BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,985 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans for Sandy's Bar and Grill. They will have six sand volleyball courts in addition to the restaurant and bar. To be located off Shiloh in Bryan.

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2018%20SDRC/4-24-18/CU18-05%20Site%20Plan,%2004-24-18.pdf

Looks like a fun place, reminds me Ricky Miller's old place back in the day...located next to Wolf Creek Car Wash...

Anyway, this is actually also off Harvey Rd north of Copperfield.

I noticed the Harvey Road location on the filing . Will there be two locations or is that just an office address?
CDub06
AG
You want proof? I got your proof. https://www.bwx-bcs.org/
Rex Racer
AG
KidDoc said:

Geop84 said:

Does anyone know what is going to be built at Bush and Wellborn? They are grading the lot where they tore down the old apartments.

I looked but couldn't find it on the front page.
My understanding is they are doing an underpass like the other campus roads at Wellborn but I have no proof of this. If it is an underpass I think the plan is to build nothing but roads in that spot.
TTI and TXDot conducted a survey last year to gather input about the best way to handle road closures, etc.

https://www.bwx-bcs.org/

There's nothing set in concrete yet.
B2BCS15
AG
Our hot subs are GREAT! My wife is pregnant with twins right now and has been on the buffalo chicken kick the last couple JM visits while out of town.......and definitely no cheese whiz on our Philly!
nought
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans for Sandy's Bar and Grill. They will have six sand volleyball courts in addition to the restaurant and bar. To be located off Shiloh in Bryan.

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2018%20SDRC/4-24-18/CU18-05%20Site%20Plan,%2004-24-18.pdf

Looks like a fun place, reminds me Ricky Miller's old place back in the day...located next to Wolf Creek Car Wash...

Sneakers?
DBSwooper
nought said:

Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

So is it on Harvey near Copperfield for real or is it where the google image they have in the design on Shiloh? That spot on Shiloh is way in the back. The "existing dirt road" is an oil field road that is right next to the entry gate to Sanderson Farms. Seems like a great place to dump a body, not open a sports bar.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Had a good laugh at the "great place to dump a body" comment.

According to the records with the city, it is a "request to place a restaurant/sand volleyball complex on lot 8 of block 5 of the Brazos County Industrial Park. This site is located on Shiloh Ave."

Agreed, it does seem to be a really strange location. The CS Harvey Road address is confusing also.
Oogway
Well, guess you'd know the chicken was fresh if it came from next door....why go to CS when you can have it hot and now....
Tailgate88
AG
nought said:

Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Sneakers?
That's it. And then Bullwinkles? Or was that only over at the far end of Culpepper? Can't remember the timeline. There's a few other things I don't remember from those years...
Captn_Ag05
AG
Has there been any talk about this City View Southwest development? Not sure what all is planned but looks like office space and some retail. A gym is already part of it.

http://www.cityview-sw.com/index.html
Broncos
I may have missed it but...

What's being built next to the Tower Point Bahama Bucks (corner of Arrington and Fitch). It looks like it has a drive through.
kraut
AG
Broncos said:

I may have missed it but...

What's being built next to the Tower Point Bahama Bucks (corner of Arrington and Fitch). It looks like it has a drive through.
Starbucks
ratfacemcdougal
There is some work going on in the end cap across the street from Bryan Target, (next to rack room shoes)...anybody know what is going in?
Oogway
Do you know who owns that corner lot where it was graded? Whoever owns that can pick up some $$ for gameday parking while they wait for construction to begin if that's allowed.
dave99ag
AG
Oogway said:

Do you know who owns that corner lot where it was graded? Whoever owns that can pick up some $$ for gameday parking while they wait for construction to begin if that's allowed.
TxDOT probably owns that area now. Maybe they can help pay for the project some.
AggieBarstool
Does anyone know what's being built at the corner of Brother and Longmire (behind the Walmart at 2818)? At first I thought it was a small housing area, but they just put up steel supports on a concrete foundation -- looks like a warehouse of some sort?
FILO505
AG
Strip center
AggieBarstool
tombdaddy504 said:

Strip center
Oh yay. Any news on what stores will be there?
deh40
AG
Anyone know why the TRYP hotel has not opened? Appears it has been finished for months.
redd38
AG
deh40 said:

Anyone know why the TRYP hotel has not opened? Appears it has been finished for months.

I think it is open
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yes it's been open for a few months at least. My folks stayed there in early March.
Counterpoint
AG
AggieBarstool said:

tombdaddy504 said:

Strip center
Oh yay. Any news on what stores will be there?
I have three guesses.
Tailgate88
AG
Caso de Brasil is taking reservations on OpenTable starting May 3rd!

Edit: They just posted this to Facebook...

Quote:

We're finishing a few touches, and the staff is working on fine tuning their delivery.
Tuesday, May 1 our doors will open for dinner reservations. Please join us.
#casadobrasiltx #braziliansteakhouse #restaurant #churascaria #food #experience #saladbar #dining

Captn_Ag05
AG
Star Cinema Grill is opening Mother's Day weekend.
BCSWguru
saw Hooters is coming along nicely. the exterior has added orange so you definitely know what it is now.
FlyRod
Blackwater Draw closing Northgate location due to rising rents. Announced on their Facebook page.
techno-ag
AG
FlyRod said:

Blackwater Draw closing Northgate location due to rising rents. Announced on their Facebook page.
Wowzers. It's early for the summer closings to start.
KidDoc
AG
FlyRod said:

Wow! It seems pretty busy when I'm in the area. They must be really jacking the rent up.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Bummer, that is such a great spot. Always enjoyed brunch and hanging out on the porch under the tree. Hopefully something worthwhile moves in next. Also, if the doubling of taxes is true, city leaders need to watch this before it gets out of hand. Properties right on the Bryan side may become more popular.
FlyRod
They're keeping and improving on the downtown Bryan location, which seems wise. Wouldn't be surprised to see other Northgate locations, like West End Elixir close, given the popularity of their downtown Bryan location.
redd38
AG
Will be sad if the Northgate bars start getting priced out and turned into high-rise apartments
Turf-Ag02
AG
What was Blackwater Draw in the past? I recall some sort of restaurant if I remember correctly.
australopithecus robustus
Northgate's not going anywhere and it's alcohol sales ECLIPSE downtown Bryan.

Flyrod, are you Greg D?
texasaggie04
AG
Turf-Ag02 said:

What was Blackwater Draw in the past? I recall some sort of restaurant if I remember correctly.

Last I remember was a Mexican place called Frederico's. Can't remember what it was before that.
PS3D
texasaggie04 said:

Turf-Ag02 said:

Last I remember was a Mexican place called Frederico's. Can't remember what it was before that.

Satchel's, Fredriko's, then Dixie Chicken's corporate headquarters, then Blackwater Draw.

As for it, that's too bad, although seating was too limited. Menu seemed slim too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.