BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

703,819 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Halal Guys coming to College Station?

Quote:

Fatany is working on two more in the Inner Loop; one might be ready by the end of the year, and the other slated for a 2019 opening. He also will be the franchisee for the San Antonio area as well as College Station, where the Texas A&M grad plans to put new locations.

https://m.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/The-Halal-Guys-takes-on-Med-Center-13079066.php
Captn_Ag05
AG
Frontier Title is opening up office space in Century Square.
dallasiteinsa02
Captn_Ag05 said:

Will they validate?
The Original AG 76
AG
Anyone have any info or estimated opening date for the new HEB ? Looking like they are getting close.
ethridgem
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Anyone have any info or estimated opening date for the new HEB ? Looking like they are getting close.
Last date I saw was Sep 12.
Cyp0111
LULULEMON, Sabi Boutique, Onward Reserve are all coming to Century Square
Broncos
Captn_Ag05 said:

Oh man, can't wait to check it out.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Broncos said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Oh man, can't wait to check it out.
haha, I know it isn't exciting, but office tenants are good for Century Square.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Nice! Hadn't seen that. First two are relocations from elsewhere in CS, but Onward Reserve is new I believe. LuluLemon makes total sense in Century Square.
JMac03
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Cyp0111 said:

Nice! Hadn't seen that. First two are relocations from elsewhere in CS, but Onward Reserve is new I believe. LuluLemon makes total sense in Century Square.
Where is there a Lululemon now?
UmustBKidding
Woodstone
JMac03
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Woodstone

I seriously had no idea. Doesn't seem near high end enough of a location.
viejo
Cyp0111 said:

Awesome! Three more places I won't frequent until Century Square does away with paid parking!
FlyRod
Appears to be a Cajun seafood place opening where the old Club Karma was on Texas in CS.
UmustBKidding
Its not a store its a showroom. Its has no walk in traffic since it is hidden from view. It how they soft launch in unknown markets and think it been there since 2015. Guess they finally have determined there are enough people with money and no qualms about spending it on overpriced merchandise in the century square area. I wish them luck, they probably will do great there.
76Ag
AG
Please excuse the question but where is Century Square? We drove down University Drive this weekend west of Texas Ave. and it was unrecognizable from the last time we drove that route. What the hell has happened to my home town??
redd38
AG
Fence came down from around Zachary today.
bobinator
AG
Some staff have already moved into Zachry.
JMac03
AG
76Ag said:

Please excuse the question but where is Century Square? We drove down University Drive this weekend west of Texas Ave. and it was unrecognizable from the last time we drove that route. What the hell has happened to my home town??
Its across from campus and across from Hurricane Harry's. Its where old-timers would remember "Married Student Housing" was. It is across from ETED and Zachry.
76Ag
AG
Okay, thanks. I saw all of that but not the name for the development. Looks very nice but we went to Fuego. Love their food.
The Original AG 76
AG
JMac03 said:

76Ag said:

Its across from campus and across from Hurricane Harry's. Its where old-timers would remember "Married Student Housing" was. It is across from ETED and Zachry.
that aint what we called it !!!
Sleepnumber
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

JMac03 said:

76Ag said:

that aint what we called it !!!
MyTexasCarGuy
AG
When is Pappadeaux's coming? That rumor had been out for a while.
MyTexasCarGuy
AG
Zoe's in Century Square doesn't.... Terrible to have to pay to park and then eat. Probably won't go there too much.
Anonymous Source
S
What's the recourse if you don't pay to park at Century Square?
Do I get a ticket? Do they boot my car? Am I called up on stage at the green belt thingy and publicly shunned?
Gig 'Em
bobinator
AG
Am I the only one that doesn't care much about the pay to park thing?
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

No
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
I grew up stuffing nickels in meters downtown so paying to have close-in parking in a well maintained lot is fine

What's a PITA is the $1/hr $5/2hr scam.

AG
bobinator said:

No I don't care either and have enjoyed every visit to Century Square. I plan to go there again in the near future to check out Sweet Paris, Subzero, and of course the Alpha movie in a few weeks.

People can save their precious $1 and miss out, less crowds that way.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Counterpoint
AG
CollegeStationAgFan said:

Am I called up on stage at the green belt thingy and publicly shunned?

Yes.
JMac03
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

I grew up stuffing nickels in meters downtown so paying to have close-in parking in a well maintained lot is fine

LastHamlet
AG
bobinator said:

Nope. Some people are acting like it's costing them their life savings to pay for parking. If you're going to eat at Porters and ***** about paying a few dollars to park then they might need to keep on driving down to McDonalds.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

This is my biggest complaint. One hour isn't enough time to eat at most of the establishments there, so you either have to run out and put in another buck for that extra hour or just suck it up and have your fee jump from $1 to $5.

One buck for 60 minutes is fine.
Five bucks for 61 minutes is a total rip-off and they know it.

So far, they haven't gotten hardly any business from me because of this.
KidDoc
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Quote:

This is my biggest complaint. One hour isn't enough time to eat at most of the establishments there, so you either have to run out and put in another buck for that extra hour or just suck it up and have your fee jump from $1 to $5.

One buck for 60 minutes is fine.
Five bucks for 61 minutes is a total rip-off and they know it.

So far, they haven't gotten hardly any business from me because of this.
I agree this can be annoying but so far on my last two visits (Mo's and Porter's) it took almost exactly 60 minutes. I would like to have an app to pay for parking as well just to make it easier/faster.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Anchor
AG
Take the commentary on parking at Century Square off of the Coming and Going thread and put it on one of the Century Square parking threads.

Linked for you all:

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2961157
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2959545
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2949834
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2949834

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.