Century Square about to tow!

8,093 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by pants
Marty79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heard from the head of parking that they are about to start towing on Monday so y'all remember to pay for parking or your car is gonna get towed!
australopithecus robustus
This is gonna be good!! I will watch this unfold with great interest.
techno-ag
AG
If true, I will not visit the businesses there.
BlueMiles
AG
I drove by Thursday, and saw they expected one to pay to park in the garage. I just wanted to pick up a meal to go. Sorry, I don't have the deep pockets of gopitt and I kept on driving.
gopitt
They will continue to do great but I admit that towing is ridiculous. Place is packed every time I go.
There has to be a better solution. I, too, am interested in how this unfolds.
FlyRod
Quote:

If true, I will not visit the businesses there.

Ah, another reason to patronize these businesses.
unmade bed
unmade bed
^^fwiw that was an unintentional Blue Diamond post. Not sure how that happened. Was not meaning to comment on this thread or any particular post
Cancelled
AG
Hop daddy sure left a lot to be desired.
FlyRod
Love me some Hopdoddy.
Thisguy1
Went to the movie theater the other day and when we pulled into the garage the gate was open. I pushed the button to get a ticket just to make sure I could get out. No ticket. Pushed again, no ticket. Screen said pull through so we did. Sure enough about midnight we're trying to leave and the gate is closed and we need a ticket. I parked so we didn't back up the line and we called for help. The girl immediately open the gate, but right in time for another person to pull through. We pulled up so we'd be ready thinking it would go quick again, pushed for help again and got a different girl. She took forever and didn't believe us. Eventually she opened the gate but it took her taking our name and number down to do it.

I've heard of A LOT of business getting pissed at the parking situation and they don't agree it should cost to park there. I realize you aren't going to hear a lot of positive comments from businesses, but it seems like everyone I've talked to has a story about them talking to business managers about the situation and they're all negative.
chigger
AG
We've loved Hoppdoddy's too, but the last time I went, two weeks ago, it was not good. The fries were terrible and the burger was not like the usual. Lukewarm and like it had been left out.

Given the parking situation, we probably won't be back.
MarineBQ04
AG
Star Cinema validates parking, maybe other business should follow the lead.
Oogway
I think the confusion is my biggest complaint. We went to Mo's and parked by the entrance and the parking situation was not very clear. We had the note on the windshield, but ignored it. We were there for lunch so our stay wasn't all that long and our tab (around $100) wasn't all that big but if I'm going to have a meal I want to go and have a meal, not spend half an hour looking for a kiosk or wondering where my car got towed to.
AgFan131
Not my car. I don't go to century square.
Kitten With A Whip
BlueMiles said:

I drove by Thursday, and saw they expected one to pay to park in the garage. I just wanted to pick up a meal to go. Sorry, I don't have the deep pockets of gopitt and I kept on driving.
I would have done the same.
SoTheySay
S
It would be super great if they would LABEL what needs to be paid. I got a "parking reminder" last week for parking in what they called storefront which I wouldn't classify as storefront parking.
ZoneClubber
AG
BlueMiles said:

1st 30 minutes are free. So to go shouldn't be a problem.
MarineBQ04
AG
I was there last night and they had parking lot attendants watching like hawks...
Fonzie Scheme
AG
You know, if what you do there is worth the experience, you will pay. If you want to go somewhere else, God bless you and go somewhere else.

But, for that part of town and the development that has come with it, you cannot expect to just pull in and enjoy your evening. Part of growing up is realizing that parking comes at a premium.

If that offends you, there are plenty of McDonalds to satiate you.
techno-ag
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

You know, if what you do there is worth the experience, you will pay. If you want to go somewhere else, God bless you and go somewhere else.

But, for that part of town and the development that has come with it, you cannot expect to just pull in and enjoy your evening. Part of growing up is realizing that parking comes at a premium.

Eh. The Republic & Christopher's have done well without charging for parking. I think us grownups will be fine.
gopitt
What Fonzie Scheme said. Not for everyone. I enjoy the great variety, the newness, the cleanliness, the vibe, the free music scene, upscale restaurants, etc. For me, it's worth a couple of bucks to park just like Northgate charges.
If it doesn't fit your budget there are plenty of alternatives. To each his own.
Thisguy1
Zone416 said:

BlueMiles said:

1st 30 minutes are free. So to go shouldn't be a problem.

Is this true? I've had friends get slips for running in to Tiff's Treats to get a couple cookies.
halibut sinclair
Spreadsheet updated. Techno is an lol poor.
Jimmy_the_gent
AG
1st thirty minutes in garage are free. Street parking is not free.
jello123
Back in the 1950-1960's Downtown Bryan put in parking meters..... guess what happened? Death and the march southward began to Townshire, then Manor East, now CS.
Stucco
Having to worry about being done at a certain time means I can't relax and enjoy myself. There are plenty of people that will go and I'm sure some of the businesses will do great there. Hopdoddy's burgers are amazing. Tiff's Treats is really good. I've been several times, but after trying everything, I'd just rather go somewhere I can not worry about the time, especially now that they are towing.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
The garage should be completely free and then surface lot besides the quick 15 min pick up sports should be paid.
Post removed:
by user
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

I grew up in Plano where they have a very similar (and slightly nicer) shopping/dining area called Shops at Legacy. Parking is free and you can pay to valet if you want to show off. A lot more rich people flowing through that area than CS but they understand paying to park is a pain in the ass and hurts business. Guess I'll just take my poor self to McDonalds though
gopitt
And good luck to you. You'll pay more for a quarter pounder and fries than parking but, by gosh, you'll show them who is boss.
Wonder why we don't have all this gnashing of teeth for the Northgate garage with much more limited and run down options?
techno-ag
AG
PWestAg18 said:

Fonzie Scheme said:

I grew up in Plano where they have a very similar (and slightly nicer) shopping/dining area called Shops at Legacy. Parking is free and you can pay to valet if you want to show off. A lot more rich people flowing through that area than CS but they understand paying to park is a pain in the ass and hurts business. Guess I'll just take my poor self to McDonalds though
Well said. Just ignore the trolls. Flag and move on.
techno-ag
AG
gopitt said:

And good luck to you. You'll pay more for a quarter pounder and fries than parking but, by gosh, you'll show them who is boss.
Wonder why we don't have all this gnashing of teeth for the Northgate garage with much more limited and run down options?
I understand your sentiment gopitt but personally I avoid NG too for the most part.
BlueMiles
AG
techno-ag said:

gopitt said:

I understand your sentiment gopitt but personally I avoid NG too for the most part.

Same. And the city no longer charges for the metered surface lot at lunch time, because it was hurting business.
Wicked Good Ag
Dude Where's my Car?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.