BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

708,891 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
drewj96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is happening across the street from corner bar at northgate?
KidDoc
AG
Z bar- upscale bar with a porch on the roof.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ski-man
AG
Can't wait to visit again.
Let's go ski-man!
KidDoc
AG
Apparently Porter's steakhouse in Century Square opened today. Anyone try it yet?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
B2BCS15 said:

I have big hopes that the area can support several Jersey Mike's locations, but I've got to get the first location established and prove that this market will be as excited as I am with the concept. I think it's an excellent product that will quickly stand out from the competition for quality and taste, so I don't think we'll have a problem grabbing a share of the market. With that said, I had a couple ideas on where to put the first store so I'm still working a couple different options to see what kind of agreement can be made. With the direction that commercial real estate has gone recently (along with residential RE), it certaintly makes it very difficult to get into key market areas and still ensure the success of the business.

I grew up in the surrounding area and am a FTA class of '04, so I have pride in this town and planned on giving back as much as I'm phyically able. To find a franchise like Jersey Mike's that fosters that same mentality from a corporate directive and actively seeks out that quality in their franchisee's, means a lot.

I always welcome my future customer's feedback and opinions. While I plan on having a presence in Bryan in the future, I am solely focusing on CS for my first store. Even when only dealing with CS, this is a dynamic and diverse market so I would love to hear where you would like to see the first store go.......just to make sure I'm on the same page!

Ive never heard of Jersey Mike's. What am I missing?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Heard Harvest Coffee is going to open up in Century Square. I am not sure if it is in addition to or instead of their downtown Bryan location.

My wife asked them tonight and it is in addition to their current location. I'm glad because they have the best coffee in town and awesome sandwiches.
Captn_Ag05
AG
That is great news! Always happy to see a local business thriving and expanding.
mgreen
KidDoc said:

Apparently Porter's steakhouse in Century Square opened today. Anyone try it yet?
Just went to their website and oddly they are not taking reservations even with Valentines this week.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Maybe it was a soft opening? Their social media pages don't indicate that they opened.
JM04
AG
I was at the jobsite on Tuesday and they were still laying tile in the kitchen. I know they were scrambling on Friday to get the electrical inspection complete. Per the electrician he hadn't seen anyone in for training just applicants coming and going. I don't see them opening for another 2-3 weeks at best.

The interior looks great. Look forward to dining there in the near future.
Cyp0111
They've blown through most budgets. I assume they wanted to be open for V-day. I bet they open in late March/April......just in time for the summer slow season.
carpe vinum
AG
Another big subdivision in the works
Lakeway on Rock Prairie and Bird Pond
605 lots on 232 acres
http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=25378

Captn_Ag05
AG
That triangle of land between Rock Prairie, 6, and Fitch is prime for residential development, so this makes sense.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Plans submitted to city of Bryan for a new 60,000 sq foot, four story office structure off HSC Parkway between HSC and the Stella. Anyone know who the tenant is that is building that?
Oogway
Woah, carpe- - adding that to Greens Prairie Reserve and Southern Pointe ( former TWS site) that's close to 3000 total homesites isn't it?

CS collecting impact fees on any of those yet or is that still deferred til 2019?
eloc62
Rasslin Cheesehead said:

B2BCS15 said:

I have big hopes that the area can support several Jersey Mike's locations, but I've got to get the first location established and prove that this market will be as excited as I am with the concept. I think it's an excellent product that will quickly stand out from the competition for quality and taste, so I don't think we'll have a problem grabbing a share of the market. With that said, I had a couple ideas on where to put the first store so I'm still working a couple different options to see what kind of agreement can be made. With the direction that commercial real estate has gone recently (along with residential RE), it certaintly makes it very difficult to get into key market areas and still ensure the success of the business.

I grew up in the surrounding area and am a FTA class of '04, so I have pride in this town and planned on giving back as much as I'm phyically able. To find a franchise like Jersey Mike's that fosters that same mentality from a corporate directive and actively seeks out that quality in their franchisee's, means a lot.

I always welcome my future customer's feedback and opinions. While I plan on having a presence in Bryan in the future, I am solely focusing on CS for my first store. Even when only dealing with CS, this is a dynamic and diverse market so I would love to hear where you would like to see the first store go.......just to make sure I'm on the same page!

Ive never heard of Jersey Mike's. What am I missing?

From the Jersey Mikes commercial. "The sub above difference is grilled, because if you are making a cheesesteak and your'e not using a hot grill to make it, well, your'e not making a cheesesteak." Thats what we are missing. If you like a really good sub sando and give them a try, you will never eat at Subway again.
rocketscience
AG
A quick google search led to a development by RoseRock out of Bryan coming up that's expected to start first quarter of 2018.
FILO505
AG
Not to dismiss Jersey Mike's but, if Subway is your measuring stick, you've never had a proper cheesesteak.

Where's that RoseRock development, specifically?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Plans here: http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2018%20SDRC/2-13-18/SP18-09%20CamWest%20Bio%20Park,%2002-13-18.PDF

It is next to the iBio building if you know where that is.

Nice find on the image of the building. It looks like they are builders. I wonder who is going to occupy the building? I assume they have a large tenant to justify financing.

ETA winky face not intended.
eloc62
tombdaddy504 said:

Not to dismiss Jersey Mike's but, if Subway is your measuring stick, you've never had a proper cheesesteak.

Where's that RoseRock development, specifically?
Subway is not my measuring stick. I hate the place and do not eat there.Guess i figured that was most people in this town"s measuring stick. I love a good Philly cheesesteak. right now my go to place is Hullaballoo, but have heard good things about Blake's Steaks, and want to give them a try. Cant wait for Jersey Mikes to open!
Captn_Ag05
AG
BCS Modern broke ground on loft and artist studios today in downtown Bryan (23rd and Parker). From what I can tell, it will be a three story structure with lofts on floors 2 and 3 and artist studios on ground level. The project is named the Kasparov, after the chess player.

CactusThomas
AG
Can't model Bryan without a loose dog, single cab Chevy and some hipsters.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans submitted for a new 35,000 square foot Tru Fit in Bryan Towne Center.
jman12878
Saw a sign for Five Below coming next to barnes and Noble in CS. And anyone know what's coming next to Imperial Chinese in Bryan??
isitjustme
AG
Hooters
Captn_Ag05
AG
Five Below is starting to pop up everywhere. I haven't been to one yet.
EBrazosAg
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

BCS Modern broke ground on loft and artist studios today in downtown Bryan (23rd and Parker). From what I can tell, it will be a three story structure with lofts on floors 2 and 3 and artist studios on ground level. The project is named the Kasparov, after the chess player.

Nice scooter. Leash laws don't apply in downtown Bryan it appears
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Okay, Benjamin Knox is just getting lazier and lazier.....
mgreen
A modern building in downtown Bryan seems to go against everything they are pushing there.
LightningDammitt
AG
mgreen said:

A modern building in downtown Bryan seems to go against everything they are pushing there.
There is a complex "catty-corner" to this one with very similar architecture already...
Captn_Ag05
AG
Do you know the name of that development?
DBSwooper
mgreen said:

I've always understood that the goal was a mix of historic buildings on the south end and new modern development on the (now demolished) north end with some modern design mixed in on the eastern and western edges of downtown.

LightningDammitt
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Do you know the name of that development?

I do not...
drewj96
What is going on across the street from the driving range on west rock prairie?
Turf-Ag02
AG
New elementary school and the continuation of Great Oaks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.