Sign also says Cajun Seafood Crawfish

Juicy? Possibly the East Texas burger or taco chain?
AggiePhil
AG
Tried Stella Southern Cafe today. I give it a B+. Food was OK (not amazing, but OK) but the prices were way too high IMO. $5 kids entree consisted of one [barely] French toasted biscuit and nothing more. Fresh squeezed orange juice was good but expensive. In the end, we spent $48 on breakfast for two adults and two kids. I'm not cheap by any means but I can't justify that, especially for average to slightly above average food.

We'll try it again in six months to see if anything has changed but until then, I make a mean breakfast at home and it costs a heck of a lot less.

ETA-It was also way too hot in there.
AggiePhil
AG
fcag said:

nonag97 said:

Juicy? Possibly the East Texas burger or taco chain?

Eh, the Tyler burger chain is spelled Jucy's. That would be pretty awesome though.
Captn_Ag05
AG
nonag97 said:

It's called Juicy Crawfish. It's out of Houston.

https://juicycrawfish.com
Captn_Ag05
AG
CJHajda said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

I also heard this. Rumor has it that there will be a Big Shots right by the railroad tracks across from Jones Crossing, next to Aspen Heights. I've not heard of this company until now but it looks to have a pretty solid setup based on their website. Should be perfect fit since Topgolf won't come to this market.

Yep BigShots is what I heard as well. BigShots also does consulting work, and advised 4ore!, which is the place in Lubbock that has been discussed on this board. So, will have to wait until the announcement (expected next week) to know for sure.
deh40
AG
AggiePhil said:

Tried Stella Southern Cafe today. I give it a B+. Food was OK (not amazing, but OK) but the prices were way too high IMO. $5 kids entree consisted of one [barely] French toasted biscuit and nothing more. Fresh squeezed orange juice was good but expensive. In the end, we spent $48 on breakfast for two adults and two kids. I'm not cheap by any means but I can't justify that, especially for average to slightly above average food.

We'll try it again in six months to see if anything has changed but until then, I make a mean breakfast at home and it costs a heck of a lot less.

I agree. Got scrambled eggs and it was supposed to be 2 eggs, but if it was they were the smallest eggs I have ever seen and bacon was severely over cooked. Biscuit and homemade jelly were good and my wife ate my grits and said they were good.
CDub06
AG
I'd hope there's something better to judge Stella on than a bunch of scrambled eggs.
dallasiteinsa02
deh40 said:

AggiePhil said:

I agree. Got scrambled eggs and it was supposed to be 2 eggs, but if it was they were the smallest eggs I have ever seen and bacon was severely over cooked. Biscuit and homemade jelly were good and my wife ate my grits and said they were good.
We tried it as well. It is Biscuit not Biscuits and Gravy for $6. My wife got some pulled pork with pimento cheese on top. It was good, but not worth the price. My kids are not big eaters. The kids plates are tiny for $5.

It is like they are trying to be a copy of Biscuit Love out of Nashville. Except their portions are smaller, their prices are slightly higher, and their quality of food is not as good.
Turf-Ag02
AG
Does anyone know the secret knock to 5 Knocks?

Honestly just looking for some insight on this place. I have a group of people interested now that they finally believe me it does exist.
mgreen
Turf-Ag02 said:

Honestly just looking for some insight on this place. I have a group of people interested now that they finally believe me it does exist.
Hint- The password is hidden in the name of the bar.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Dat Dog in the Domain building looks to be coming along and they have now hiring signs up in the building. Also, there's another place in the Domain called Bonfire Social Club with signage up. Hadn't heard anything about that before.
TLIAC
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

It is like they are trying to be a copy of Biscuit Love out of Nashville. Except their portions are smaller, their prices are slightly higher, and their quality of food is not as good.
My husband looked at their website today and you are right, they are modeling Biscuit Love in Nashville (which by the way is amazing). I will have to try their "bonuts" to see how they compare.
Geop84
AG
Turf-Ag02 said:

We were at West End Friday and the bartender was recommending that we try 5 Knocks. The key is to knock 5 times on the door to be let in.
ag009
AG
Forgive me if this was already discussed. Anyone know what is going in on Jones Road across from the Expo Center? They just cleared a good bit of acreage.
Oogway
Dirt work beginning at Krenek Tap & Dartmouth. Which City building is that supposed to be again? Police Dept?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Believe so. With it's updated traditional design.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Not much happening in this week's update at College Station Planning and Development. Highlights include Aaron's Automotive being built near Barron and 6 and a remodel to Logie's.
Captn_Ag05
AG
katlong said:

Forgive me if this was already discussed. Anyone know what is going in on Jones Road across from the Expo Center? They just cleared a good bit of acreage.
There is a new subdivision going in off Jones around there, so that may be it. It is called Alamosa Springs and around 220 homes.
ag009
AG
Thank you! Interesting. Seems like I'd be a stretch for 220 homes in what they have cleared thus far. We shall see!
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Logies is getting a remodel? Now you have my attention...
DBSwooper
There is a lot of dirt work beginning between the sign place and Hardy Weedon on SH30 (about the 10000 block) that isn't a part of the new Stylecraft sub-division going on. Any ideas?
Captn_Ag05
AG
There is a new Climate Doctors building, a new Standard Supply building, and new John Deere Nursery all going up in that area.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.